The Scroll of Revelation: An Interpretation of the First Seal

Post #1

Post by Veridican »

The Scroll of Revelation: An Interpretation of the First Seal
By Rev. Edward J. Gordon, VCDC
March 3, 2022
------
Abstract

In Christian eschatology, there are several erroneous theories regarding the first seal mentioned in Revelation, chapter six. These errors result from an inaccurate understanding of the symbology which becomes apparent only in our modern age. This paper argues that the white horse and its rider who wears a crown and carries a bow represents a progression of technology that at first appears pure and good but ultimately leads to the devolution of human civilization. As a civilization, we can no longer survive without advanced technology; thus, technology has become our conqueror as predicted in passage.
------
To see the entire white paper on this (1870 words), please visit:
http://veridicans.org/library/rev_6_first_seal.pdf
------

Anyone disagree?
All for Christ and only for Christ! :wave:

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Re: The Scroll of Revelation: An Interpretation of the First Seal

Post #11

Post by Veridican »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:25 am
Your link did not work for me but I'd be happy to at least consider completely demolishing the rest of your so-called "revelation" but frankly, since the premise is so weak I don't see it would be worth my time.
How would you know? You haven't read it. That's the epitome of ignorance. Do blather an "opinion" without even researching what you're opining on.
Two Jehovahs Witnesses have volunteered input, which is unsurprising as in my personal experience very few non-witnesses are familiar enough with the book to offer any meaningful input above and beyond a cut and paste from Wikipedia. Unless you wish to continue with the kind of poster that contributes a picture of dirty dishes in response to a typo, I suspect if we step down, this thread will die.
So, let it die. They all do. Arguing with you is pointless. You've so much as said it is pointless. You have no curiosity at all; you're going to stick to whatever your religious masters have told you and that's it.
The bible look of Revelation in several areas presents all the elements found in Rev 6:1 again, all associated with the resurrected Christ, while this bogus adhoc interpretation presents no scriptural basis outside the imaginary. One has to wonder why anyone that claims to be interested in discussion, makes no attempt at discussing these and other points raised , possibly because for some discussion means raising no objections.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
Funny, I address that point in the paper. You accuse me of not supporting my claim, but you won't even look at the paper. And who doesn't have the ability to open up a straight-forward .pdf file? But forget that. I have no problem posting the entire paper, but there's no point, you already said you wouldn't read it anyway.

So, I'm going to wait to see if anyone else wants to discuss it. If not, I'm in other groups where it is being discussed.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Veridican wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:02 am
Funny, I address that point in the paper. You accuse me of not supporting my claim, but you won't even look at the paper.
In case you have missed it this is a debating forum where people are generally expected to present their points not just upload them. You claim your paper has solid counted -arguments to those I have raised in this thread but evidently do not wish to post them in the thread. Like you, I have you provided links to what I have written on the subject (which you say you have no interest in consulting) but unlike you, I have made several points and supported my points with scripture right here in this thread. Evidently you have no interest in addressing my points or consulting links.

If ever you (or anyone) cares to address what has already been posted I will be happy to post again.

Have a most excellent day,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #13

Post by Veridican »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:25 am
Your link did not work for me but I'd be happy to at least consider completely demolishing the rest of your so-called "revelation" but frankly, since the premise is so weak I don't see it would be worth my time. The little you have said is enough. If someone said "I think the first seal is the easter bunny please read my paper" you can understand why that same person might have to briefly support their position before expecting someone to plough through 1800 words; this is after all a debating forum. Feel free to flesh out your conclusion.

Two Jehovahs Witnesses have volunteered input, which is unsurprising as in my personal experience very few non-witnesses are familiar enough with the book to offer any meaningful input above and beyond a cut and paste from Wikipedia. Unless you wish to continue with the kind of poster that contributes a picture of dirty dishes in response to a typo, I suspect if we step down, this thread will die.

The bible look of Revelation in several areas presents all the elements found in Rev 6:1 again, all associated with the resurrected Christ. Your alternative adhoc interpretation presents no scriptural basis outside of the imaginary. One has to wonder why anyone that claims to be interested in discussion, makes no attempt at discussing these and other points raised , possibly because for some discussion means raising no objections.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
Well, I'm not going to get what I want, so I guess I'll have to take what I get. You think the first seal represents Jesus Christ. Why? Is that the JW doctrine on it?

otseng
Savant

Post #14

Post by otseng »

Veridican wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:02 amThat's the epitome of ignorance.
Moderator Comment

Please avoid making personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #15

Post by Veridican »

otseng wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:17 pm
Veridican wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:02 amThat's the epitome of ignorance.
Moderator Comment

Please avoid making personal comments.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
That's not a personal insult.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #16

Post by Veridican »

And another thing: I'm one of three people who post in this stupid forum. I do it out of charity. So why don't you lay off my posts. I swear to God, you're like pulling a nose hair.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #17

Post by 2timothy316 »

Veridican wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:04 pm
Well, I'm not going to get what I want, so I guess I'll have to take what I get. You think the first seal represents Jesus Christ. Why? Is that the JW doctrine on it?
Though this poster is banned, I think the question should still be answered.

Here is the scripture in question.

"And I saw, and look! a white horse, and the one seated on it had a bow; and a crown was given him, and he went out conquering and to complete his conquest." - Rev 6:2

There are some things to look at here. First the color of the horse, white. This color is normally is equated with holiness. Second Revelation 19:11 says, "I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness." Acts 2:34-36 says, "For David did not ascend to the heavens, but he himself says, ‘Jehovah said to my Lord: “Sit at my right hand until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.”’ Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for a certainty that God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you executed on a stake.”

Who else could this rider be other than Jesus Christ?