Why Was Satan . . .

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Why Was Satan . . .

Post #1

Post by Miles »

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

............................. Image

Couldn't god have done it without Satan's help?

Savant

Re: Why Was Satan . . .

Post #2

Post by 1213 »

Miles wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:29 pm .

. . . given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?
I believe it is because in the end, it is humans own choice. People don't have anyone else to blame than themselves for their own choices. Stop being gullible, think for yourself what is good and right.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #3

Post by Revelations won »

Hi Miles,

You have asked a very great question. The scope of this question cannot be fully understood until we view all the why’s and purposes of God’s use of Satan.

We should all be aware that there was war in heaven and a third part of the spirits in heaven chose to follow their rebellious leader Satan (Lucifer). They were all cast out of heaven and sent down to this earth.

God could have banished them to any one of billions of earths. Why in the world would he choose to send them to this earth whereon we dwell and allow him to tempt all mankind?

Since according to scripture Satan is clearly “the enemy of all righteousness”. Does this make any sense?

God surely wants all mankind to be righteous and be saved, so why did our all wise and all knowing God allow such a condition to exist?

We are also shown in scripture that during the Millennium that Satan will be bound for a thousand years and not be able to tempt man.

So why would an all powerful God loose Satan at the end of the Millennium for a season to further tempt man?

What does God who is the all wise father of the spirits of all mankind accomplish with his plan to allow us to be tempted by Satan?

After all, just think of all the misery and suffering that could have been avoided if Satan and all his hosts were banished to some other planet at the far side of this galaxy.

Are God’s ways higher than our ways? Is his plan for us really for our best development and good? Is there some better or easier way for us to gain salvation and return to his presence?

Best regards,
RW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #4

Post by JehovahsWitness »

DID GOD COMMISSION SATAN TO TEMPT HUMANS?

Satan wasn't "given power to temps man" as in, comissioned by God to temps humans, Satan made that decision himself. God simply didn't kill him (Satan) once he (Satan) had gone ahead and acted on his decision.

RELATED POSTS

Did God create the devil?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 15#p835715

Isn't God ultimately responsible for evil since it was He who created intelligent beings?
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 75#p840875

Why didn't God destroy Satan immediately?
viewtopic.php?p=845975#p845975

Why did God allow Satan into the Garden of Eden?
viewtopic.php?p=908723#p908723
To learn more please go to other posts related to...

SATAN THE DEVIL, THE ORIGINAL SIN and ... RESPONSIBILITY
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to Miles in post #1]

The notion of God and Satan as primordial powers solves this.

To think that God somehow is evil as well is very dangerous and invites us to be evil ourselves, never being able to love God of all our heart. Heaven becomes denied us forever.

It says in the Bible that God is only light, that there is no darkness in God. God is wholly good! :thanks:
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #6

Post by myth-one.com »

Why was Satan given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

Satan was given power over the earth long before the creation of man:

In the book of Luke, when Satan tempted Jesus for forty days in the desert, Satan offered Jesus power over all the kingdoms of the earth:

Luke 4:5-7 wrote:
And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whosoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Notice that Jesus did not question the devil's authority to give him power over the earth. He knew that Satan did indeed have control over the earth and could give or share this power with whomever he pleased.

So Adam and Eve were created in a locale (the earth) which was already ruled by Satan.

Satan is against God's plan to oust him from power, thus Satan sabotages it by getting Adam and Eve to disobey God's commands as he did.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #7

Post by JehovahsWitness »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am

How do you know this happened before the creation of man and not after?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Miles
Savant

Post #8

Post by Miles »

1213 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:33 am

I believe it is because in the end, it is humans own choice. People don't have anyone else to blame than themselves for their own choices.
Talking about Satan here, not choice. Please reread.

Stop being gullible, think for yourself what is good and right.
Never said a thing about good and right. Is it possible you have me mixed up with someone else here? Oops, of course not because you're the first to respond. So where does this "good and right" thing come from? Better yet, just stick to the subject.

Miles
Savant

Post #9

Post by Miles »

Aetixintro wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:45 am [Replying to Miles in post #1]

The notion of God and Satan as primordial powers solves this.

To think that God somehow is evil as well is very dangerous and invites us to be evil ourselves, never being able to love God of all our heart. Heaven becomes denied us forever.

It says in the Bible that God is only light, that there is no darkness in God. God is wholly good! :thanks:
The Bible also has god saying he creates evil

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Miles
Savant

Post #10

Post by Miles »

myth-one.com wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am
Why was Satan given power to tempt man, thus leading man into sin and eventually causing him to go to hell?

Which can be found in what chapter and verse(s)?