How Many Got Saved by Your Testimony and Lifestyle?

For members of the "Former Christian" usergroup

Moderator: Moderators

wrekk
Scholar

How Many Got Saved by Your Testimony and Lifestyle?

Post #1

Post by wrekk »

JamesBrown wrote:Right now I can think of ten people who became Christians because of my testimony and personal witness.
This quote gave me the idea for this thread. How many of y'all can relate to this? I lived a lifestyle free of drugs, alcohol, smoking, stealing, and violence in which many friends of mine that I grew up with later got saved. Many of them called me, or came and visited me to share the "great news". They would tell me how I was always someone that they could depend on, always someone that they could talk to, and that they thanked God for me being in their lives. That without me, they would have never seen the light.

I also remember this experience I had with this lady that lived across the street from me. After a life of alcoholism, frequent run-ins with the law, and treating you husband and step-son (one of my best friends at the time) like garbage, she eventually succumbed to cirrhosis of the liver and was on her death bed. I went and talked to her the morning right before she died, and witnessed to her. Telling her all about heaven and how she'll be able to walk again there. That she would have no more pain and suffering and be loved. We even bowed and said the lord's prayer, and accepted Jesus as her savior. I felt that the lord that day had used me in a powerful way.

To this day when these same friends call me, and find out that I'm now atheist, they really trip out. They start trying to quote scripture to me, and convince me of the same things I used to TELL THEM back in the day (ironic huh?).

Now in retrospect, I feel kind of guilty, but I guess we live and learn huh?

How many others on here, have similar experiences? Do you also feel the same guilt that I am experiencing?
You never hear in the news... 200 killed today when Atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the Agnostic stronghold in the North.- Doug Stanhope

drblunder

If it works

Post #11

Post by drblunder »

I witnessed to people everyday and am not certain of how many came to believe it. I think that for some it may have been good for them to believe as long as it doesnt come crashing down on them as it did for me.