The Scroll of Revelation: An Interpretation of the First Seal

Post #1

Post by Veridican »

The Scroll of Revelation: An Interpretation of the First Seal
By Rev. Edward J. Gordon, VCDC
March 3, 2022
------
Abstract

In Christian eschatology, there are several erroneous theories regarding the first seal mentioned in Revelation, chapter six. These errors result from an inaccurate understanding of the symbology which becomes apparent only in our modern age. This paper argues that the white horse and its rider who wears a crown and carries a bow represents a progression of technology that at first appears pure and good but ultimately leads to the devolution of human civilization. As a civilization, we can no longer survive without advanced technology; thus, technology has become our conqueror as predicted in passage.
------
To see the entire white paper on this (1870 words), please visit:
http://veridicans.org/library/rev_6_first_seal.pdf
------

Anyone disagree?
All for Christ and only for Christ! :wave:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: The Scroll of Revelation: An Interpretation of the First Seal

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

Yes I disagree.

I believe the first rider represents Jesus Christ as the newly (1914) enthroned king.

• White: represents righteousness
  • crown: represents rulership
  • bow: represents warfare
REVELATION 19:11

I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness

FURTHER READING The Four Horsemen​—Who Are They?
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017086

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

THE LAST DAYS , 1914and ... THE BOOK OF REVELATION
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

Miles
Savant

Post #3

Post by Miles »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:03 pm Yes I disagree.

I believe the first rider represents Jesus Christ as the newly (1914) enthroned king.
  • bow: represents warefare
"warefare"? You mean like the Great Tupperware battle of '51? ;) where thousands of containers lost their lives

.... Image...... Image

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Veridican »

JehovahsWitness wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:03 pm Yes I disagree.

• bow: represents warfare
REVELATION 19:11

I saw heaven opened, and look! a white horse. And the one seated on it is called Faithful and True, and he judges and carries on war in righteousness
But doesn't it seem strange to you that it is the first seal? And then if you look at the ones that follow--why would the first one be Jesus Christ? And doesn't a bow, all by itself, just kind of beg us to take a deeper look?

onewithhim
Savant

Post #5

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to Veridican in post #4]

Go to www.jw.org and type in the search bar what you would like to know about......the first seal perhaps, or the four horsemen? You'll get a high quality answer.

Also...why would we think that the rider on the white horse would have a bow without an arrow? That's really straining a gnat out of the soup (Matthew 23:24). Of course he has an arrow. The scriptures say of the rider on the white horse that he is a righteous warrior, so he can't be the "anti-christ."
Last edited by onewithhim on Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Veridican »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:44 pm [Replying to Veridican in post #4]

Go to www.jw.org and type in the search bar what you would like to know about......the first seal perhaps, or the four horsemen? You'll get a high quality answer.
I'm not asking any questions about the first seal. I'm trying to make conversation. Everyone has their opinion, I suppose, but at least mine has some logical sense to it.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #7

Post by onewithhim »

Veridican wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:51 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:44 pm [Replying to Veridican in post #4]

I'm not asking any questions about the first seal. I'm trying to make conversation. Everyone has their opinion, I suppose, but at least mine has some logical sense to it.
I beg to differ. You might read my post again, I added something to it.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #8

Veridican wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:20 pm
But doesn't it seem strange to you that it is the first seal?
  • No it does not and it shouldn't be to anyone that knows bible prophecy.

Why did world conditions WORSEN following Jesus enthronement as King in 1914?
    viewtopic.php?p=1069156#p1069156

Veridican wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:20 pm And then if you look at the ones that follow--why would the first one be Jesus Christ?

See above.

Veridican wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:20 pmAnd doesn't a bow, all by itself, just kind of beg us to take a deeper look?
A deeper look yes, wildly unscriptural and baseless speculations, no. A bow is obviously symbolic of warfare; more precisely, individual execution (a bow kills people one by one).

JW

To learn more please go to other posts related to...

THE LAST DAYS , 1914and ... THE BOOK OF REVELATION

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Veridican
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Veridican »

Honestly, I'm not interested in the Jehovah's Witness position on this. You all have your church doctrine you follow; you're not open-minded enough to even consider my paper (which you haven't read), and your religion doesn't allow for open-mindedness anyway. What I have written is a revelation I've had of the first seal. It is based on a lot of observation over a long period of time, and frankly, it fits.

So, you've said your piece in accordance with your JW doctrine. It's close-minded, and you don't even address my points at all. So...'nough said.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #10

Veridican wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:20 am Honestly, I'm not interested in the Jehovah's Witness position on this.
I dont recall asking you if you were.

The OP mentions the suggestion that the white horse represents "technology" , there are a number of problems with this conclusion

- White: the colour white is NEVER associated in scrioture with that which merely appears good but is actually intrinsically bad

- technology is not scripturally intrinsically bad

- technology is used by people not the other way round, so it itself does not rule (crown)
Your link did not work for me but I'd be happy to at least consider completely demolishing the rest of your so-called "revelation" but frankly, since the premise is so weak I don't see it would be worth my time. The little you have said is enough. If someone said "I think the first seal is the easter bunny please read my paper" you can understand why that same person might have to briefly support their position before expecting someone to plough through 1800 words; this is after all a debating forum. Feel free to flesh out your conclusion.

Two Jehovahs Witnesses have volunteered input, which is unsurprising as in my personal experience very few non-witnesses are familiar enough with the book to offer any meaningful input above and beyond a cut and paste from Wikipedia. Unless you wish to continue with the kind of poster that contributes a picture of dirty dishes in response to a typo, I suspect if we step down, this thread will die.

The bible look of Revelation in several areas presents all the elements found in Rev 6:1 again, all associated with the resurrected Christ. Your alternative adhoc interpretation presents no scriptural basis outside of the imaginary. One has to wonder why anyone that claims to be interested in discussion, makes no attempt at discussing these and other points raised , possibly because for some discussion means raising no objections.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS
Last edited by JehovahsWitness on Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.