Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Brother. Where art thou?

Post #1

Post by William »

Matt's Gospel
Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

and;

Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Recently I had the misfortune of being accused of offending someone and someone else reported my offence to the authorities and without any further ado, I was penalized for it.

I cannot reveal the details of the case as it is soon to be under review [once I have finished documenting the details, and delivering these to the lawyers involved], but it got me to thinking about the alleged offence and the fact that I was not consulted because the evidence was accepted by the authority which received the complaint, as enough to warrant my being penalized.

Thus I simply had to pay the penalty [it was published and I first heard about it through the public domain] and now am lodging an appeal against the decision.

I have not been informed as to the identity of the complainant.

Based on the information re this situation and in relation to the script from Matts gospel;

QFD: Is it safe for me to assume, that it would not have been a Christian who lodged the complaint against me?

William
Savant

Re: Brother. Where art thou?

Post #41

Post by William »

[Replying to 2timothy316 in post #40]
It seems you want to be treated like a Christian though you are not.
No.

What I want to be treated with is fairness and honesty, [in truth] regardless of what others call themselves.

One could expect to be treated with fairness and honesty [in truth] if the folks doing so called themselves Christians, but experience has shown me there is no point in expecting such, regardless that Jehovah can move the needles of justice in my favor in all cases.

He would have to do this without expecting Christians to assist him in doing so.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #42

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 pm [Replying to 2timothy316 in post #40]
It seems you want to be treated like a Christian though you are not.
No.

What I want to be treated with is fairness and honesty, [in truth] regardless of what others call themselves.
That is happening less and less these days.
One could expect to be treated with fairness and honesty [in truth] if the folks doing so called themselves Christians, but experience has shown me there is no point in expecting such, regardless that Jehovah can move the needles of justice in my favor in all cases.

He would have to do this without expecting Christians to assist him in doing so.
Jehovah doesn't need assistance. Even if one trying to be a true Christian was to make a mistake, I can rely on Jehovah to always make the correct judgement. I rely on Him to correct all matters.

William
Savant

Post #43

Post by William »

[Replying to William in post #41]
Jehovah doesn't need assistance. Even if one trying to be a true Christian was to make a mistake, I can rely on Jehovah to always make the correct judgement. I rely on Him to correct all matters.
The thing is of course, that 'all matters' in regard to human beings interreacting with humans beings, to say that יהוה 'doesn't need assistance' implies he sorts it out without human involvement at all.

So in what way can you rely on Justice coming your way without involving humans?

The very idea that יהוה doesn't need assistance flies in the face of all the biblical stories told. Surely you are misrepresenting יהוה in that regard.

When you say that you rely on יהוה to correct all matters, what exactly are you saying, and how does this tie in with the OP topic and QFD?

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #44

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:55 pm

The very idea that יהוה doesn't need assistance flies in the face of all the biblical stories told. Surely you are misrepresenting יהוה in that regard.
There are no biblical stories where God has "needed assistance" he needs noone to accomplis his purpose.

The fact that He has condesended to allow humans to play a part therein does not equates to his being unable to achieved what he wants without them. The bible repeatedly refers to Jehovah as the Almighty, so logically being all powerful an omnipotent God has no need of extra input to do what he wants. If Jehovah delegates its an expression of his love and mercy as the righteous view it as a privilege to be used by God.

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #45

Post by William »

[Replying to JehovahsWitness in post #44]
Showing an attitude of patronizing superiority [link]

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #46

Post by 2timothy316 »

William wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:55 pm [Replying to William in post #41]
The thing is of course, that 'all matters' in regard to human beings interreacting with humans beings, to say that יהוה 'doesn't need assistance' implies he sorts it out without human involvement at all.

So in what way can you rely on Justice coming your way without involving humans?

"The God who made the world and all the things in it, being, as he is, Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in handmade temples; nor is he served by human hands as if he needed anything." - Acts 17:24, 25
That scripture is clear, Jehovah doesn't need anything from us.
When you say that you rely on יהוה to correct all matters, what exactly are you saying, and how does this tie in with the OP topic and QFD?

That while you are hoping one calling themselves a Christian will do the right thing and I hope those that I think are true Christians will do the right thing, they are human. There is always the chance they will not apply Bible principle. This is why I do not rely people but on Jehovah in situations that are not in my control. (Ps 55:22) This legal matter you're in, if 100% of your hope is expecting people to do the right thing. your hope is misplaced. I on the other hand fully trust Jehovah will make things right if I am in the right. Yet, if I am in the wrong, then I expect discipline to the proper degree. (Jer 30:11)

William
Savant

Post #47

Post by William »