How old was Ahaziah the son of Jehoram?

One-on-one debates

Moderator: Moderators

InTheFlesh
Guru

How old was Ahaziah the son of Jehoram?

Post #1

Post by InTheFlesh »

This debate originated in another thread.
Here is the build up:
Muhammad is in bold.

"I've been waiting for a christian who is brave enough to debate his bible. I'm glad you are one of them. On the topic of does the bible contradict itself. Do you accept?"

I will accept if you agree to my terms.
I say there is no contradiction in the KJV bible from Genesis to Revelation.
I'm not looking to debate whether the books should or shouldn't be in the bible.
I'm not looking for your personal interpretation about what the bible says.
Another words, you need to say it with "scripture" to make your point.
I think it will be too much to cover the entire bible,
so you can pick one "contradiction" that you feel the strongest and I will debate you.
How does that sound?

That is great and fine by me but the same way goes for you we will use scripture to debate and prove our cases and not explanations from our own ideas about the matter. Also a point should not be moved on until there is acknowledgement of the truthness or the wrongness of each others arguements or the point seems to tarry too long then we move to the next point.
If you agree then then next move is settiing up the head to head.

Like I said,
I'm not going back and forth with you about the entire bible.
If you can make your point in one subject, you have made your point.
So pick your subject and we will debate that subject only.
I don't want to jump around. Tell me what specifically contradicts and then we can debate it.
Keep in mind that I will be making spiritual points,
but I will back them with scripture.

What would you like to debate?
What is your contradiction of choice?

Okay well here is point number one.
Ahaziah's age how old was ahaziah the son of Jehoram when he began to reign in jerusalem?
2nd Kings 8:26 Two and twenty years old [was] Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name [was] Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.

2nd chronicles 22:2 Forty and two years old [was] Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also [was] Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

Directly from your king james bible this is a contradiction! So how old was he? also how do we go directly to the head to head set up forum?

Are you ready to debate this and ONLY this in head to head?
There will be no point two. I told you to pick your strongest contradiction.
Either you will show that the bible is wrong or you won't.
You will not get a second shot in head to head with me.
Ready to start?
I will get it started after you respond.
Good Luck!

yup I am ready to start just tell me how he is twenty two years old when it says he is forty two in another part of the bible? we can start right now it doesnt matter because there is no way to clear up he fact that there are two different ages for ahaziah in the bible when he began to reign. So bring your proof for whatever your response is and use scripture only as you said before.

muhammad rasullah
Sage

Re: How old was Ahaziah the son of Jehoram?

Post #2

Post by muhammad rasullah »

InTheFlesh wrote:This debate originated in another thread.
Here is the build up:
Muhammad is in bold.

"I've been waiting for a christian who is brave enough to debate his bible. I'm glad you are one of them. On the topic of does the bible contradict itself. Do you accept?"

I will accept if you agree to my terms.
I say there is no contradiction in the KJV bible from Genesis to Revelation.
I'm not looking to debate whether the books should or shouldn't be in the bible.
I'm not looking for your personal interpretation about what the bible says.
Another words, you need to say it with "scripture" to make your point.
I think it will be too much to cover the entire bible,
so you can pick one "contradiction" that you feel the strongest and I will debate you.
How does that sound?

That is great and fine by me but the same way goes for you we will use scripture to debate and prove our cases and not explanations from our own ideas about the matter. Also a point should not be moved on until there is acknowledgement of the truthness or the wrongness of each others arguements or the point seems to tarry too long then we move to the next point.
If you agree then then next move is settiing up the head to head.

Like I said,
I'm not going back and forth with you about the entire bible.
If you can make your point in one subject, you have made your point.
So pick your subject and we will debate that subject only.
I don't want to jump around. Tell me what specifically contradicts and then we can debate it.
Keep in mind that I will be making spiritual points,
but I will back them with scripture.

What would you like to debate?
What is your contradiction of choice?

Okay well here is point number one.
Ahaziah's age how old was ahaziah the son of Jehoram when he began to reign in jerusalem?
2nd Kings 8:26 Two and twenty years old [was] Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother's name [was] Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.

2nd chronicles 22:2 Forty and two years old [was] Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also [was] Athaliah the daughter of Omri.

Directly from your king james bible this is a contradiction! So how old was he? also how do we go directly to the head to head set up forum?

Are you ready to debate this and ONLY this in head to head?
There will be no point two. I told you to pick your strongest contradiction.
Either you will show that the bible is wrong or you won't.
You will not get a second shot in head to head with me.
Ready to start?
I will get it started after you respond.
Good Luck!

yup I am ready to start just tell me how he is twenty two years old when it says he is forty two in another part of the bible? we can start right now it doesnt matter because there is no way to clear up he fact that there are two different ages for ahaziah in the bible when he began to reign. So bring your proof for whatever your response is and use scripture only as you said before.
Sorry for the long wait hope your still up for it. I didn't know the head-to-head was posted haven't been here for some time. But we can continue with this topic. State your answer to the contradiction which I have pointed out please.
Bismillahir rahmaanir Raheem \"In The Name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful\"