Hubble Cross Redaction

For members of the "Former Christian" usergroup

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Hubble Cross Redaction

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

In the Holy Huddle, [url=http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=388283#388283]lastcallhall[/url] wrote:I saw a picture of the image of the hubble cross and it was just another wonderful sign to all the world that God is saying this is my son believe in him. It is so amazing to me that the image of the cross would be seen by a telescope in the middle of the universe. If you have not seen the image google it, I think it will lift your spirit.
For reference:

When any of you were Christians, would you have taken this image to be a Sign From God? Does anyone think that God would arrange the stars in such a way as to depict a silhouette of an ancient device of torture to humanity? How is it that this lifts anyone's spirit?

Doesn't it look a bit like the Eye of Sauron?

Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Cathar1950 »

It really looks more like an x slightly tilted.
I guess it could look like a cross with perspective, provided we knew what "the" cross looked like from a weird angle.
It shows that the believer will see what they believe in just about anything and even take it personal.
Like some of the early Christians that looked at the Hebrew scriptures, in Greek, and saw Jesus in every myth, passage, metaphor or story.

drblunder

I would

Post #3

Post by drblunder »

I would have...sadly. Thats the most frustrating thing about religion is that in order for ti to be true, you have to want it to be true! Thats such crap! It should be easier than that to know the truth especially when you have "eternity" in the balance. Instead of a vague signs why couldn't he just simply say "I love you" and save us all a lot!? It does look like the eye from the Lord of the rings