Is there a new heaven and a new earth coming?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Wootah
Savant

Post #1

Post by Wootah »

A New Heaven and a New Earth
Revelation 21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

More quotes taken from: https://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-s ... earth.html

Isaiah 65:17-19 - “See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more.”

2 Peter 3:13 – “But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells.”

Revelation 21:1 – “Then I saw ‘a new heaven and a new earth,’ for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.”

Isaiah 66:22 - “‘As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,’ declares the Lord, ‘so will your name and descendants endure.’”

Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."

onewithhim
Savant

Re: Is there a new heaven and a new earth coming?

Post #51

Post by onewithhim »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:42 am
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:19 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:14 am
onewithhim wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:01 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:43 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:06 am
onewithhim wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:44 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #42]

Indeed, everything will be made new......new governmental arrangement, and a new society of people, people who are righteously inclined and will support Jehovah as the rightful Sovereign of the universe. That is what a "new heaven and a new earth" means. This will, as you say, be completed after the Millennial reign of Christ when there will be no more death.

New heavens = new government (under Christ Jesus)
New earth = new society of righteous people

Concerning the actual planet => "He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever." (Psalm 104:5)

"He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens, Like the earth that he has established forever." (Psalm 78:69)

"The earth remains forever." (Ecclesiastes 1:4)

"The meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace....The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it." (Psalm 37:11,29)
The "LORD"/YHWY, the Lord God, will dwell within Israel, with "My servant David" as their king. (Ezekiel 37:24-28) with respect to the millennium, and as far as the post millennium status, there will be changes, as "I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea" (Revelation 21:1), and "the city (Jerusalem) has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb." (Revelation 21:23). The millennium has David as their king/leader (Ezekiel 37:24 & Revelation 20:4 & Ezekiel 34:24), and it is not a new "heaven", and the righteous will rule with "Christ" (Revelation 20:4), and it will not be a new earth, for death will still remain a part of life, until after the millennium ends.
I'm not sure what all it is that you are differing with me about, but YHWH, Jehovah, will always be "with" his people, just as he has been in the past, even thousands of years ago (Isaiah 30:20,21; Jeremiah 14:9; Psalm 78:60; I Corinthians 14:25). Obviously he doesn't need to be literally on the planet to be "with" or "among" his people.

"My Servant David" actually refers to Jesus Christ, who takes the throne that David once occupied when David was representing Jehovah on the throne in Jerusalem. (Luke 1:32,33) Now it is Jesus who represents Jehovah on the throne which is now in heaven, associated with "the New Jerusalem." (Galatians 4:26; Revelation 3:12)

The "new earth" is made up of righteous humans who will love their God and Creator and his Son. It does not wholly depend on no further death for the planet to have a new society of people. The planet will become a paradise soon after the beginning of Christ's Millennial Reign, and those that rebel will see their fate at the end of the thousand years. Death will not "remain a part of life" during those thousand years. Only after, and briefly
People in the millennium, other than those already risen from the dead, will all die.
Where do you get that idea from? Many wicked people will die at Armageddon, and then the rest of mankind will go on into the Millennial Reign. Those that were wicked will already have been destroyed. We have no reason to believe that Jesus will not immediately put into practice all of his merciful and advantageous-to-mankind's powers so that we can all start our way back to the perfection that humans had when God first created Adam. Returning to "flesh fresher than in youth" (Job 33:25) will be something we will see very soon after the beginning of Jesus' reign. No one need die, with the possible exception of someone who is resurrected from the dead and, after learning the truth about God, rejects it. The Millennium will be a wonderful time of life and happiness and joy.
The "wicked", "those who commit lawlessness", are "cast into the furnace of fire", which would be the "great tribulation",
The wicked are destroyed at Armageddon, as I explained previously. Then there is a period of a thousand years before the Devil and those who side with him are destroyed. (Revelation 20:7) The Great Tribulation is a period of undetermined length which happens before Armageddon, Armageddon being the culmination of God's battle with the wicked and the destruction of wicked people from this system of things. It is after the thousand years that the Devil and his supporters are symbolically cast into the lake of fire---complete obliteration.

We are waiting for the Great Tribulation to begin, when the nations are saying that we have "peace and security." (I Thessalonians 5:3) You see, from that scripture alone we can see that Armageddon comes after the Great Tribulation. Examine Matthew 24 and you will be able to see the signs of when the Great Tribulation will start, and it's before the destruction of the wicked of this world we live in now. Please check out Bible facts on www.jw.org.
We are now in what is called the "tribulation" (Matthew 24:4-14), when "false prophets will arise", along with famines, etc., in which many will die, which precedes the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:14-29), which happens after the "kingdom" has been preached "for a witness to all nations", and "immediately" before the "stars fall from the sky" and the "sign of the son of man will appear in the sky" (Matthew 24:29-30) . "Armageddon"/Har-Magedon, is when the nations will be gathered together, and you have a "great earthquake", "every island fled away", the mountains were not found", "huge hailstones.. came down from heaven upon men", and the "cities of the nations fell" (Revelation 16:16-21). This will affect all men, and if the time was not shortened, no man would survive, but for the "elect" it was shortened. (Matthew 24:22) This would parallel Daniel 2:45, when the nations, from the head of gold, to the feet of iron and clay, will be crushed, and parallels Joel 3:1-2, whereas all the nations will "enter into judgment" in the valley of judgment (Jehoshaphat). While the nations/Gentiles will be "crushed", apparently they will have survivors, who will confess that "our fathers taught us lies" (Jeremiah 16:19).

As for the "devil/Satan/the dragon, etc., he will be tossed into the pit/abyss for 1000 years by an "angel coming down from heaven" (Revelation 20:1-4), at the beginning of the millennium, to be released for a "short time" after the millennium.

As for "peace and security", the politicians say you have to buy it, while they say mayhem is actually peaceful protest, leading to "peace and security", and yet many people believe them. It is best they repent now, and produce good fruit, or be cut off and thrown into the "fire" (Matthew 3:10). The "Word of God", would be from the Spirit of God. It is best one does not "reject" the "Word of God"/Spirit of Go, in favor of the word of the false prophets and their minions.
I agree with everything you said there. You seem to be a bit confused as to what to believe. Are you just copying things from various sources? I notice that your other posts are inconsistent with this latest one.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #52

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:46 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:42 am
onewithhim wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:19 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:14 am
onewithhim wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:01 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:43 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:41 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:06 am
onewithhim wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:44 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #42]

Indeed, everything will be made new......new governmental arrangement, and a new society of people, people who are righteously inclined and will support Jehovah as the rightful Sovereign of the universe. That is what a "new heaven and a new earth" means. This will, as you say, be completed after the Millennial reign of Christ when there will be no more death.

New heavens = new government (under Christ Jesus)
New earth = new society of righteous people

Concerning the actual planet => "He has established the earth on its foundations; It will not be moved from its place forever and ever." (Psalm 104:5)

"He made his sanctuary as enduring as the heavens, Like the earth that he has established forever." (Psalm 78:69)

"The earth remains forever." (Ecclesiastes 1:4)

"The meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace....The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it." (Psalm 37:11,29)
The "LORD"/YHWY, the Lord God, will dwell within Israel, with "My servant David" as their king. (Ezekiel 37:24-28) with respect to the millennium, and as far as the post millennium status, there will be changes, as "I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea" (Revelation 21:1), and "the city (Jerusalem) has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine upon it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb." (Revelation 21:23). The millennium has David as their king/leader (Ezekiel 37:24 & Revelation 20:4 & Ezekiel 34:24), and it is not a new "heaven", and the righteous will rule with "Christ" (Revelation 20:4), and it will not be a new earth, for death will still remain a part of life, until after the millennium ends.
I'm not sure what all it is that you are differing with me about, but YHWH, Jehovah, will always be "with" his people, just as he has been in the past, even thousands of years ago (Isaiah 30:20,21; Jeremiah 14:9; Psalm 78:60; I Corinthians 14:25). Obviously he doesn't need to be literally on the planet to be "with" or "among" his people.

"My Servant David" actually refers to Jesus Christ, who takes the throne that David once occupied when David was representing Jehovah on the throne in Jerusalem. (Luke 1:32,33) Now it is Jesus who represents Jehovah on the throne which is now in heaven, associated with "the New Jerusalem." (Galatians 4:26; Revelation 3:12)

The "new earth" is made up of righteous humans who will love their God and Creator and his Son. It does not wholly depend on no further death for the planet to have a new society of people. The planet will become a paradise soon after the beginning of Christ's Millennial Reign, and those that rebel will see their fate at the end of the thousand years. Death will not "remain a part of life" during those thousand years. Only after, and briefly
People in the millennium, other than those already risen from the dead, will all die.
Where do you get that idea from? Many wicked people will die at Armageddon, and then the rest of mankind will go on into the Millennial Reign. Those that were wicked will already have been destroyed. We have no reason to believe that Jesus will not immediately put into practice all of his merciful and advantageous-to-mankind's powers so that we can all start our way back to the perfection that humans had when God first created Adam. Returning to "flesh fresher than in youth" (Job 33:25) will be something we will see very soon after the beginning of Jesus' reign. No one need die, with the possible exception of someone who is resurrected from the dead and, after learning the truth about God, rejects it. The Millennium will be a wonderful time of life and happiness and joy.
The "wicked", "those who commit lawlessness", are "cast into the furnace of fire", which would be the "great tribulation",
The wicked are destroyed at Armageddon, as I explained previously. Then there is a period of a thousand years before the Devil and those who side with him are destroyed. (Revelation 20:7) The Great Tribulation is a period of undetermined length which happens before Armageddon, Armageddon being the culmination of God's battle with the wicked and the destruction of wicked people from this system of things. It is after the thousand years that the Devil and his supporters are symbolically cast into the lake of fire---complete obliteration.

We are waiting for the Great Tribulation to begin, when the nations are saying that we have "peace and security." (I Thessalonians 5:3) You see, from that scripture alone we can see that Armageddon comes after the Great Tribulation. Examine Matthew 24 and you will be able to see the signs of when the Great Tribulation will start, and it's before the destruction of the wicked of this world we live in now. Please check out Bible facts on www.jw.org.
We are now in what is called the "tribulation" (Matthew 24:4-14), when "false prophets will arise", along with famines, etc., in which many will die, which precedes the "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:14-29), which happens after the "kingdom" has been preached "for a witness to all nations", and "immediately" before the "stars fall from the sky" and the "sign of the son of man will appear in the sky" (Matthew 24:29-30) . "Armageddon"/Har-Magedon, is when the nations will be gathered together, and you have a "great earthquake", "every island fled away", the mountains were not found", "huge hailstones.. came down from heaven upon men", and the "cities of the nations fell" (Revelation 16:16-21). This will affect all men, and if the time was not shortened, no man would survive, but for the "elect" it was shortened. (Matthew 24:22) This would parallel Daniel 2:45, when the nations, from the head of gold, to the feet of iron and clay, will be crushed, and parallels Joel 3:1-2, whereas all the nations will "enter into judgment" in the valley of judgment (Jehoshaphat). While the nations/Gentiles will be "crushed", apparently they will have survivors, who will confess that "our fathers taught us lies" (Jeremiah 16:19).

As for the "devil/Satan/the dragon, etc., he will be tossed into the pit/abyss for 1000 years by an "angel coming down from heaven" (Revelation 20:1-4), at the beginning of the millennium, to be released for a "short time" after the millennium.

As for "peace and security", the politicians say you have to buy it, while they say mayhem is actually peaceful protest, leading to "peace and security", and yet many people believe them. It is best they repent now, and produce good fruit, or be cut off and thrown into the "fire" (Matthew 3:10). The "Word of God", would be from the Spirit of God. It is best one does not "reject" the "Word of God"/Spirit of Go, in favor of the word of the false prophets and their minions.
I agree with everything you said there. You seem to be a bit confused as to what to believe. Are you just copying things from various sources? I notice that your other posts are inconsistent with this latest one.
Well, someone is surely confused/deceived (Revelation 13:14), and follows false prophets and their minions, along with the beast and the dragon which gives them support (Revelation 13:4 & 17:3). And the nations are not saying we have peace and security, it is the daughters of Babylon, which spread the falsehood that they are all saved and looking forward to a good life, whereas in truth, they are looking at drinking from the cup of the His anger (Revelation 14:10) because they in fact have the mark of the beast. The nations are saying that we are in turmoil, and you will have to join a one world government, and pay them for that honor, in order to achieve peace and security. It might help to straighten up things in your mind if you define wickedness, which according to Matthew 13, is equated to "those who commit lawlessness" (Matthew 13:41 & 49), which would be the followers of the false gospel of grace/cross, in which the "law" is nailed to the cross, and lawlessness prevails. It is those that reject the Spirit of God and his message, the Law and the prophets, in order to hang onto the false gospel of grace/lawlessness. For that sin, of rejecting the Spirit of God, I heard that there is a major problem. As for what I quote, I put it in parenthesis, and generally give the source. There is no inconsistency. Everyone will go through the great tribulation, and 144,000 sealed would be "of every tribe of the sons of Israel", which would preclude any Gentile JWs. And they would only be sealed from the "locusts" of Revelation 9:3, and apparently, no lie would be found on their tongues (Revelation 14:1-5). And for the next 1000 years, people would be born and die, except for those who died for the "testimony of Yeshua", and who did not receive the mark of the beast (Revelation 20:4), and the rest of dead did not come to life until the 1000 years was completed (Revelation 20:5). The head is the dragon (Revelation 13:4), the emperor/kings/leaders, such as the Roman emperors, are the political power base, and the supported, would be the Babylon the Great, the mother of whores, which would be according to Martin Luther, and his fellow revisionist, the Roman Catholic church, whose base is the false prophet Paul, and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17) Peter. Apparently, no one escapes death (Jeremiah 31:30), and specifically, those with the mark of the beast, will drink from the cup of God's wrath. As for what one can do, well Isaiah 26:20, tells you to go inside your room, and shut your door until the wrath of God has passed. What I say, is it better stout room, with a stout door, until the wrath has passed.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #53

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:26 am
Checkpoint wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:15 am [Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #25]

Checkpoint wrote: ↑Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:01 am
That is, will happen at the return of Christ, or 1000 years later?
The new heaven and new earth happen when Christ returns in Kingdom power. No one knows the day or the hour of this event but there is good reason to believe it will be very soon. Christ and his "new" governmental system will destroy the old powers that control the world at Harmageddon and thereafter rule for 1000 years (Eph 6:12)

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
.... that happening is after the 1000 years are completed(20:7), not at their commencement.

At Armageddon, all wicked humans will be killed off. Thus a new human society ("new earth") will come into order.

All human governments and the demonic powers behind them will also be destroyed and Jesus and his 144,000 governmental Ministers will be the only ruling power ("new heavens"). Satan however will not be destroyed at this time but cast into a deep abyss (condition of restriction) for the duration of the millenium 1000 years of Christs rule.

JW
Perhaps that is a good brief summary of your understanding (of the JW position) on these matters.

Maybe not so much on what Scripture actually says, or doesn't say.

Having said the new heaven and the new earth appear at the return of Jesus, you proceeded to claim it as if it is integral to the 1000 years.

It isn't.

The only verses that mention and describe a specific 1000 years,
are found in Revelation 20:1-6. Six verses.

None of which say anything at all about it being a new heaven and a new earth. Zilch. Because it isn't

We are told that, and told why, in the following 25 or so verses.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #54

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Checkpoint wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:43 pm

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES take a wholistic approach to scripture, meaning we look to every other verse in the bible understand any given verse. In short, our understanding comes from what the other 31, 096 verses say not just the 6 verses you seem to be depending on.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #55

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #52]

The 144,000 are spiritual Jews, not all fleshly Jews (though many of them are). Remember Paul said that the Jerusalem ABOVE is now our mother? (Galatians 4:25,26) God left the fleshly nation of Israel--they were not his chosen people any more--when they killed Jesus. The Christian congregation became His chosen people (I Peter 2:9,10), as we can see from Peter's letter to the congregations scattered around in Asia. So the 144,000 in Revelation are spiritual Jews from all nations. There are many things in Revelation that are symbolic, and Revelation 7:4-8 certainly is. The list doesn't even match the one in Numbers.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #56

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

onewithhim wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:11 pm [Replying to 2ndpillar2 in post #52]

The 144,000 are spiritual Jews, not all fleshly Jews (though many of them are). Remember Paul said that the Jerusalem ABOVE is now our mother? (Galatians 4:25,26) God left the fleshly nation of Israel--they were not his chosen people any more--when they killed Jesus. The Christian congregation became His chosen people (I Peter 2:9,10), as we can see from Peter's letter to the congregations scattered around in Asia. So the 144,000 in Revelation are spiritual Jews from all nations. There are many things in Revelation that are symbolic, and Revelation 7:4-8 certainly is. The list doesn't even match the one in Numbers.
You go ahead and tell yourself that while the sky falls (Revelation 16:21) with respect to "Armageddon". As for going to the false prophet Paul, for your accreditation, well that might not be a good idea. God may have crushed Judah and Ephraim/Israel per Hosea 5, but would "revive us after two days" (2000 years)(Hosea 6:2). Your "Christian" church is simply the church of the nations, or the adulteress of Hosea 3, bought for the equivalence of 30 shekels of silver, for many days, and after that time, "they (Israel) will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days. That is along with Ezekiel 37, and Joel 3:1, a physical restoration of Judah and Ephraim/Israel. As for quoting from Peter, the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:17, it might not be a good idea. 1 Peter 2:8-10 is referencing those who rule Jerusalem, who have made a "covenant with death", such as the "Christians" do with their false gospel of grace, which shall like a refuge of lies, be swept away (Isaiah 28:14-18). As for Jews, they currently represent one tribe, that being Judah, which encompasses Benjamin and Levi. Ephraim/the lost 10 tribes of Israel, are "scattered among the nations" (Ezekiel 36 & 37). Your church of the adulteress (Hosea 3), the church of the nations, will have to confess that their fathers only taught lies (Jeremiah 16:19), if they so happen to survive the wrath of God, the great tribulation, and grab onto the hem of a Jew, saying that God "is with you" (Zechariah 8:23). I think that by nailing the Word of God, the Spirit of God, to a cross, you have painted yourself into a very hazardous corner.

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #57

Post by Checkpoint »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:13 am
Checkpoint wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:43 pm
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES take a wholistic approach to scripture, meaning we look to every other verse in the bible understand any given verse. In short, our understanding comes from what the other 31, 096 verses say not just the 6 verses you seem to be depending on.

JW
Yes, I know.

I also see something of how much effect your understanding of those 31,096 verses (which do not state or imply "1000 years") has had on the six verses (which do specifically state "1000 years").

But be that as it may, I now move back a little, to the question I asked, and the answer you gave.
That is, will it happen at the return of Christ, or 1000 years later?
The new heaven and new earth happen when Christ returns in Kingdom power.
Your answer is in agreement with, and thus is supported by, what Jesus said in Matthew 24:35 onwards. And by what Peter wrote in 2 Peter 3.

However, it contradicts what John clearly states he saw, in Revelation 20:
7 When the thousand years were over, Satan was released from his prison

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and there was no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
What do you have to say about this apparent contradiction?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #58

Checkpoint wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:58 am
The new heaven and new earth happen when Christ returns in Kingdom power.
Your answer is in agreement with, and thus is supported by, what Jesus said in Matthew 24:35 onwards. And by what Peter wrote in 2 Peter 3.

When Jesus returns in Kingdom power he will kill off the wicked and destroy this old system of things completely.

FORMER (OLD) HEAVENS (DEMONIC RULERSHIP) AND EARTH (WICKED HUMAN SOCIETY ) UTTERLY DESTROYED AT HARMAGEDDON

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from His presence, and there was no place for them.
VERSE 11 EXPLAINED: As Peter explained, the old earth (wicked human society) and the old heavens (demonic lead rulership)will, be destroyed. Revelation 20 verse 11 is speaking of this event (compare Rev 20:1-4).

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO SATAN AT HARMAGEDDON?

Satan and his demons will battle with Jesus and his righteous forces but Satan will be completely defeated at this battle between good and evil. Satan however is NOT killed.

Notice he is NOT cast into "the lake of fire" (which symbolizes his complete destruction/ non-existence), the bible says Satan is cast into "a deep pit" (a prison) in which he will have no opportunity to harm anyone. He is put out of action but he is allowed to live on.

RELATED POSTS

What is Harmageddon? Q&A (Rev 16:16)
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 78#p917178
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #59

MILLENIUM RULE

With Satan out of the picture and corrupt human governments destroyed, righteous people will live in peaceful conditions under the King Jesus and his 144,000 co-rulers for 1000 years (millenium). Life under Jesus rulership will be good not bad, there will be no human suffering, no death, no pain or tears from anxiety or sorrow.

LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS PERIOD
viewtopic.php?p=904219#p904219

What will living conditions be like on this planet EARTH after Armageddon?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 44#p917144

During this time there is a GREAT RESURRECTION.

12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
What do you have to say about this apparent contradiction?
VERSE 12 EXPLAINED: Milions (perhaps billions) of people will be bought back to life to learn about the True God. If they choose to live by Gods standards they will be allowed to live on. This is why this same 1000 year period is also called judgement "day".

RELATED POSTS

Will there be a new earthly society or a new planet?
viewtopic.php?p=813703#p813703
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #60

THAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THATS GLORIOUS 1000 YEARS UNDER CHRIST IS OVER?

Satan, who was not killed at Harmageddon but "imprisoned" is RELEASED from captivity.
7 When the thousand years were over, Satan was released from his prison

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to

DANIEL'S PROPHECIES , THE GENTILE TIMES and ...THE BOOK OF REVELATION
*The Return of Christ