How to become an angel!

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

myth-one.com
Savant

How to become an angel!

Post #1

Post by myth-one.com »

Two type of bodies are defined in the Bible, natural and spiritual (I Corinthians 15:44). Man is a natural bodied being and God and the angels are spiritual bodied beings (John 3:6). All men will die (Hebrews 9:27), and all spiritual bodied beings will live forever. (Luke 20:36).

The two testaments of the Bible are covenants or wills between God and mankind. The inheritance which heirs receive under either covenant is everlasting life. Each Bible testament describes the path to everlasting life for mankind under that particular covenant.

The path to eternal life under the first covenant was to never sin (Romans 6:23). However, there was a fault in the first testament in that all mankind sinned! (Romans 5:12) Since the first covenant contained a fault, God created a second or New Testament (Hebrews 3:6).

Under the New Testament Covenant, one must believe in Jesus as their Savior to gain everlasting life (John 3:16). Here is how that came to be:

The Word (a Spirit) was made flesh as the man Jesus Christ (John 1:14). Being a man (1Timothy 2:5), Jesus was included as a possible beneficiary under the original covenant between God and mankind.

In fact, Jesus became the only human to become an heir to immortality under the Old Testament Covenant! (1 Timothy 6:16).

His future inheritance belongs solely to Him, it is His possession, He owns it! And He is the only human that "hath immortality" as an inheritance.

But Jesus freely chooses to offer His inheritance as a gift to humans who believe in Him as their Savior. This is codified in the New Testament Covenant! (John 3:16)

But how can the one everlasting life which is Jesus' inheritance be distributed to more that one believer? Here's how that is justified in the scriptures:

Since many sinned due to one man (Adam), it is only fair that likewise many should be saved by the gift of everlasting life offered freely by the one man, Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:15)

Once the Word was made flesh as Jesus, Jesus had no choice but to die His first death – as it is appointed unto man once to die. So Jesus’ death, while required, is not what saves us.

What saves us is that Jesus offers His just inheritance of everlasting spiritual life received by His living a sinless life under the Old Testament Covenant to those humans who accept Him as their Savior from the wages of their sins under the New Testament Covenant.

Believers receive their inheritance of everlasting life by being born again of the Spirit (John 3:6) at the second Coming (Romans 5:15).

Conclusion: Whosoever believeth shall be born again of the Spirit, as a spirit, into the spiritual Kingdom of God, at the Second Coming. When this occurs, we will become equal unto the angels.

That is how any human may become an angel. :D

If you want to debate the above explanation, please do so with scripture references to support your claims.

onewithhim
Savant

Re: How to become an angel!

Post #2

Post by onewithhim »

[Replying to myth-one.com in post #1]
A person cannot ever become an angel. Angels were created long before humans, and there were just so many angels created. Their numbers are not added to. Humans die and go back to the dust (Genesis 3:19), and the memory of them is in Jehovah's mind. He will resurrect them in due time. But they are not anywhere until they are brought back to life in the Resurrection. (John 5:28; John 6:40,44)

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #3

Post by myth-one.com »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:56 am [Replying to myth-one.com in post #1]
A person cannot ever become an angel.
Speaking of humans who shall inherit the Kingdom of God in the world to come, Jesus states:
Luke 20:36 wrote:Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
Equal means the same as, or identical.

Human believers shall become the children of God. And God is a spirit:
John 4:24 wrote:God is a Spirit: . . ..
And when we are born of the Spirit, we become spirits, because:
John 3:6 wrote:. . . that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
So when believers are born again of the Spirit, we will become spiritual bodied angels.

Savant

Post #4

Post by 1213 »

myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:32 pm … Since the first covenant contained a fault, God created a second or New Testament ...
Sorry, I don’t think that is true, because Bible says people broke it. But, God will not do so, He keeps it anyway.

For finding fault with them, he said, "Behold, the days come," says the Lord, "That I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, In the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; For they didn't continue in my covenant, And I disregarded them," says the Lord. "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days," says the Lord; "I will put my laws into their mind, I will also write them on their heart. I will be to them a God, And they will be to me a people. They will not teach every man his fellow citizen, Every man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' For all will know me, From the least of them to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness. I will remember their sins and lawless deeds no more."
Hebrews 8:8-12 (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

Yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them; for I am Yahweh their God; but I will for their sake remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God. I am Yahweh.'"
Leviticus 26:44-45

And about the new covenant, I think this would be good to notice and understand:

Yahweh your God will circumcise your heart, and the heart of your seed, to love Yahweh your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, that you may live. Yahweh your God will put all these curses on your enemies, and on those who hate you, who persecuted you. You shall return and obey the voice of Yahweh, and do all his commandments which I command you this day. Yahweh your God will make you plenteous in all the work of your hand, in the fruit of your body, and in the fruit of your cattle, and in the fruit of your ground, for good: for Yahweh will again rejoice over you for good, as he rejoiced over your fathers;
Deuteronomy 30:6-9

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Purple Knight »

onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:56 amA person cannot ever become an angel. Angels were created long before humans, and there were just so many angels created. Their numbers are not added to. Humans die and go back to the dust (Genesis 3:19), and the memory of them is in Jehovah's mind. He will resurrect them in due time. But they are not anywhere until they are brought back to life in the Resurrection. (John 5:28; John 6:40,44)
This is a good example of JWs knowing their own lore better than most other Christians.

The idea that a human can become an angel, that its spirit is the same as that of an angel, doesn't even pass a basic smell test of the lore.

Why would Lucifer be so upset about these new things, these humans, and so jealous, and object so much, if the new things were just angels in fleshy shells?

He wouldn't. Humans are not the same as angels and not interchangeable. If they were, there would be no huge beef between God and Lucifer to be had.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by 2timothy316 »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:54 pm
onewithhim wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:56 amA person cannot ever become an angel. Angels were created long before humans, and there were just so many angels created. Their numbers are not added to. Humans die and go back to the dust (Genesis 3:19), and the memory of them is in Jehovah's mind. He will resurrect them in due time. But they are not anywhere until they are brought back to life in the Resurrection. (John 5:28; John 6:40,44)
This is a good example of JWs knowing their own lore better than most other Christians.
Thanks for the compliment and I agree. Not only is our 'lore' Bible based, but we use the Bible to explain the Bible as OWH demonstrated. Imagine if all those calling themselves Christians did the same. Even though what many so-called Christian religions teach is not completely Bible based, too bad they don't actually follow what they DO proclaim to know. This is not to say JWs have it ALL figured out. Because as people remind us constantly of our swings and misses. But you'd be hard pressed to find any group of people trying harder trying to find out, not what people want out of a religion but what does God Almighty want out of a religion.
The idea that a human can become an angel, that its spirit is the same as that of an angel, doesn't even pass a basic smell test of the lore.

Why would Lucifer be so upset about these new things, these humans, and so jealous, and object so much, if the new things were just angels in fleshy shells?

He wouldn't. Humans are not the same as angels and not interchangeable. If they were, there would be no huge beef between God and Lucifer to be had.
If Jehovah God wanted humans to be angels then He would have made them that way. So, 'how to become an angel' shouldn't be a goal or viewed as a prize. How to be a better human should be a goal and being a better human is its own reward.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #7

Post by myth-one.com »

1213 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:45 pm
myth-one.com wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:32 pm … Since the first covenant contained a fault, God created a second or New Testament ...
Sorry, I don’t think that is true, because Bible says people broke it. But, God will not do so, He keeps it anyway.
Hi 1213,

The New Testament is a better covenant with better promises:
Hebrews 8:6 wrote:But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
And there was a fault in the first Testament:
Hebrews 8:7 wrote:For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
God does not keep the covenant with the fault, He keeps the New Covenant:
Hebrews 8:13 wrote:In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. (Hebrews 8:13)
The New Testament became effective and the Old Testament vanished away as a will when Jesus Christ died on the cross:
Hebrews 9:17 wrote:For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
The fault in the original testament was not with God. The fault was that all mankind who had ever lived had sinned. Thus, no man had ever become an heir to everlasting life under that covenant!

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #8

Post by myth-one.com »

Purple Knight wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:54 pm Humans are not the same as angels and not interchangeable.
Hi Knight,

That's correct. There were originally two differences between angels and mankind -- knowledge of good and evil and longevity (mortal versus immortal). Man became closer to being angels upon eating the forbidden tree in the Garden of Eden and gaining knowledge of good and evil.

At present, there is only one difference between mankind and the angels. That difference is body type. Man has a mortal physical body, while angels have immortal spiritual bodies.
Purple Knight wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:54 pm If they were, there would be no huge beef between God and Lucifer to be had.
No, there is a huge beef between God and Lucifer because Lucifer knows that mankind is being groomed to replace the angels who are presently ruling the earth under his command. Thus, Lucifer fights God's plan to replace him & angels under his control.

myth-one.com
Savant

Post #9

Post by myth-one.com »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:34 pm If Jehovah God wanted humans to be angels then He would have made them that way.
Hi 2timothy316,

That's correct. God does not necessarily want all humans to become angels. He only wants those humans who are faithful to Him to become angels.

Thus He created man a little lower than the angels. Men and women who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior will be born again as spiritual bodied beings and become equal unto the angels.

About a third of the angels created originally to maintain the earth under the command of Lucifer rebelled against God!

In the recreation, God did not create more angels and risk being stuck with more rebels for eternity. He created a mortal being called man a little lower than the angels.

These lower mortal beings (mankind) must respect and believe in God as a prerequisite to becoming a spiritual being which lives forever.

Thus, these new spirits being produced to replenish the earth should be less inclined to revolt.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #10

Post by 2timothy316 »

myth-one.com wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:34 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:34 pm If Jehovah God wanted humans to be angels then He would have made them that way.
Hi 2timothy316,

That's correct. God does not necessarily want all humans to become angels. He only wants those humans who are faithful to Him to become angels.

Thus He created man a little lower than the angels. Men and women who accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior will be born again as spiritual bodied beings and become equal unto the angels.

About a third of the angels created originally to maintain the earth under the command of Lucifer rebelled against God!

In the recreation, God did not create more angels and risk being stuck with more rebels for eternity. He created a mortal being called man a little lower than the angels.

These lower mortal beings (mankind) must respect and believe in God as a prerequisite to becoming a spiritual being which lives forever.

Thus, these new spirits being produced to replenish the earth should be less inclined to revolt.
There is are many issues with this view.

You said, "Thus, these new spirits being produced to replenish the earth should be less inclined to revolt."
Are you suggesting that the first spirits God created were more likely to revolt? Does God create flawed beings? What makes one "less inclined to revolt"? Why be created to be more inclined to revolt in the first place?
Consider this: Colossians 1:15 says of Jesus, "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." If Jesus was the firstborn of all creation, that would make him an angel right? Was Jesus created more inclined to revolt? Why would God make inferior angles or humans for that matter?

And another thing, why would spirits 'replenish the earth'? Ps 115:16 says, "As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, But the earth he has given to the sons of men." Not spirits but men.