How serious were you about Christianity?

For members of the "Former Christian" usergroup

Moderator: Moderators

Before you left Christianty, just how serious were you about being a Christian?

Nominal.
7%
Student.
12%
Committed.
65%
Professional.
12%
Other.
5%

Total votes: 43

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

Before you left Christianty, just how serious were you about being a Christian?
  • Nominal. Christian in name only, attended church for social or family reasons.
  • Student. Seriously investigated Christianity but never really committed to it.
  • Committed. Bought it hook, line and sinker.
  • Professional. Gave up job or career to pursue Christian calling.
  • Other. Please specify.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

cnorman18

Post #21

Post by cnorman18 »

McCulloch wrote:
PlayRadioPlay! wrote:Mix of Nominal and Student. Was forced to attend church all of my life, did plenty of research and was convinced. But, I'm smarter now. (;
I know what you mean. I wish I were as smart now as I though I was when I was eighteen!.
Agreed. When I was 18, I knew all the answers. I'll be 60 this year, and now I'm not even sure of the questions.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Re: How serious were you about Christianity?

Post #22

Post by bernee51 »

cnorman18 wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
PlayRadioPlay! wrote:Mix of Nominal and Student. Was forced to attend church all of my life, did plenty of research and was convinced. But, I'm smarter now. (;
I know what you mean. I wish I were as smart now as I though I was when I was eighteen!.
Agreed. When I was 18, I knew all the answers. I'll be 60 this year, and now I'm not even sure of the questions.
When I was 18 I was amazed at how dumb my father was, by the time I was 35 I was amazed at how much he had learned.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

AlexMapleoir
Student

Post #23

Post by AlexMapleoir »

I was always loose when I called myself a "Christian". One day the questions Id always kept but did not ask changed my horizon on how the world was.

drblunder

It was everything

Post #24

Post by drblunder »

Christianity was always a part of my life even in my earliest memory's. I started in just like most kids in sunday school and then youth group. When in my teens it became my own "personal relationship" and then in my late teens began schooling to become a pastor. I led worship at church, small groups and was a counselor at christian camps. It was about the time my schooling was wrapping up and I began to have job offers to be a pastor at a few different churches that I realized how I could not only believe it for myself, but there was no way in hell that I could tell the world that I knew that there was a hell and feel ok with that