Why Was Satan . . .

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Why Was Satan . . .

Post #1

Post by Miles »

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

............................. Image

Couldn't god have done it without Satan's help?

Miles
Savant

Re: Why Was Satan . . .

Post #51

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:51 pm
Miles wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:17 pm
onewithhim wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:11 am [Replying to Miles in post #46]

Yes, all of God's intelligent creatures were given the ability to tempt and be tempted.....otherwise they would all be automatons. Each individual can CHOOSE to go against what is right or to remain faithful. End of story.
Doesn't make sense why they would be automatons just because they weren't given the ability to tempt and be tempted. Are tempting and being tempted the be-all and end-all to avoid being an automaton?

You know that they're not, of course. Why split hairs?
Because they're more than hairs, especially when the statement is emphasized with bolding.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #52

Post by Revelations won »

Dear onewithhim,

I quote your post as follows:

"Re: Why Was Satan . . .
Report Reply Quote Thanks Post #6
Post by myth-one.com » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am

Miles wrote: ↑Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:29 pm
Why was Satan given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

Satan was given power over the earth long before the creation of man:

In the book of Luke, when Satan tempted Jesus for forty days in the desert, Satan offered Jesus power over all the kingdoms of the earth:
Luke 4:5-7 wrote:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased.

My response to your position: Its appears the you claim that Satan has "authority over the earth". If this were the case just who gave him "authority over the earth? Can you produce the scripture which so state this?
If he really had the authority as you claim, then, who gave him this authority? Or in reality, does he falsely claim to have this authority? Is he really the god of this earth as he claims or is this just another one of his lies?

So Adam and Eve were created in a locale (the earth) which was already ruled by Satan.

My response: Can you clearly show that Adam and Eve were created on this earth as you assert? God looked on all his creations and saw that they were good. The man and the woman were at some point placed in the Garden of Eden which the Lord created. All of the trees in the garden were very good. Wherein do you have scriptural proof that the Lords garden was ruled by Satan? The garden of Eden was the Lord's garden, not Lucifer's. The garden was the Lord's and He alone has ALL POWER. Therefore your claim that Satan ruled over God's creations is giving heed to his false claims to asserting rule over the earth.Satan CREATED NOTHING and you are are accepting his lying false claims that he somehow has power and rule upon this earth. He has no legal power, claim or authority except as falsely claimed by him.

The real fact is that if Christ had failed in his mission and allowed himself to be decieved by Satan and worshipped Satan, he would have failed in his divine foreordained mission as Savior of all mankind. There would therefore been no atonement for sin and all mankind would have be lost with no chance for salvation and exaltation.

Satan is against God's plan to oust him from power, thus Satan sabotages it by getting Adam and Eve to disobey God's commands as he did.

My response:
It is very clear that the choice made in the garden by Adam and Eve has NEVER denied salvation and exaltation to them or any of their posterity to this very day, for by the mighty atonement of Jesus the Christ ALL mankind may be saved in the kingdom of God. Christ truly provided the means whereby any and all effects of the "fall" can be overcome! Because of his atonement, all mankind now has the gift of agency and can use that God given power to receive salvation.

Best regards,
RW

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #53

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:29 pm .

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

The heavens and the earth were created per the law of opposition. No light without darkness, no good without evil, no sweet without bitter, no force without an equal and opposite force. The coming "new creation" will be different, in as the devil will be thrown out, and the winners, those who overcame the darkness, will be living under a new paradigm. To have winners, there first must be a competition. Today's world may disagree, and give everyone a passing grade, and wind up with a bunch of losers running their schools and Administration. Fortunately, the Progressives are similar to headhunters, and will eat themselves out of leadership.

Miles
Savant

Post #54

Post by Miles »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:17 pm

The heavens and the earth were created per the law of opposition. No light without darkness, no good without evil, no sweet without bitter, no force without an equal and opposite force.
A "law" you say. Hmmm, I don't recall any law with such universal application. Not that many conditions don't have an opposite, but a "law"? Nah.

The coming "new creation" will be different, in as the devil will be thrown out, and the winners, those who overcame the darkness, will be living under a new paradigm.
Source please, like chapter and verse, Bible wise.

To have winners, there first must be a competition. Today's world may disagree, and give everyone a passing grade, and wind up with a bunch of losers running their schools and Administration. Fortunately, the Progressives are similar to headhunters, and will eat themselves out of leadership.
I assume these Progressives you speak of are those now in power: Vladimir Putin, Joe Biden, Boris Johnson, Xi Jinping, Jean Castex, Moon Jae-in, Fumio Kishida, Ebrahim Raisi, Naftali Bennett, Kim Jong-un etc. etc. Or do you have some particular Progressive in mind? BTW, from where you sit, just what is a Progressive?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #55

Post by onewithhim »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:43 am Dear onewithhim,

I quote your post as follows:

"Re: Why Was Satan . . .
Report Reply Quote Thanks Post #6
Post by myth-one.com » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am

Miles wrote: ↑Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:29 pm
Why was Satan given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

Satan was given power over the earth long before the creation of man:

In the book of Luke, when Satan tempted Jesus for forty days in the desert, Satan offered Jesus power over all the kingdoms of the earth:
Luke 4:5-7 wrote:

And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased.

My response to your position: Its appears the you claim that Satan has "authority over the earth". If this were the case just who gave him "authority over the earth? Can you produce the scripture which so state this?
If he really had the authority as you claim, then, who gave him this authority? Or in reality, does he falsely claim to have this authority? Is he really the god of this earth as he claims or is this just another one of his lies?
Jehovah gave Satan authority over the earth. (Job 1:9-12; Job 2:4-7) Satan was not lying when he said this to Jesus (after showing him all the kingdoms of the earth in an instant):

"I will give you all this authority and their glory, because it has been handed over to me, and I give it to whomever I wish." (Luke 4:6)

Later Jesus called Satan the ruler of this world (John 14:30) and the Apostle Paul said so as well (2 Corinthians 4:4).

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #56

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:39 pm

The heavens and the earth were created per the law of opposition. No light without darkness, no good without evil, no sweet without bitter, no force without an equal and opposite force.
A "law" you say. Hmmm, I don't recall any law with such universal application. Not that many conditions don't have an opposite, but a "law"? Nah.

The coming "new creation" will be different, in as the devil will be thrown out, and the winners, those who overcame the darkness, will be living under a new paradigm.

To have winners, there first must be a competition. Today's world may disagree, and give everyone a passing grade, and wind up with a bunch of losers running their schools and Administration. Fortunately, the Progressives are similar to headhunters, and will eat themselves out of leadership.
I assume these Progressives you speak of are those now in power: Vladimir Putin, Joe Biden, Boris Johnson, Xi Jinping, Jean Castex, Moon Jae-in, Fumio Kishida, Ebrahim Raisi, Naftali Bennett, Kim Jong-un etc. etc. Or do you have some particular Progressive in mind? BTW, from where you sit, just what is a Progressive?

Newton's Third Law of Motion states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Progressives, such as Biden's crew, would be those who make false and misleading statements, and have no underlying knowledge of the laws of nature. As for the new order, the devil will be locked in the abyss for 1000 years (Revelation 20:2). A Progressive would be one who touts knowledge of the bible, yet apparently doesn't know what it says, and turns around and makes their own laws. Apparently, the Progressives are funded by the likes of Bill Gates, and Soros, who get Progressive prosecutors elected, spend around 700 million on the WHO per year, to gain influence, support the "Great Reset", and spend large amounts of money on rigging elections, and then crying Russian influence, when they (Hilary) are the ones who paid for Russian influence, and get a short-term return on their investments. If you see a he/she Karen on the media, they will no doubt be Progressive, and as with the likes of Pelosi, will have alcohol on their breath, or under the influence, or helping the peddling of drugs through their policies. As the bible states, beer/drink is for the perishing. Their father, would be the father of lies, the devil. As for their prognosis, apparently, according to Matthew 13:30, they will be the "first" to be "gathered" and thrown into the fire. Their "hell" is their life on earth, and their second "hell"/the pit/the grave, is around the corner. I hope that answers your questions.

Proverbs 31:6 6Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish!

Miles
Savant

Post #57

Post by Miles »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:36 am

Newton's Third Law of Motion states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
And this is suppose to give credence to your law of universal opposition? That without squares there would be no circles? Get real.
Progressives, such as Biden's crew, would be those who make false and misleading statements, and have no underlying knowledge of the laws of nature.
I assume then that you bought into Trump's false and misleading statements that he created out of whole cloth, such as on Friday, February 7, and Wednesday, February 19 of 2020 when he said:

"The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

And

February 27, 2020
"The outbreak would be temporary: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

And

Multiple times, 2020
"Children are “virtually immune” to COVID-19".

And

April 23,2020
"medical experts should research the use of powerful light and injected disinfectants to treat COVID-19."

And

Friday, May, 2020
"The coronavirus is 'going to go away without a vaccine ….' ”

And

Multiple times, 2020
"Taking hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 is safe and effective."
source

As for the new order, the devil will be locked in the abyss for 1000 years (Revelation 20:2).
Let's see. Revelation was written sometime around 95-96 CE. which means that the devil has been running free for about 926 years. Hope you keep your doors locked at night. ;)

A Progressive would be one who touts knowledge of the bible, yet apparently doesn't know what it says, and turns around and makes their own laws.
Which, I assume, is everyone who doesn't abide by your denomination's theology.

Proverbs 31:6 6Let beer be for those who are perishing, wine for those who are in anguish!
Interesting, but out of the 54 Bibles I checked, only 22% use the word "beer." By far the most popular term is "Strong drink" with 63%. Here's how the eight different terms break down.

"Strong drink"........34

"beer"....................12

Strong liquor"...........1

"beer and wine"........2

"alcohol"..................2

"Hard liquor"............1

"intoxicating drink"...1

"cider" ....................1

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #58

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:46 pm

Newton's Third Law of Motion states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
And this is suppose to give credence to your law of universal opposition? That without squares there would be no circles? Get real.
Progressives, such as Biden's crew, would be those who make false and misleading statements, and have no underlying knowledge of the laws of nature.
I assume then that you bought into Trump's false and misleading statements that he created out of whole cloth, such as on Friday, February 7, and Wednesday, February 19 of 2020 when he said:

"The coronavirus would weaken “when we get into April, in the warmer weather—that has a very negative effect on that, and that type of a virus.”

And

February 27, 2020
"The outbreak would be temporary: “It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle—it will disappear.”

And

Multiple times, 2020

And

April 23,2020
"medical experts should research the use of powerful light and injected disinfectants to treat COVID-19."

And

Friday, May, 2020

And

Multiple times, 2020
source

As for the new order, the devil will be locked in the abyss for 1000 years (Revelation 20:2).
Let's see. Revelation was written sometime around 95-96 CE. which means that the devil has been running free for about 926 years. Hope you keep your doors locked at night. ;)

A Progressive would be one who touts knowledge of the bible, yet apparently doesn't know what it says, and turns around and makes their own laws.

Interesting, but out of the 54 Bibles I checked, only 22% use the word "beer." By far the most popular term is "Strong drink" with 63%. Here's how the eight different terms break down.

"Strong drink"........34

"beer and wine"........2

"intoxicating drink"...1

Well, I don't know. You seem to have selective memory. I remember the Progressives, in the form of Biden, Harris, and Fauci saying if you get vaccinated you would not get covid, or transmit it, or die. None of that appears to be true, but healthy children are generally not affected, except when they are vaccinated, and risk a stroke and lowered immunity response. A study by the people who do autopsies, noted that 65% of the dead, who had received the vaccination, had strange white fibrous blocks in their blood. The approval for the vaccine is on continuing 30-day emergency standings. It has not been thoroughly approved. When people with lowered immune response, due to multiple vaccinations, start dying, the FDA can say they never fully approved of the vaccine. According to the government's own report, based on volunteered information, there have been around 23,000 deaths related to the vaccine. According to other studies, which did not depend on volunteered information, it is as high as 300,000 vaccination deaths. https://openvaers.com/ The abortion pushing Progressives, may die off due to unwise decisions with regards to killing children, and in the end choosing paths which ultimately lead to their own deaths. They may not have any children to bury them, and the Progressive government may be broke because of their spending policies. I guess that is when the carrion take over control of the situation.

Miles
Savant

Post #59

Post by Miles »

2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:55 pm

And

February 27, 2020

And

Multiple times, 2020

And

April 23,2020

And

Friday, May, 2020

And

Multiple times, 2020
source

"Strong drink"........34

"beer and wine"........2

"intoxicating drink"...1

Well, I don't know. You seem to have selective memory. I remember the Progressives, in the form of Biden, Harris, and Fauci saying if you get vaccinated you would not get covid, or transmit it, or die.
Then your memory is doing you a disservice because none of the three would ever say such a thing. Of course, if you believe you have proof that any of them did then please present it, otherwise I'll consider your accusation a lie. .........Ball's in your court.

2ndpillar2
Sage

Post #60

Post by 2ndpillar2 »

Miles wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:13 pm
2ndpillar2 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:55 pm

And

February 27, 2020

And

Multiple times, 2020

And

April 23,2020

And

Friday, May, 2020

And

Multiple times, 2020
source

"Strong drink"........34

"beer and wine"........2

"intoxicating drink"...1

Well, I don't know. You seem to have selective memory. I remember the Progressives, in the form of Biden, Harris, and Fauci saying if you get vaccinated you would not get covid, or transmit it, or die.
Then your memory is doing you a disservice because none of the three would ever say such a thing. Of course, if you believe you have proof that any of them did then please present it, otherwise I'll consider your accusation a lie. .........Ball's in your court.

According to the left-wing MSN, Biden said that if you get the vaccine, you will not get covid. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AART6wH The Progressive's pushed the Russia collusion story, which is falling on Hillary's head as we speak. The Progressive's said the Biden laptop story was Russian disinformation, but now it is coming out that the Biden laptop was real, and all disinformation came from the Democratic committee, which was financed and run by Hillary. I don't expect the Progressives to kneel and say Mea Copa, but at least they could be like Trudeau, and go hide in a basement. You must be one of the baker's dozen who still listens to what is left of CNN. Although one CNN medical analyst did say the cloth masks were worthless with regards to covid. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022 ... e-fashion/