WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

The Salvation of Jesus Christ

Post #1

Post by WinkyDinky »

Matthew 6:34
Take therefore no thought for the morrow:
for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.
Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

1. In this commandment,
what is Jesus commanding, the children of God, to obey in their everyday life?
How do you understand these words of the Word of Life?

2. How do you disobey this commandment in your everyday life?

3. How do you obey this commandment, in your everyday life?

4. What happens to you when you disobey this commandment, in your everyday life?

5. What happens to you when you obey this commandment, in your everyday life?

6. What is the purpose or the objective of this commandment, in your everyday life,
given to the children of God to always obey, by Jesus the Christ?
Last edited by WinkyDinky on Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Re: The Salvation of Jesus Christ

Post #31

Post by WinkyDinky »

2timothy316 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:17 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:39 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:20 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:41 pm
2timothy316 wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:58 pm
WinkyDinky wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:11 pm Jesus said unto him,
Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,
and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment.

Why does God have to command you to love Him
with all thy heart, and with all thy soul,
and with all thy mind?
Who was Jesus talking to? The Whole world or only those that are God's people? Remember the Law was not imposed on the entire world it was imposed on God's people. Those that chose to follow God's laws Jesus was saying that the law you quote was the most important one.

Now, of course those that chose not to follow Jehovah and His Son there will be consequences. However, those that do follow Jehovah and Jesus without love their service is useless. (1 Cor 13:1)
If you have to ask me these questions, I would have to say, in reply to you, that you do not know Jesus.
If you can't answer them, even when I gave you the answers, then I'd say the same to you.
My winning rebuttal...
1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you,
and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things,
and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
So absorbed with YOUR winning right? Well...
Here is Jehovah's winning rebuttal.
Delusions of grandeur and a lack of humility doesn't make a someone a winner. And I don't see someone that says such things as annotated but self-serving and self righteous. Do you think yourself greater than me and everyone here? Then read these scriptures.

Ephesians 4:2
Matthew 23:12
Philippians 2:3
Luke 9:46-48
Nothing in all this you said is true. But there again, that is why I always win.
I always speak the truth.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #32

Post by 2timothy316 »

WinkyDinky wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:55 pm

and with all thy mind?
Who was Jesus talking to? The Whole world or only those that are God's people? Remember the Law was not imposed on the entire world it was imposed on God's people. Those that chose to follow God's laws Jesus was saying that the law you quote was the most important one.

Now, of course those that chose not to follow Jehovah and His Son there will be consequences. However, those that do follow Jehovah and Jesus without love their service is useless. (1 Cor 13:1)
If you have to ask me these questions, I would have to say, in reply to you, that you do not know Jesus.
If you can't answer them, even when I gave you the answers, then I'd say the same to you.
My winning rebuttal...
and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things,
and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
Delusions of grandeur and a lack of humility doesn't make a someone a winner. And I don't see someone that says such things as annotated but self-serving and self righteous. Do you think yourself greater than me and everyone here? Then read these scriptures.

Nothing in all this you said is true. But there again, that is why I always win.
Thank you for proving my point.
"For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able to bridle also his whole body." James 3:2
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:32

I guess you think you're perfect and without sin?
"If we make the statement, “We have no sin,” we are misleading ourselves and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8
I don't believe that you always speak the truth, but whatever floats your boat.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by WinkyDinky »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:49 am
WinkyDinky wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:55 pm

and with all thy mind?

My winning rebuttal...

Thank you for proving my point.
"For we all stumble many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able to bridle also his whole body." James 3:2
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:32

I guess you think you're without sin?
"If we make the statement, “We have no sin,” we are misleading ourselves and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8
I don't believe that you always speak the truth, but whatever floats your boat.
I see that it is beyond your faith and belief, that I by the power of the Holy Ghost
can repent and cease from all sin and walk blameless before the living God
in the beauty of holiness at all times. I win again.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #34

Post by 2timothy316 »

WinkyDinky wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:58 am I see that it is beyond your faith and belief, that I by the power of the Holy Ghost
LOL All I can say is, wow. :shock:
You got one thing right, you're beyond belief.
Those are not my words. They are the Words of God and your disagreement is not with me but with the Bible. Have a good day.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #35

Post by WinkyDinky »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:59 am
WinkyDinky wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:58 am I see that it is beyond your faith and belief, that I by the power of the Holy Ghost
Those are not my words. They are the Words of God and your disagreement is not with me but with the Bible. Have a good day.
It is against the forum rules to make fun of anyone's stupidity.
I overcame the temptation. So I will not comment on what you said to me.

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #36

Post by 2timothy316 »

WinkyDinky wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:16 am
I didn't say anything about stupidity. I agreed with you that I find want you say about yourself as beyond my belief. That anyone say something so contrary to what the Bible says and be ok with it is not a surprise but still shocking.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #37

Post by WinkyDinky »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:22 am
WinkyDinky wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:16 am
I didn't say anything about stupidity. I agreed with you that I find want you say about yourself as beyond my belief. That anyone say something so contrary to what the Bible says and be ok with it is not a surprise but still shocking.
1 John 3:8
He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.
For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Excellent, let's put your theory to the test.

Are you of the devil?

Yes or no?

2timothy316
Under Probation

Post #38

Post by 2timothy316 »

[Replying to WinkyDinky in post #37]

I stand by, "If we make the statement, “We have no sin,” we are misleading ourselves and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8
Do you accept this scripture? Yes or no?

Also, there are other translations of 1 John 3:8. Note it is one who "practices" sin. The translation you're using leaves out that important word. Not just one who sins and repents. We all sin and fall short of the glory of God and if one thinks they don't sin then 1 John 1:8 says the truth is in that person.

"The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil." - 1 John 3:8 Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible
The one practicing sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this reason the Son of God was revealed, so that He might destroy the works of the devil.

New American Standard Bible
the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

https://biblehub.com/1_john/3-8.htm

So no. While I do sin I do not seek to practice sin. The Bible is clear if I say I don't sin then, "If we make the statement, “We have not sinned,” we are making him a liar, and his word is not in us." 1 John 1:10

Romans 3:23-24 says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Is God a lair?

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #39

Post by WinkyDinky »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:19 pm [Replying to WinkyDinky in post #37]

I stand by, "If we make the statement, “We have no sin,” we are misleading ourselves and the truth is not in us." - 1 John 1:8

Also, there are other translations of 1 John 3:8. Note it is one who "practices" sin. The translation you're using leaves out that important word. Not just one who sins and repents. We all sin and fall short of the glory of God and if one thinks they don't sin then 1 John 1:8 says the truth is in that person.

"The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil." - 1 John 3:8 Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible
The one practicing sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this reason the Son of God was revealed, so that He might destroy the works of the devil.

the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

So no. While I do sin I do not seek to practice sin. The Bible is clear if I say I don't sin then, "If we make the statement, “We have not sinned,” we are making him a liar, and his word is not in us." 1 John 1:10

Romans 3:23-24 says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". Is God a lair?
I never said to you, I had never had no sin.
I did however said to you, that by the power of the Holy Ghost
I can repent from my sin and walk in the light, and be cleansed
of all my sin by the blood of the Lamb and never commit another sin
in all my life. Now let us put your theory, once againto the test
using your bible.

There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias,
of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

WinkyDinky
Banned
Banned

Post #40

Post by WinkyDinky »

2timothy316 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:19 pm [Replying to WinkyDinky in post #37]

Berean Literal Bible

Here, cypher this one for me.

John 8:34
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.