Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

Brightfame52
Sage

Jesus is God and Why !

Post #1

Post by Brightfame52 »

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Muckman
Student

Re: Jesus is God and Why !

Post #391

Post by Muckman »

Brightfame52 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:32 pm If Jesus Christ in another Nature was not also God, then it would render His Sacrifice ineffective and not worthy of Satisfying the Law and Justice of a Perfect Holy God for a multitude of sinners that No man can number ! 28
I say that's absolutely and completely false. The opposite is true.

Trinitarian says, "Jesus is equal in power and authority to God the Father.
Jesus said, the God the Father is greater.
Jesus said, "He can do nothing on his own.

Trinitarian says, "Jesus is equal to God the Father in knowledge.
Jesus said, "Only the Father know the day and hour of Jesus' return.

Trinitarian says, "
Trinitarian says, "Jesus is fully God and fully man.

Paul says, Jesus was fully human in every way!
"For this reason he had to be made like them,[fn] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people."

fn: Like his brethren.

Trinitarian Christians destroy Christianity. Thousands were tortured and murdered over this nonsensical doctrine. Close to 40% of Christians now believe Jesus is NOT God. My heart is destroyed over this diabolical man-made demon devised Trinity doctrine where one Christian condemns the other. The ironic thing is this doctrine comes from a Church many Evangelical Protestants label as, "The Whore of Babylon!"

If Jesus was God that makes him a fraud and the cross a hoax!

We know that God cannot be tempted and cannot sin. IF Jesus WAS God, that means he's a fraud because he could not have been tempted to sin anyway making him a complete fraud and the cross a complete hoax with ZERO atonement for sin.

I'm basically done with trinitarian Christianity. I'll work out my own salvation void of it. That's why I go to a Congregational Church where I can believe what I want!
Last edited by Muckman on Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #392

Post by Brightfame52 »

Muckman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:19 pm
Brightfame52 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:32 pm If Jesus Christ in another Nature was not also God, then it would render His Sacrifice ineffective and not worthy of Satisfying the Law and Justice of a Perfect Holy God for a multitude of sinners that No man can number ! 28
I say that's absolutely and completely false. The opposite is true.

Trinitarian says, "Jesus is equal in power and authority to God the Father.
Jesus said, the God the Father is greater.
Jesus said, "He can do nothing on his own.

Trinitarian says, "Jesus is equal to God the Father in knowledge.
Jesus said, "Only the Father know the day and hour of Jesus' return.

Trinitarian says, "
Trinitarian says, "Jesus is fully God and fully man.

Paul says, Jesus was fully human in every way!
"For this reason he had to be made like them,[fn] fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people."

fn: Like his brethren.

Trinitarian Christians destroy Christianity. Thousands were tortured and murdered over this nonsensical doctrine. Close to 40% of Christians now believe Jesus is NOT God. My heart is destroyed over this diabolical man-made demon devised Trinity doctrine where one Christian condemns the other. The ironic thing is this doctrine comes from a Church many Evangelical Protestants label as, "The Whore of Babylon!"

If Jesus was God that makes him a fraud and the cross a hoax!

We know that God cannot be tempted and cannot sin. IF Jesus WAS God, that means he's a fraud because he could not have been tempted to sin anyway making him a complete fraud and the cross a complete hoax with ZERO atonement for sin.

I'm basically done with trinitarian Christianity. I'll work out my own salvation void of it. that's why I go to a Congregational Church where I can believe what I want!
Thanks for your opinion

Muckman
Student

Post #393

Post by Muckman »

Thanks for your opinion
I like Paul's opinion in Hebrews 2:17-18

For this reason he had to be made like them, FULLY HUMAN IN EVERY WAY, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #394

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:14 am [Replying to onewithhim in post #382]

Lol it doesnt matter how much biblical evidence you are shown, you cant believe it.
You have not shown any Biblical evidence. You post your opinions, without valid scriptural backing. All someone has to do is read the posts in the thread "Jesus is not God." LOL.

Savant

Post #395

Post by 1213 »

Muckman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:07 pm Simple enough, isn't it? The only thing that saves the trinity doctrine is the hypostatic union.
Yes, I think it is simple, if one remains in what is actually said in the Bible. The problems come when people try to twist it to mean something else. :)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #396

Post by onewithhim »

1213 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:08 am
Muckman wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:07 pm Simple enough, isn't it? The only thing that saves the trinity doctrine is the hypostatic union.
Yes, I think it is simple, if one remains in what is actually said in the Bible. The problems come when people try to twist it to mean something else. :)
Yes, that is, unfortunately, true. The apostles Paul and Peter wrote about such a thing.

"...The untaught and unstable are twisting, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction." (2Peter 3:16)

"I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them." (Acts 20:29,30)

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #397

Post by Brightfame52 »

[Replying to onewithhim in post #394]

Yes I have shown you biblical evidence, you cant believe it, I cant make you believe it, thats above my pay grade.

onewithhim
Savant

Post #398

Post by onewithhim »

Brightfame52 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:32 pm [Replying to onewithhim in post #394]

Yes I have shown you biblical evidence, you cant believe it, I cant make you believe it, thats above my pay grade.
You have shown me no truthful evidence, just your opinions. You have done what Paul and Peter and John have written about those that twist the Scriptures. But you have the prerogative to reject truth if you so wish. All I have to do is tell you what the truth is.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #399

Post by Brightfame52 »

Scripture sets forth Jesus is God and that all will eventually acknowledge it from these scriptures,

Isa 45:22-24

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

24 Surely, shall one say, in the Lord have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

This applies to Jesus Christ the Saviour who men look to to be saved Phil 2:8-10

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Brightfame52
Sage

Post #400

Post by Brightfame52 »

@onewithhim
You have shown me no truthful evidence,
Yes I have, you just can't see it. To give you eyes to see is above my pay grade.