Is Jesus Christ "God"

One-on-one debates

Moderator: Moderators

Murad
Guru
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Australia - Sydney

Is Jesus Christ "God"

Post #1

Post by Murad »

In this debate we will be discussing the foundations of Christendom.
I will be putting forth arguements against the teachings of Christianity, and WinePusher will be apologetic and provide counter-arguements to my claims.

The main topic is: Is Jesus Christ God

There are also sub-topics we will be discussing that relates to the main topic:
The Doctrine of Trinity
The Doctrine of the Divine Sonship of Jesus
The Crucifiction
The Doctrine of Atonement and Original Sin


The Sources used in this debate:
OT & NT (Bible) [Main source for debate]
From my side the Quran
Any verifable evidence that is presented with a source.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Murad
Guru
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Australia - Sydney

Post #31

Post by Murad »

WinePusher wrote: I'm sorry, but this is not a valid example of a miracle...
What about the scientific fact about the seas? It seems you turned a blind eye on that.

WinePusher wrote: I'll add several points for discussion: I have attempted to defend one miracle claim of Christianity, the Resurrection, in secular terms.
Ok, in my following post; i'll disprove the resurrection using the Bible alone.

WinePusher wrote: Can you do the same with a similar Islamic Miracle, namely the Ascenion of the Prophet Muhameed. Can you defend that claim using secular methods of historical reasoning and excluding any appeals to revelation and dogma?
Ascension of Prophet Muhammad?
Where are you getting this?

WinePusher wrote:
Murad wrote: I believe we should go with the more logical & more attractive version version. Whats logical; a being thats 100% Divine & 100% Undivine simultaneously? This is mathematically impossible.
I would say that mathematics is irrelevant when trying to discern God's nature, remember that the sciences can only discern the natural, so the supernatural (God) would not be comphrehensible in mathematical or scientific terms.
Mathematics go hand-in-hand with logic.
If you want to imply that logic is irrelevant i dont see any point of us continuing this debate.
I did not present a calculus equation to disprove the divinity of Jesus; i simply said; its illogical(even mathematically) to say Jesus can be 100% Divine & 100% Undivine SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Its like being All-Knowing & not All-Knowing at the same time.
No matter what verbal gymnastics you try to play; the simple fact is that its illogical.

So you have 2 options here:
1) Explain how Jesus is 100% Undivine & 100% Divine simultaneously
2) Dismiss the question & call it a 'holy mystery'

I hope you go with option 1.

WinePusher wrote:
Murad wrote: ....and without shedding of blood is no remission (Hebrews 9:22)
The questions are:
1) Why is it a necessity for bloodshed in order to forgive sins?
I obviously cannot tell you exactly why God would require it, but I can place it in context.

First thing is that the Old Testament shows the Israelites sacrificing animals to God so that their sins would be forgiven by that substitutionary process, Jesus is considered the ulitmate sacrifice. Would you agree that God's mercy is not enough for justification, and that there must be some sort of action or event?
Mercy gained through action; not mercy gained through sacrifice.
Let me quote what Jesus said(whom you see as God):
If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.
(Matthew 12:7)
WinePusher wrote: Secondly, in Christianity and Judaism, it was not about the susbtance of the sacrifice, but rather the act and performance of it.
Yes; its the exact same in Islam aswell:
“It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches God, but it is piety from you that reaches Him...� (Quran 22:37)
And the whole concept goes back to Abraham sacrificing his only son to show God his obedience.
Good thing you raised this point; i would like to quote from James:
You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did.
(James 2:20)
The whole concept of universal salvation through grace; without action; is shown to be foolish by your own Bible.

WinePusher wrote:
Murad wrote: Original Sin; does not exist in Judaism. It is a complete concoction made to support the doctrine of atonement.

Similar to Judaism; in Islam; Original Sin does not exist; and every baby is born pure and innocent.
Do you, a Muslim, believe that World is in a fallen state and that humans were borninto a fallen state, deprived from God's grace?
Yes humans are born into a world of pain; a world of testing for the hereafter:
“Do men think that on their mere saying, ‘We have attained to faith’, they’ll be left to themselves and will not be put to test? Indeed we did test those who lived before them and so too shall be tested those who are now living and most certainly will God mark out those who prove themselves true and most certainly will He mark out those whose faith is a lie (29:1-2).�
This goes back to what Moses taught; repentance & following the commandments is the only way to gain Gods grace.
Why else do you think God gave the Law to the Children of Israel?
So that they could go to hell?
To mock them? ....by implying whatever they do is useless?
“When harm touches the human being, he calls upon Us. Then, when we confer on him a blessing, he says, ‘I was given it only because of a knowledge.’ No, it is a trial, but most of them know not (39:49)
WinePusher wrote: The reasons are different. Islamic dietary regulations have much to do with the process of animal slaughtering while Kosher has to do with the animal's features.
Wrong; Halal is one step ahead of Kosher.
Not only does it regulate the slaughtering method of lawful food; it also regulates which animals can be eaten by their features.
WinePusher wrote: Christianity would also share this same similarity, as foods which are considered to be luxurious are encouraged to be abstained from during times of prayer.
Not a Single Prophet(of the OT & Jesus) ate Pig after the Mosaic Law was revealed. Because it was regarded as dirty meat thus forbidden by the commandments of God.
So are you telling me; the only times Christians are "encouraged" not to eat pig is during prayers & soley because its seen as a 'luxury' ?

WinePusher wrote: So you're appealing to paradoxes. If God has the power to lie, but cannot do it then he is not all powerful. There is nothing that would prevent God from becoming human, and if there was then he would not be omnipotent. You're view of God is self-contradictory.
No; since you asked me to explain why God cannot become human without referring to Islamic scriptures; i used the bible to prove my point.
God cannot lie; simply because he is God. (Titus 1:2, Hebrews 6:18)
God cannot be human; simply because he is God. (Surah Maryam (19):92)
WinePusher wrote: John 8:58, Jesus claim is completely in keeping with God's statement to Moses where he described himself as "I am." Jesus never said the exact 3 words "I am God" he also never said "I am a Prophet" or "I am human." Should we also reject his humanity then because he never explicitely states it?
"I am" is not the same as "I am What I am"; it is not an unambiguous statement.
I asked you to validate your claim that Jesus himself admitted to his divinity; you have not been able to do this.

Furthermore; you stated that Jesus never said "I am a Prophet".
I want to ask you; Do you even know the definition of 'Prophet'?
proph·et

1.
a person who speaks for god or a deity, or by divine inspiration.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/prophet
I can confirm Jesus was a prophet using your Bible:
Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
(John 14:10)
WinePusher wrote: How absurd, the wages of sin is death, so God created with sin. That doesn't sound like a benevolent God to me, or does Islam not believe God is benevolent. God created us perfect, with free will, and it was by our free will that we sinned. God did not create us with sin or with the intent to committ sin, we brought win into the world by our own actions.
No, WE did not bring this on US.
Adam did not ASK me for MY permission before he ate the forbidden fruit.
Maybe he asked you; but thats another story.
“The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.� (Deuteronomy 24:16)
God made us with free-will; this is what makes us great; we have the choice to believe in God or to disbelieve him. If we believe in him; we will try our best not to sin & and we will repent. If we dont believe in God; we will sin without fear of retribution.
A being that has the choice to believe; is greater than someone who has no choice other than to believe.
WinePusher wrote: So it's all basically a cruel test?
You created the usergroup 'moral absolutist'; so by your own opinion the word 'cruel' is strictly subjective to human thought.
Yes; the world is a test; im surprised you havn't noticed; do you think God created all of this in vain? That the earth has no purpose?
“Do people(Christians) think that they will be left alone because they say: ‘We believe,’ and will not be tested?

And We indeed tested those(Jews) who were before them.

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:2-3]
WinePusher wrote:
Murad wrote: Can you imagine God Al-Mighty being a helpless baby?
My opinion is that we all have limited foresight and comphrension, and just because you nor I cannot imagine or understand something about God doesn't mean he's not capable of doing it.
This question i raised is not "beyond comprehension"; on the contrary its one of the easier questions i asked.
Its plain and simple; the God you believe in was once a helpless baby who urinated himself; who cried for food; who begged for parental attention etc... etc...

WinePusher wrote: Honestly, I haven't put much thought into the word "Begotten."
Exactly the point i was making.
Ok dont worry; i don't want a definition from you in this debate; ill make it a personal challenge for you; that i hope you think about.

Also; do you know the RSV Bible eliminated the word "Begotten" from the entire New Testament?
Because it does not exist in the most ancient Greek Manuscripts.
It is a concoction; a fabrication.

WinePusher wrote: You can group me with the Christians who have failed miserably to define this word.
Pastor Jimmy Swaggart is a very famous example; just youtube: "Ahmed Deedat vs Jimmy Swaggart"
WinePusher wrote:
Murad wrote: Early Christians had a wige range of opinions regarding Jesus Christ.
Now we must distinguish between what is mainstream and what is fringe. Early Christianity is shaped by the Apostolic Fathers such as Clement and Ignatius, and late Christianity is characterized by the Patrisics. The key figures in Christianity, and the key Christian thinkers affirm Jesus' divinity along with his humanity, so citing one contreversy by one man and using it to describe the Early Christian community is not honest.

Arius is echoing the Muslim sentiment that Jesus is not God, he came later then the Evangelists, Paul, Peter, and James so it's not wise to use him as an authority on Christianity when so many other key Christian figures dispute his premise.
The Arius controversy is only a scratch on the surface; that is only the opinion of one man. The only thing that emphasizes is how there were blatent disagreements within the Nicaean Council.
Wiki wrote: Divinity of Christ
Main article: Divinity of Christ

Most Christians identified Jesus as divine from a very early period, although holding a variety of competing views as to what exactly this implied.[40] Early Christian views tended to see Jesus as a unique agent of God;[41] by the Council of Nicaea in 325 he was identified as God in the fullest sense, literally 'of the same substance, essence or being', hence in the further wording of the Creed, "Θεόν αληθινόν εκ Θεο� αληθινο�" Theón alēthinón ek Theoú alēthinoú 'true God from true God'.
WinePusher wrote:
Murad wrote: One question for you: Why, for thousands of years, did none of God's prophets teach his people about the Trinity? At the least, would Jesus not use his ability as the Great Teacher to make the Trinity clear to his followers? Would God inspire hundreds of pages of Scripture and yet not use any of this instruction to teach the Trinity if it were the "central doctrine" of faith?
The trinity is clearly expressed in the New Testament
Actually no; that is not true.
Please quote me ONE unambiguous statement in the Bible to prove the Trinity.

Also; you didn't give any rebuttal where i proved Jesus could not be God; infact i requested a rebuttal 2 times; and i was left unanswered each time.
So should i take this silence as your admittal that Jesus is not God?

In the following post; i will use Biblical Evidence to counter the assertion that Jesus was resurrected.
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

Murad
Guru
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:32 am
Location: Australia - Sydney

Post #32

Post by Murad »

[center]The Cruci-"fiction" & Resurrection Of Jesus Christ[/center]
[center](An Islamic Rebuttal by Murad)[/center]

What are the meanings of the english words 'Crucified & : Resurrected' ?
verb (crucifies, crucifying, crucified) [with obj.]

»
1. historical put (someone) to death by nailing or binding them to a cross: two thieves were crucified with Jesus.
(Oxford Dictionary)


1 : to put to death by nailing or binding the wrists or hands and feet to a cross
(Webster Dictionary)

____________________
Resurrected / Resurrection

1. to raise or rise from the dead
(Oxford Dictionary)


1 :The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.
(Webster Dictionary)
If Jesus was 'Crucified'; that means Dying was compulsory.
If Jesus was 'Resurrected'; Dying was compulsory.

So the death of Jesus Christ is a necessity.

In this post; i will prove; using the Bible; Jesus did not die.
_______________________

Saint Paul says, in 1 Corinthians 15:42-44
So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
According to Saint Paul; Resurrected bodies are Spritualized.
Pauls Lord & Master Jesus Christ also implies that Resurrected bodies are Spiritualized:
and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels
(Luke 20:36)
So this is an Established fact; Resurrected bodies are Spiritualized.


After the alleged crucifiction; the disciples met in the Upper Room.
Its mentioned in the Gospel of Luke 24:36 :
While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, “Peace be with you.�
Next verse; Gospel of Luke 24:37 :
They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost.
Why did the disciples think Jesus Christ was a spirit?
Did Jesus look like a Spirit? No he didn't.

The reason they thought Jesus was a spirit is they heard from hearsay that Jesus died on the Cross. They heard from hearsay that he was buried.

According to Mark 14:50
Then everyone deserted him and fled.
In the most crucial juncture; ALL THE DISCIPLES deserted Jesus and fled.
Therefore from hearsay; the disciples 'thought' Jesus was a spirit when they saw him standing infront of them alive.

Jesus; to erase confusion said in Luke 24:39 :
Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.�
What was he trying to prove when he showed them his hands and feet?
Was he trying to prove he was resurrected?
HE WAS TRYING TO PROVE HE WAS NOT A SPIRIT THUS WAS NOT RESURRECTED

In the following verses; in Luke 24:41-43 :
And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?� They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.
Jesus ate infront of his disciples; to prove what; that he was a spirit?
No; to prove he was a physical body.

______
If there is no Crucifixtion and Resurrection then there is no Christianity
______


If you remember the story of Mary Magdalene when she goes to the tomb of Jesus on the 3rd day; its mentioned in the Gospel of John 20:1 aswell as the Gospel of Mark 16:2

The question is; Why did Mary Magdalene go to the Tomb ?
The reply is given in the verse earlier; in the Gospel of Mark 16:1 :
When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body.
The word used is 'anoint'; the original hebrew word is '"masaha"' which means to massage; or rub (oil).

I have a question:
Do Jews Massage dead bodies on the 3rd day?
or
Do Christians Massage dead bodies on the 3rd day?
The answer is NO

So why is she going to massage dead Jesus on the 3rd day?

Because she was the only one besides Joseph of Arimathea & Nicodemus who gave the burial bath to Jesus. And when Jesus was brought down from the Cross; she saw a bit of life left in him.
This would fulfill Jesus' prayer to the Father; not to die:
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
(Luke 22:42)
This cup is the cup of death

Obviously she wasn't going to say: "His alive!"; because they would put him to death again.

So she comes back on the 3rd day(after the sabbath day); to look for a live Jesus; and its mentioned in the Gospel of John 20:1 & the Gospel of Mark 16:4 that she finds the STONE HAS BEEN REMOVED:
Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.
(John 20:1)

But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away.
(Mark 16:4)
The question is; Why was the Stone removed?
If Jesus was resurrected and was a spirit; do you think a door would stop him?
This proves; Jesus; when he came out of the tomb; was a physical body.

The tomb of Jesus was the private property of Joseph of Arimathea; who was a rich & influential Jew; and he carved a tomb(most likely for himself) in which Jesus was kept.

According to Jim Bishop (a Christian scholar) the tomb(or sepulchre) was 5 feet wide by 7 feet high by 15 feet deep with a ledge or ledges inside. So it was very roomy.
The question is: Why do you require a roomy tomb?

Further if we read; the Gospel of John 20:15 :
"Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
Jesus sees Mary Magdalene weeping and he comes to her and asks; "why are you crying"; knowing well the reason; but still asking.

The question here is; Why did Mary Magdalene suppose Jesus was a Gardener?
Or another question; Do resurrected bodies look like Gardeners?

The answer is very simple; Jesus was disguised as a gardener.
Now Why should a spiritualized body be disguised as a gardener?
He was disguised because he was afraid of the Jews; but a spiritualized body does not need to be scared. Because according to Hebrews 9:27 :
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
Jesus himself said in the Gospel of Luke 20:36 :
and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.
Because if your spiritualized; you dont need to be afraid of anyone; no one can harm you. You can not die a second time.
The question is; If Jesus is spiritualized; why should he be disguised?
This proves; Jesus was not a spiritualized body; he was a physical body; he was alive.

Jesus then says; in the Gospel of John 20:16 :
Jesus said to her, “Mary.�
A persons tone; style of speech; is sufficient enough to be recognized by their loved ones.

Mary then replies(still in the same verse):
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!� (which means Teacher).
Jesus then says:
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me(do not touch me), for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’�
Why didn't he want to be touched?
Is he a bundle of dynamite that will explode on contact?
Because he was a physical body; imagine the physical pain & emotional pressure that he went through; his sores will hurt him if they were touched.
In the same verse; Jesus blatently states:
I have not yet returned to the Father
Meaning what?
Jesus is stating he has not yet died.

Further on its mentioned; in the Gospel of Matthew 12:38 :
Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, "Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you."
Maybe the Jews wanted something like flying in the air or walking on water; they wanted a miracle.
What is the reply Jesus Christ gives?
In the next two verses; the Gospel of Matthew 12:39-40 ; Jesus says:
He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Jesus could've said; go and ask XXXXX he was blind or had leprosy which i healed; he didn't refer to the 2000 pigs he killed to heal a possessed man; he doesn't refer to the 5000 men he fed with a single fish & bread.
He simply says: none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah

The question here is; was Jonah alive in the belly of the whale?
Yes he was. Jonah was alive; not only when he was thrown overboard; but when he was inside the belly of the whale.
Then Jesus was also alive as he prophecied.

Another point is; Jonah volunteers to be thrown overboard(Jonah 1:12); Jesus did not volunteer to be crucified; infact he screams while he was on the cross(Mark 15:34) there is a very apparant inconsistency here.

So how could Jesus be dead inside the tomb if he prophecied that he would be alive like Jonah?
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth
(Matthew 12:39-40)
If Jesus was like Jonah as he prophecied; then he would be alive.
If Jesus was not like Jonah as he prophecied; he would be a liar & only then he would be dead in the tomb; thus the prophecy would not be fulfilled.

Like Jesus says in his own words; he would be in the heart of the earth for three days & three nights
This prophecy was unfulfilled.
It was one day (Saturday) and two nights (Friday and Saturday); so as you can see; the biblical inconsistency is very blatent & evident.
No matter what verbal gymnastics you try to do; this prophecy was left unfulfilled.

Like the oxford & webster dictionary says; in order that you be 'crucified' you must die on the cross. I have proven Jesus did not die.

“That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise.�
[Qur'an 6:157–158]
Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" without being put to the test?
We have tested those before them, for GOD must distinguish those who are truthful, and He must expose the liars.

(Quran 29:2-3)

----
Why Jesus is NOT God
---

WinePusher

Post #33

Post by WinePusher »

Before we get into the itti bitti details, I'll just point out that the Bible says that Jesus died and rose, so what Murad is doing is equivalent to me trying to prove that the Beatles did not sing "Come Together" using their Abbey Road Album as proof. The Bible affirms that Jesus Died and Rose from the Dead.

The way this post is structured, it is difficult to do the typical quote by quote rebuttal, so I will address Murad's major points abstractally.

Murad wrote:If Jesus was 'Crucified'; that means Dying was compulsory.
If Jesus was 'Resurrected'; Dying was compulsory.

So the death of Jesus Christ is a necessity.

In this post; I will prove; using the Bible; Jesus did not die.
Yes, that's right. The physical death of Jesus is a prerequisite to the resurrection. We can go through the medical aspect of this, if you like. Such as:

-Extreme Trauma to the back and head and entire body through the scourging.
-Asphyxiation by Crucifiction
-Extreme stress brought on by sleep depraviation, and other factors such as lack of food and water

All of these points point give good evidence to an actual, physical death of Jesus.

Regarding the Question of whether Jesus was physically or spiritually raised
Murad wrote:The reason they thought Jesus was a spirit is they heard from hearsay that Jesus died on the Cross. They heard from hearsay that he was buried.
Murad wrote:In the most crucial juncture; ALL THE DISCIPLES deserted Jesus and fled. Therefore from hearsay; the disciples 'thought' Jesus was a spirit when they saw him standing infront of them alive.Jesus; to erase confusion said in Luke 24:39 :
Murad wrote:Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have.�
Murad wrote:What was he trying to prove when he showed them his hands and feet? Was he trying to prove he was resurrected?
HE WAS TRYING TO PROVE HE WAS NOT A SPIRIT THUS WAS NOT RESURRECTED
Firstly, I would like to know what your stance is. Do you claim that Jesus was

In the following verses; in Luke 24:41-43 :
And while they still did not believe it because of joy and amazement, he asked them, “Do you have anything here to eat?� They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate it in their presence.
Jesus ate infront of his disciples; to prove what; that he was a spirit?
No; to prove he was a physical body.

______
If there is no Crucifixtion and Resurrection then there is no Christianity
______


If you remember the story of Mary Magdalene when she goes to the tomb of Jesus on the 3rd day; its mentioned in the Gospel of John 20:1 aswell as the Gospel of Mark 16:2

The question is; Why did Mary Magdalene go to the Tomb ?
The reply is given in the verse earlier; in the Gospel of Mark 16:1 :
When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body.
The word used is 'anoint'; the original hebrew word is '"masaha"' which means to massage; or rub (oil).

I have a question:
Do Jews Massage dead bodies on the 3rd day?
or
Do Christians Massage dead bodies on the 3rd day?
The answer is NO

So why is she going to massage dead Jesus on the 3rd day?

Because she was the only one besides Joseph of Arimathea & Nicodemus who gave the burial bath to Jesus. And when Jesus was brought down from the Cross; she saw a bit of life left in him.
This would fulfill Jesus' prayer to the Father; not to die:
Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
(Luke 22:42)
This cup is the cup of death

Obviously she wasn't going to say: "His alive!"; because they would put him to death again.

So she comes back on the 3rd day(after the sabbath day); to look for a live Jesus; and its mentioned in the Gospel of John 20:1 & the Gospel of Mark 16:4 that she finds the STONE HAS BEEN REMOVED:
Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.
(John 20:1)

But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away.
(Mark 16:4)
The question is; Why was the Stone removed?
If Jesus was resurrected and was a spirit; do you think a door would stop him?
This proves; Jesus; when he came out of the tomb; was a physical body.

The tomb of Jesus was the private property of Joseph of Arimathea; who was a rich & influential Jew; and he carved a tomb(most likely for himself) in which Jesus was kept.

According to Jim Bishop (a Christian scholar) the tomb(or sepulchre) was 5 feet wide by 7 feet high by 15 feet deep with a ledge or ledges inside. So it was very roomy.
The question is: Why do you require a roomy tomb?

Further if we read; the Gospel of John 20:15 :
"Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
Jesus sees Mary Magdalene weeping and he comes to her and asks; "why are you crying"; knowing well the reason; but still asking.

The question here is; Why did Mary Magdalene suppose Jesus was a Gardener?
Or another question; Do resurrected bodies look like Gardeners?

The answer is very simple; Jesus was disguised as a gardener.
Now Why should a spiritualized body be disguised as a gardener?
He was disguised because he was afraid of the Jews; but a spiritualized body does not need to be scared. Because according to Hebrews 9:27 :
Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,
Jesus himself said in the Gospel of Luke 20:36 :
and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.
Because if your spiritualized; you dont need to be afraid of anyone; no one can harm you. You can not die a second time.
The question is; If Jesus is spiritualized; why should he be disguised?
This proves; Jesus was not a spiritualized body; he was a physical body; he was alive.

Jesus then says; in the Gospel of John 20:16 :
Jesus said to her, “Mary.�
A persons tone; style of speech; is sufficient enough to be recognized by their loved ones.

Mary then replies(still in the same verse):
She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, “Rabboni!� (which means Teacher).
Jesus then says:
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me(do not touch me), for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’�
Why didn't he want to be touched?
Is he a bundle of dynamite that will explode on contact?
Because he was a physical body; imagine the physical pain & emotional pressure that he went through; his sores will hurt him if they were touched.
In the same verse; Jesus blatently states:
I have not yet returned to the Father
Meaning what?
Jesus is stating he has not yet died.

Further on its mentioned; in the Gospel of Matthew 12:38 :
Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him, "Teacher, we want to see a miraculous sign from you."
Maybe the Jews wanted something like flying in the air or walking on water; they wanted a miracle.
What is the reply Jesus Christ gives?
In the next two verses; the Gospel of Matthew 12:39-40 ; Jesus says:
He answered, “A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
Jesus could've said; go and ask XXXXX he was blind or had leprosy which i healed; he didn't refer to the 2000 pigs he killed to heal a possessed man; he doesn't refer to the 5000 men he fed with a single fish & bread.
He simply says: none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah

The question here is; was Jonah alive in the belly of the whale?
Yes he was. Jonah was alive; not only when he was thrown overboard; but when he was inside the belly of the whale.
Then Jesus was also alive as he prophecied.

Another point is; Jonah volunteers to be thrown overboard(Jonah 1:12); Jesus did not volunteer to be crucified; infact he screams while he was on the cross(Mark 15:34) there is a very apparant inconsistency here.

So how could Jesus be dead inside the tomb if he prophecied that he would be alive like Jonah?
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth
(Matthew 12:39-40)
If Jesus was like Jonah as he prophecied; then he would be alive.
If Jesus was not like Jonah as he prophecied; he would be a liar & only then he would be dead in the tomb; thus the prophecy would not be fulfilled.

Like Jesus says in his own words; he would be in the heart of the earth for three days & three nights
This prophecy was unfulfilled.
It was one day (Saturday) and two nights (Friday and Saturday); so as you can see; the biblical inconsistency is very blatent & evident.
No matter what verbal gymnastics you try to do; this prophecy was left unfulfilled.

Like the oxford & webster dictionary says; in order that you be 'crucified' you must die on the cross. I have proven Jesus did not die.

“That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, God raised him up unto the himself; and God is Exalted in Power, Wise.�
[Qur'an 6:157–158]
[/quote]

Post Reply