Important Information Lost? Withheld?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Important Information Lost? Withheld?

Post #1

Post by William »

If Christianity is so important to the world, there is no information given to us by any of the writers of the Christian Gospels which would add to their personal witness regarding the effects of living as Jesus had commanded them to live or the things promised them they would achieve, re their connection with The Father.
There are no known records of such writings in existence.

OPQFD: Why did those who wrote the Gospels not write about their own experiences of their lives, in their lifetimes?

The only thing we have is the history of Christianity, which in itself is not so much an account of connection with The Father, but rather of worshiping an image of The Son.

William
Savant

Re: Important Information Lost? Withheld?

Post #11

Post by William »

[Replying to 2timothy316 in post #10]

Without that, the bible as it is, remains as it is - a non-living document.
You're opinion is noted.
I accept your acquiesce is not useful for debating purposes.

{LINK}

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #12

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:04 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #10]

You're opinion is noted.

{LINK}
Neither are opinions. Your opinion of the Bible doesn't interest me and opinions are terrible debate topics.

I answered the question in the OP but I have nothing for your opinion on the Bible.

William
Savant

Post #13

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:12 pm

You're opinion is noted.

{LINK}
Neither are opinions. Your opinion of the Bible doesn't interest me and opinions are terrible debate topics.

I answered the question in the OP but I have nothing for your opinion on the Bible.
So if I started a thread and call it "Can the bible be considered a Living Document" you are saying that you would not contribute anything to that thread because it is based upon 'opinion'?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #14

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:17 pm

You're opinion is noted.

{LINK}

So if I started a thread and call it "Can the bible be considered a Living Document" you are saying that you would not contribute anything to that thread because it is based upon 'opinion'?
Sounds like a debate for the C&A forum where the rules don''t include the Bible as an authoritative reference. Where you could express your opinions without need for a reference to your heart's content. Which I would avoid such a debate. Here in the TDD forum where the Bible is higher than opinion, your question would be answer with one scripture. Hebrews 4:12

William
Savant

Post #15

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:03 am
William wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:17 pm

You're opinion is noted.

{LINK}

Sounds like a debate for the C&A forum where the rules don''t include the Bible as an authoritative reference. Where you could express your opinions without need for a reference to your heart's content. Which I would avoid such a debate. Here in the TDD forum where the Bible is higher than opinion, your question would be answer with one scripture. Hebrews 4:12
I think you - along with other Christians of every denomination, are misunderstanding the purpose of the authoritative reference to somehow represent your ability to have one hand in both pockets...[IOW]

I don't personally subscribe to such play as I deem it too much in the 'Skullduggery' section, but each to their own re such choices.

AS to;

Hebrews Script
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Plainly that is not claiming the bible is the Word Of God [WOG] so is not evidence which can be used to support the argument that the bible is a Living Document.

It is not a living document. IT has not been a living document since the day it was official sealed and given the title of the WOG.

And no book is that 'living' the it can discern the thoughts and intents of a human being.

The claim, quite frankly - appears ridiculous.

Yet - I am open to hearing your arguments and seeing your supporting evidence that the bible can do these things.

Meantime, I will assume that the Hebrews author was referring to something else entirely.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #16

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:57 pm
I think you - along with other Christians of every denomination, are misunderstanding the purpose of the authoritative reference to somehow represent your ability to have one hand in both pockets...[IOW]
Your opinion of me, other Christians is your own business and not up for debate.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #17

Post by 2timothy316 »

AS to;

Hebrews Script
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Plainly that is not claiming the bible is the Word Of God [WOG] so is not evidence which can be used to support the argument that the bible is a Living Document.

It is not a living document. IT has not been a living document since the day it was official sealed and given the title of the WOG.

And no book is that 'living' the it can discern the thoughts and intents of a human being.

Yet - I am open to hearing your arguments and seeing your supporting evidence that the bible can do these things.

Meantime, I will assume that the Hebrews author was referring to something else entirely.
Do you have something more than just your opinion to prove your claim that Hebrews 4:12 isn't true? What references do you have to support your claim? You just saying so isn't enough.

William
Savant

Post #18

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:21 pm
AS to;

Hebrews Script

Do you have something more than just your opinion to prove your claim that Hebrews 4:12 isn't true? What references do you have to support your claim? You just saying so isn't enough.
I am not arguing that that The Hebrews Author is telling lies. My argument is that the author isn't talking about the bible. Christians are claiming that it is speaking of the bible.

Talking about legends myths and swords, I found this interesting;

Archaeologists found the true Excalibur sword stuck in a stone in a Bosnian river

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #19

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:31 pm
AS to;

Hebrews Script

I am not arguing that that The Hebrews Author is telling lies. My argument is that the author isn't talking about the bible. Christians are claiming that it is speaking of the bible.

Archaeologists found the true Excalibur sword stuck in a stone in a Bosnian river
Well, I have no idea what else Paul would be talking about. In my life I have examined many books and people that claim they can do what Heb 4:12 is talking about. The Bible is the only one that I have studied and implemented in my life that has met what Heb 4:12 says. Just mentioning the Bible to many on this forum and I can discern the thoughts and intentions of people the by way they reply to post that have scripture in them.
Yet what it does even better is expose MY thoughts and intentions to myself.

William
Savant

Post #20

Post by William »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:01 pm
William wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:31 pm
AS to;

Hebrews Script

Well, I have no idea what else Paul would be talking about. In my life I have examined many books and people that claim they can do what Heb 4:12 is talking about. The Bible is the only one that I have studied and implemented in my life that has met what Heb 4:12 says. Just mentioning the Bible to many on this forum and I can discern the thoughts and intentions of people the by way they reply to post that have scripture in them.
Well, I have no idea what else Paul would be talking about.
That much is obvious. Even so, that is no rational reason as to why you or any other Christian would claim that he is talking about the bible.
In my life I have examined many books and people that claim they can do what Heb 4:12 is talking about.
It doesn't matter because there is no way any book CAN do what the author of Hebrews is claiming, so the author MUST be talking about something else.
he Bible is the only one that I have studied and implemented in my life that has met what Heb 4:12 says.
There is absolutely no way anyone could provide evidence to support the claim that the bible or any other book is alive and can therefore discern the thoughts and feelings etc of a Human Being.
Just mentioning the Bible to many on this forum and I can discern the thoughts and intentions of people the by way they reply to post that have scripture in them.
That is you doing the discerning, not the bible. Even in that, it has never been established that your discernment abilities are capable of making the correct assessments, so as an argument, it has little to no actual value. AS an opinion, even less.