In The Beginning...

Exploring the details of Christianity

Moderator: Moderators

William
Savant

Re: In The Beginning...

Post #241

Post by William »

My apologies for the last post - I am still working on a reply.

William
Savant

Post #242

Post by William »

The Tanager wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:52 pm [Replying to William in post #238]
You are claiming that knowledge of how YHVH created is not also necessary to that end.
William wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:38 pmNo one is arguing that morality isn't necessary to that end, so there is no issue re that.
What I've been saying is that by definition, society involves morality because morality involves how people interact with each other. The definition of society doesn’t necessarily include knowledge of how the world was created. So, to include the latter would require further argumentation. Do you have any such argument?
I have no choice but to disregard your unsupported claim as simply opinion, Tanager. As such, I have placed it to one side of this table of discussion, as irrelevant tangency.
William wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:38 pmThey are separate things created by the same thing. They are no more separate from their service to consciousness, than are the sun and the moon are separate from the service of the earth.
What support do you have for this claim that they are separate things?

I gave the support in my statement. "They are no more separate from their service to consciousness, than are the sun and the moon are separate from the service of the earth"
Different things are still part of the overall same thing.

Regarding the points below, I am satisfied that we can go no further with our discussion Tanager

"Simulation Theory (ST) as a valid way to interpret the Bible stories: List of Considerations."

1: I am satisfied that Simulation Theory [ST] and Evolution Theory [ET] are an are ideas able to be integrated.

2: Re the question, I am satisfied that Creation Theory [CT] re Genesis One also is an idea able to be integrated with ST and CT, IF the story is not conflated with Genesis Two, re Adam

3: Re the question, I am satisfied that the two creation stories [Genesis One and Genesis Two] are different stories re the first humans, and that Eden and Adam were created many thousands of years after human beings first began to walk on the Earth, many millions of years after YHVH first set the process into action.

4: Re the question, I am satisfied re the argument made that traditional religion - specifically Hebrew and Christian [ perhaps all the Abrahamic religions and their offshoots] - in conflating the creation stories of Genesis One with Genesis Two, that there is no easy way in which to integrate ST or ET into TCT [Traditional Creation Theory re religious interpretation.]

5: Re the question, I am satisfied that such argument from TCT can thus be placed to one side, and regarded as unsupported opinion as they serve no purpose in the discussion re integrating the 3 Theories ST - ET and CT.

6: Re the question, I am satisfied that TCT is irrelevant to the argument that ST cannot be used validly to interpret the stories of the Bible, because TCT treats the two creation stories as the same story said differently, and treats Adam as the first Human created.

7: Re the question, I am satisfied that the question "Is Simulation Theory a valid way to interpret the stories of the Bible" can be answered answered "Yes. As long as it is also a valid way to interpret Evolution Theory.".

8: I am satisfied this has been demonstrated/shown to be, re those conversations between myself and Open AI which have been shared in this thread

William: Please briefly summarize the eights points, making sure to clearly distinguish CT from TCT

Open AI: The eight points summarize the author's understanding that Simulation Theory (ST) can be a valid way to interpret Bible stories, and that it can be integrated with Evolution Theory (ET) and Creation Theory (CT). They also argue that Traditional Creation Theory (TCT), which conflates the two creation stories in Genesis and treats Adam as the first human, is irrelevant to the discussion and that it is unsupported opinion. The author believes that ST can be used as a valid interpretation of the Bible stories as long as it is also a valid interpretation of ET. The author is satisfied with these conclusions and understands they have been demonstrated through conversations with OpenAI, in prior posts shared by the author, for the readers convenience, in the thread discussing the argument

I thank you for you contribution to the thread question Tanager, but feel that at this stage, we can go no further, and I do not want to spend any more time trying to do so.

The Tanager
Savant

Post #243

Post by The Tanager »

William wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:52 pmI thank you for you contribution to the thread question Tanager, but feel that at this stage, we can go no further, and I do not want to spend any more time trying to do so.
Thank you for the time you did spend. I hope we talk again soon. I'll share my thoughts on the last ponits you made but, obviously, don't expect you to respond.
William wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:52 pmI have no choice but to disregard your unsupported claim as simply opinion, Tanager. As such, I have placed it to one side of this table of discussion, as irrelevant tangency.
I gave support for my claim. It was all about the actual definitions of the words giving us reason to connect it. Connecting definitions together (along with pure mathematics) are the only things that one can be 100% certain about (if done correctly). Place it as irrelevant to your own loss.
William wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:52 pmI gave the support in my statement. "They are no more separate from their service to consciousness, than are the sun and the moon are separate from the service of the earth"
Different things are still part of the overall same thing.
Giving an analogy like this is not giving support.

William
Savant

Post #244

Post by William »

William
Savant

Post #245

Post by William »

Revelations won
Sage

Post #246

Post by Revelations won »

Dear William,

I find it a bit amusing when people use the term "in the beginning" People also use the term "eternal life".

I will play the roll of philosopher here. If something has a beginning , then it may also have an end.

If God is an eternal being, then he has no end.

If our destiny is "eternal life" then it would indicate that some part of our makeup is co-eternal with God our creator.

Best regards,
RW

The Tanager
Savant

Post #247

Post by The Tanager »

Revelations won wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:34 pmIf our destiny is "eternal life" then it would indicate that some part of our makeup is co-eternal with God our creator.
Why does it indicate that? One can have always existed and always will, but, logically, one with a beginning could also live forever. Many people who believe humans are destined for eternal life are of the latter kind. I see no contradiction there.

William
Savant

Post #248

Post by William »

[Replying to Revelations won in post #246]
If something has a beginning , then it may also have an end.
Agreed. Also. If something has a beginning, it is likely a simulated thing.
If God is an eternal being, then he has no end.
Agreed. Also, such an entity would have had no beginning.
If our destiny is "eternal life" then it would indicate that some part of our makeup is co-eternal with God our creator.
Agreed. Is that part The Breathe of YHVH or The Image of YHVH?

I find it interesting that most religious mythology covers the concept of "Before The Beginning"

This in turn reminded me of a poem I wrote during my term being a theist.

BEFORE THE BEGINNING

Forgotten? Impossible! How can that be?!
Did I forget You or did You forget Me?
Was I lost in a dream? Did you make the dream real?
Was it something I did? Is it something You feel?
Is it unrecognizable, heard to detect?
Does it help us to know who created this mess?

Is It really a mess or The Truth in disguise?
Is It something that opens or closes Our eyes?
Does It sneak in the shadows and rob Me of choice?
Does it scare Me so badly that it stifles My Voice?

Are We so darned alone in the big Universe,
That everything You can do, I can do worse?
Am I so scared of Life I'm afraid to let go?
Does it act against Faith, just 'cause I need to know?
Am I something You thought about, just to explore?
So You can be somewhere like never before?

To have a beginning - a middle - an end
To embrace the whole concept as a Lover and Friend
Does the reason regarding Space being so dark
Have something to do with You being the Bright Spark?

Is it all just a clever Joke....Seriously so...
Did You speak the Punchline - eons ago?
Am I too slow to Trust - Are you too fast a Friend?
Are We enemies still, are there places to mend?
Is "God" and the "Devil" One and the same?
With one half to adore and the other, to blame?

Do I see Prime Creator below and above
One Item Alone - Unconditional Love?
Do I know what it is that I need to Accept?
Should I never assume, or come to expect?

Is my Soul full of memories locked up and sealed?
Will the Secret Within, one day be revealed?
Can I help the process...or get in the way?
Should I learn to be quiet? Should I learn how to play?
There is something about It All I like a lot...
...Like a Thing I have known, then somehow forgot...

Must I learn to Trust the Thoughts that I have
As being something that isn't at all to call "bad"
How else but happy should This Person be?
Free to seek Freedom. Free to be Me!