The Resurrection

One-on-one debates

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

The Resurrection

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

WinePusher and Zzyzx have agreed to debate the topic Did the claimed resurrection of Jesus happen literally and physically?" (in the real world)
Zzyzx wrote:
WinePusher wrote:
Zzyzx wrote:I accept #2 with "resurrection" as the topic -- five posts each -- closely monitored H2H (to prevent personal comments and unsupported assertions). Perhaps the topic should be "Did the claimed resurrection of Jesus happen literally and physically?" (in the real world)

If you are willing and able, I am willing to open the topic in H2H with suggested "rules of engagement" to be discussed (prior to the five official posts).
A total of ten posts. The following pattern is preferable to me, if you consent we will follow it:

Round 1:

Post 1: WinePusher Presents Evidence for the Resurrection
Post 2: Zzyzx Presents Rebuttal
Post 3: WinePusher Presents Rebuttal To The Rebuttal
Post 4: Zzyzx Presents Final Rebuttal

Round 2:

Post 5: Zzyzx Presents Evidence for Historical Claim of his Choice
Post 6: WinePusher Presents Rebuttal
Post 7: Zzyzx Presents Rebuttal to The Rebuttal
Post 8: WinePusher Presents Final Rebuttal

Round 3:

Post 9: WinePusher presents concluding post summarizing why the Resurrection is equally, or better, supported than Zzyzx's claim.
Post 10: Zzyzx presents concluding post summarizing why his claim is better supported than the Resurrection or why the Resurrection probabaly did not occur in reality.
I accept the pattern and the topic as stated with no further qualification.

I further propose that:

1) The bible be considered NOT authoritative regarding claims of truth (only as source of what is claimed).

2) All claims and assertions be supported or formally retracted

3) NO personal comments of any kind

4) A time limit be agreed for response (possibly 3 or 5 days)
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #21

Post by Zzyzx »

WinePusher wrote:I will put my Post 9 up when I am ready to.
Take all the time you need -- to show that the "resurrection" is equally, or better, supported than the bombing of Hiroshima.

When you are done with that (or maybe before), I may make my final post showing "why the Resurrection probabaly did not occur in reality" or "why the bombing of Hiroshima is better supported than the Resurrection" -- though I don't think that either needs any further emphasis, particularly the latter.

Thank you for joining me in this demonstration of the contrast between a religious position and attitude vs. the position and attitude of a Non-Theist.
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence