Is Christ the Savior of All Mankind?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

Is Christ the Savior of All Mankind?

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

Perhaps another way of asking this question is, does the mighty atonement of Jesus the Christ available to ALL of God’s children?

If not what are the exemptions if any?

Are there any that have lived in mortality that are beyond the scope of repentance?

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Re: Is Christ the Savior of All Mankind?

Post #2

Post by Veridican »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:47 am Perhaps another way of asking this question is, does the mighty atonement of Jesus the Christ available to ALL of God’s children?

Are there any that have lived in mortality that are beyond the scope of repentance?
In the Veridican religion, we believe strongly in the concept of being "elect." Jesus didn't die for the unelect. He died for the elect. He said it was a mystery how one becomes born again. Nevertheless, unless you are born of spirit you perish, and that means Christ's atonement wasn't for you. So, the backstage machinations that God works in order to elect someone and not someone else, I dont' know or understand. But God has his elect, and that's who Christ came to save.

Here are some support verses, if you're interested:

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. (John 3:8)

You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. (John 15:16)

And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Matt 24:31)

No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. (John 6:44)
All for Christ and only for Christ! :wave:

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #3

Post by myth-one.com »

Revelations won wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:47 am Perhaps another way of asking this question is, does the mighty atonement of Jesus the Christ available to ALL of God’s children?

Under the New Testament covenant, all sin is pardonable with the exception of one! That one unpardonable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost:

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matthew 12:31-32)

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. (Luke 12:10)

Blasphemy is defined in The Random House College Dictionary as: The crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God.

Assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God is exactly what Satan did when he rebelled against God:
Isaiah 14:12-14 wrote:How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!... For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God... I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
It is also the sin Satan wants us to commit by believing the lie; "Ye shall not surely die." By believing this lie, we assume the one quality of God which we lack, that of eternal life.

Revelations won
Sage

Post #4

Post by Revelations won »

Dear myrh-one.com,

I agree with what you quoted from scripture relating to the one unforgivable sin i.e.: "Under the New Testament covenant, all sin is pardonable with the exception of one! That one unpardonable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Ghost:

Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (Matthew 12:31-32)

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven. (Luke 12:10)"

Thank you for your response.

Kind regards,
RW

onewithhim
Savant

Post #5

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #1]
Yes, the atonement is available to all of God's children. All they have to do is accept what Jesus did for them and then follow in His footsteps to the best of their ability. Those two things have to go together. One can't just say they accept Jesus and then carry on whichever way they want to.

"In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you, leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely." (I Peter 2:21)

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #6

Post by Brightfame52 »

Christ came to save not all mankind, but His People out of mankind Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

All mankind is not His People !

Miles
Savant

Post #7

Post by Miles »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:57 pm Christ came to save not all mankind, but His People out of mankind Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Yeah, Too bad all those ignorant of his special powers, and those who, through no fault of their own, remain unconvinced of his story will be left to burn in hell for all eternity.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #8

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:57 pm Christ came to save not all mankind, but His People out of mankind Matt 1:21

All of those who follow him are his people. Peter wrote to the Gentiles in the near East, who accepted Jesus and had formed congregations to worship Jehovah through Christ:

"YOU are 'a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession.'...For you were once not a people, but now you are God's people..." (I Peter 2:9,10)

So all people who accept the truth about Jesus and his Father, and proceed to follow Jesus, are in line to be saved by him. He came to save all mankind, but some out of mankind will not accept his sacrifice. Those will not ultimately be saved.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #9

Post by onewithhim »

Miles wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:55 pm

Yeah, Too bad all those ignorant of his special powers, and those who, through no fault of their own, remain unconvinced of his story will be left to burn in hell for all eternity.

There is no fiery hell. Anyway, only those who, with knowledge, adamantly refuse to side with Jehovah and His Son, will be obliterated. No one who is ignorant of the truth will be annihilated. Everyone will have the opportunity to learn the truth, especially in the new system of things (Paradise on Earth).

Miles
Savant

Post #10

Post by Miles »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:20 pm
Miles wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:55 pm

There is no fiery hell.
Matthew 5:22
but I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 18:9

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Matthew 25:41

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Luke 16:24
He called out, ‘Father Avraham, take pity on me, and send El‘azar just to dip the tip of his finger in water to cool my tongue, because I’m in agony in this fire!’

Mark 9:43
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

Anyway, only those who, with knowledge, adamantly refuse to side with Jehovah and His Son, will be obliterated.
Why? Ever run into an incompetent preacher who could no more convince a thinking mind that Jesus would save them, then they could convince someone standing in rush-hour traffic that they could get hit? I have, and twice no less. So whose fault would it be when exposed to the "truth" a person remained unconvinced of it? The preacher or the guy in the front row who simply didn't get it? Think preachers are infallible? It's the preacher's job to convince his audience, and when he fails it's his fault, not the poor schmo who came to listen, but left shaking his head.

No one who is ignorant of the truth will be annihilated. Everyone will have the opportunity to learn the truth, especially in the new system of things (Paradise on Earth).
Hold on a minute, Brightframe52 just got done saying "21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.
All mankind is not His People
! " In effect then, many, many people simply aren't going to be saved.

So how do the ignorant qualify as "His People"? If they truly qualify then one is far better off having never heard of Jesus and his magic tricks, than hearing about them, remain unconvinced, and winding up in the furnace.