Is homosexuality innate?
Subtitle: is there any scientific justification?
1. All arguments should be based on scientific evidence or studies that have been consistently and independently replicated. Absolutely no comments about politics, religion, and motives of debaters.
Due to many problems in the past forums, I request that otseng (forum site adminstrator) agree to enforce the part in the 2nd sentence about no politics, religion, and motives being discussed in the debate. Continued violation (more than once) of debate term #1, 2nd sentence, can result in the non-guilty party requesting to have the entire head-to-head debate thread deleted.
2. You must cite the source and relevant section (if its a long book or article) for all scientific sources.
3. No proselytizing or preaching. Regardless of your personal beliefs about LGBT identities (sinful, fabulous, etc.), stick to the evidence at hand. Blanket statements (e.g., "homosexuality is a sin!") are grounds for immediate forfeiture of the debate and closure of the thread.
4. No use of terms that are considered offensive to non-heterosexual people (offensive terms such as homosexual, transexual, etc).
5. This debate will last for 16 days the most, starting August 16, 2015 and ending on August 31, the latest, unless agreed upon by both of us in advance. Haven and I will have a maximum of 3 days at most to post a response to each others post which will put the debate on schedule to end on August 31, or sooner.
6. No side threads or comments should be made or created anywhere on the forum that's about our head-to-head until after the debate ends.
Post #1: Haven's opening argument
Post #2: OpenYourEyes intro/rebuttal
Post #3: Haven's rebuttal
Post #4: OpenYourEyes rebuttal
Post #5: Haven's closing argument
Post #6: OpenYourEyes closing argument
* Closing arguments can not contain any new evidence and/or arguments based on a topic or matter that was not covered earlier in the debate.
- Posts: 1803
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:23 pm
- Location: Tremonton, Utah
- Has thanked: 70 times
- Been thanked: 52 times