What is the definition of "law" in the NT

One-on-one debates

Moderator: Moderators

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

What is the definition of "law" in the NT

Post #1

Post by scottlittlefield17 »

In the topic I posted on the head covering Benoni and me disagreed on what "law" was. You can find the disagreement here. I did not press him to hard because I did not want to get off topic.

Here are my ideas Benoni:
1. The Bible is considered completely inherent with all parts having equal worth.
2. Each challege of the apposing post must be answered even if it is to say that you have no answer at the moment
3. That it is understood that neither of us have hard feelings toward the other.

If have anything to add please do. If not then just state your agreement with the above and I outline my first set of arguments.
“Life is really simple as far as I’m concerned. There is no luck, you work hard and study things intently. If you do that for long and hard enough you’re successful.�
"The more well versed in a skill that someone is the luckier they seem to be."

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by Benoni »

scottlittlefield17 wrote:
Benoni wrote:
BUT if we do not do what is required of us we will not make heaven.
This is so sad. Does Jesus need to die again because he did not do a god enough job the first time around. This is making grace law. The Book of Revelation is the most spiritual book in the Bible and you eventake it literally. The letter killeth.
When Jesus died he died for every man. But you still have not told me why it is law for us to obey the scripture. You brought up Easter, I am not talking about that. I am talking about commands like the head covering like not killing like loving your emimies etc. I want you to show me somewhere that what we do doesn't matter. That we will be saved no matter what we do. It just isn't there. Jesus makes it very clear that we must obey him and bear good fruit otherwise we get cut off and thrown into the fire!
I know you are talking about head covers and all this religous bondage brought up in a religous culture over two THOUSAND years ago. I have been there and lived such a religious non-life over forty years ago; great place for those who drink only milk of the Word. This is a life of bondade and man made rules of conduct; a life of do's and do nots much like the religous Jews did during Jesus day.

It is not what you do that matters for we are all sinners, it is who you know. It is not a matter of women not cutting their hair which is fine for the first few centries after Jesus; it is a matter of knowing, hearing and seeing.

Bondage, praise God His fire burns up all our religous man made bondage.

That is why you see only what religion has taught you about God's fire; you do not see what God's fire is; you see a physical fire that tortures and burns NOT a spiritual fire that changes and purifies.

What is the difference between the fire in the cloven tongues of Fire on the day of Pentecost and the Lake of Fire in Revelation?

There is none; it is all God’s fire. Have you ever gone though God’s fire. It is awesome; it will happen to you either now or later in the Lake of fire.

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mark 9:49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Luke 3:17 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable

Do you know anything about farming, the chaff is the outer (flesh) of the wheat until the wheat is mature the chaff and the wheat are the same and cannot be separated.

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

So what is the difference? There is none.

Don't forget Daniels friend’s thrown in the Fiery Furnace in Babylon (religion). Only heir bondages were burn.

Dan 3:23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.
24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

scottlittlefield17
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by scottlittlefield17 »

I am taking a break from this particular debate in an effort to keep my attitude under control. I may post again at a later time.
“Life is really simple as far as I’m concerned. There is no luck, you work hard and study things intently. If you do that for long and hard enough you’re successful.�
"The more well versed in a skill that someone is the luckier they seem to be."

Benoni
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by Benoni »

scottlittlefield17 wrote:I am taking a break from this particular debate in an effort to keep my attitude under control. I may post again at a later time.
You do that

I see you did not address the above scriptures on God's fire with believers; there is much to scripture that will never fit in your religious man made box.