JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Revelations won
Sage

JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Post #1

Post by Revelations won »

What was the date of this claim of the Kingdom of God restored in 1914?

What did God do to set up the Kingdom of Heaven?

Is there any record of what he said to accomplish this great event?

Did the JW's originally claim that Christ would come on the date they claimed?

Let us hear your clear answers to the above questions.

Kind regards,
RW

Avoice
Guru

Re: JW's claim of Kingdom of God establish in 1914?

Post #91

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #88]

Tabernacle in heaven? Apparently you didn't read Ezekiel. "....Land that I have given unto Jacob my Servant...". Jacob of course is Israel.

Spiritual nation? No where in the Hebrew Scriptures does it say such a thing. The church has tried to manipulate the Hebrew bible message. Many are their victims. Do you allow the Mormon bible to interpret the New Testament?
It would seem that you allow others to add on whatever doctrine they want to push. Ignoring what the new testament message really says. How can you allow that?

""And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince FOR EVER.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #92

Post by onewithhim »

Avoice wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:24 pm Peter said? What gives him any authority?

That's the problem. You read the Hebrew Scriptures with a different lens. Through the Christian Testament.

Since you read the Hebrew Scriptures through the lens of the New Testament do you read the Christian Testament through the lens of the Mormon Church bible? If not, why not? It claims to be a continuation of Christianity.

I await your answer
The Mormons CLAIM to be a continuation of Christianity, but we must use our powers of reason (Isaiah 1:18). They have REVISED the King James Bible to better go along with their teachings. They also place more value on their ridiculous Book of Mormon than on the Bible itself. They ignore DNA proofs (such as the American Indians are NOT descendants of Israelites) and make statements that are provable to be false (such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle apologizing for writing derogatory things about Mormons in his story "A Study in Scarlet." That was a lie. He never apologized. The Mormons teach doctrines that are in conflict with the Bible, such as that Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb by natural physical means (by a physical man), and that God was once a man like us. One has to examine things before drawing conclusions.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #93

Post by onewithhim »

Avoice wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:38 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #88]

Are you following Christ? He was a practicing Jew. You reject his religion do you not?
Passover is coming. Will you be keeping it as God commanded? Jesus would have because he was a Jew.

It seems to me you are following Peter and Pauls instructions rather than God's instructions. Jesus didn't obey Peter and Paul so why do you regard them?
Jesus practiced pure worship of Israel's God. He obeyed the Law to the letter. I do not reject his religion. His coming was in fulfillment of everything his religion taught. His religion was true and his own teachings were an extension of what is written in the Hebrew Scriptures. His religion and subsequent Christianity melded together, a continuation of what the God of the Hebrews spoke to Israel about. Christianity is the outcome of what is written in the Hebrew Scriptures. We do not need to observe Passover now. Yeshua fulfilled the Law and made the Passover obsolete. Christ is our Passover. (I Corinthians 5:7) We celebrate his death, as he commanded, as what has released the Jews from the curse of the Law, and what has given all of mankind the freedom from death. (Genesis 18:18) Jesus picked Peter as one of his Apostles, and he picked Paul as well, to go and witness about Him. He didn't obey them, but they obeyed Him.

William
Savant

Post #94

Post by William »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #93]
Jesus practiced pure worship of Israel's God. He obeyed the Law to the letter.
Apparently this is untrue. He seemed to treat the law something which could be bent to suit the higher agenda...and didn't conflate 'obeying the law to the letter' with serving The Father.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #95

Post by JehovahsWitness »

William wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:37 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #93]
Apparently this is untrue. ...
Are you suggesting Jesus disobeyed the law? If so, when ?
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

William
Savant

Post #96

Post by William »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:46 pm
Apparently this is untrue. ...
Are you suggesting Jesus disobeyed the law? If so, when ?
No. The part you snipped to "quote" me, clearly shows I am not suggesting that at all.
I wrote:
Apparently this is untrue. He seemed to treat the law something which could be bent to suit the higher agenda...and didn't conflate 'obeying the law to the letter' with serving The Father.
Clearly I wrote that Jesus did not follow the Law 'to the letter' which was what the claim was in the words;

"He obeyed the Law to the letter"

onewithhim
Savant

Post #97

Post by onewithhim »

Don't just give your opinion. Show from the Scriptures why you would say that Jesus didn't follow the Law, serving the Father.

William
Savant

Post #98

Post by William »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:44 pm
Don't just give your opinion. Show from the Scriptures why you would say that Jesus didn't follow the Law, serving the Father.
I am not 'giving my opinion'. Nor did I say that Jesus didn't follow the law. I said he didn't obey the law to the letter, as was claimed.
I am surprised you do not know the scripture. It is about how the religious folk accused Jesus of supporting acts contrary to the laws of the sabbath.

Avoice
Guru

Post #99

Post by Avoice »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #93]

He is your passover? What? Do you even know what Passover commemorates? How is Jesus your passover? Scripture tells us what Passover is about and how to keep the Passover. Explain how Jesus is passover. We are also told to keep it FOREVER. God said FOREVER. Are you saying he lied when he said to keep it FOREVER? I think you believe IN God. I just don't think you believe what he says

CURSE OF THE LAW? Is that right. The law is a curse? Really? You think keeping the law is bad for people? What do you think awaits people who rejects the law and makes light of it? Eternal life and a pat on the back. Is there a reason why the law should be cursed? You don't like laws? You prefer to live life without them? A curse? You accept that really?
Who told you this? Paul's huh?

The following passages describe the law. What is your response to this? Is the law a curse? Is it something we should desire or try to get out of having to keep it?

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb."

Avoice
Guru

Post #100

Post by Avoice »

Last edited by Avoice on Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.