I'm Lost

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

Brad-sd

I'm Lost

Post #1

Post by Brad-sd »

I'm wondering if I share the same beliefs with anyone else. I've never studied religion or the different belief systems, so I'm not sure which group i'm supposed to be labeled under. :blink:

Maybe someone can point me to my own kind.

To put it in it's most blunt and basic form, without going into specifics. I believe that what we do here on earth is meaningless and has no effect whatsoever on our true mission, which is spiritual in nature.

I couldn't find anything on the board related to spiritual beliefs.

bernee51
Site Supporter

Re: I'm Lost

Post #2

Post by bernee51 »

Brad-sd wrote:I'm wondering if I share the same beliefs with anyone else. I've never studied religion or the different belief systems, so I'm not sure which group i'm supposed to be labeled under. :blink:

To put it in it's most blunt and basic form, without going into specifics. I believe that what we do here on earth is meaningless and has no effect whatsoever on our true mission, which is spiritual in nature.

get some tokens and start a group that you feel sets out your worldview.

The meaning of life is a life of meaning.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

GentleDove
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by GentleDove »

Brad-sd wrote:I'm wondering if I share the same beliefs with anyone else. I've never studied religion or the different belief systems, so I'm not sure which group i'm supposed to be labeled under. :blink:

I'm really glad you're here Brad-sd. This is a great place to find out about different beliefs and to test your beliefs for "as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another". From your brief description, your beliefs may fit into a kind of Hinduism or a type of nihilistic spiritual monism; however, I want to encourage you to explore all kinds of different religions, especially Christianity (obviously, I'm biased toward Christianity b/c I'm a Christian).

Welcome to the board!

GentleDove

youranilldonkey
Student

Post #4

Post by youranilldonkey »

Brad-sd wrote:. I believe that what we do here on earth is meaningless and has no effect whatsoever on our true mission, which is spiritual in nature.
How can you define in words, that which takes a lifetime to know?

Welcome to the board, I'm also very new here. Ask around, sit and observe, and come to a conclusion (if you can ever truly conclude) that you are happy with.

ali

Post #5

Post by ali »

brother,IF you search god, please read following passage. The Supreme Sign

The Observations of a Traveller Questioning the Universe Concerning His Maker

In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.

The seven heavens and the earth and all that is in them extol and glorify Him, and there is nothing but glorifies Him with praise, but you understand not their glorifying; indeed, He is Most Forebearing, Most Forgiving.

Indeed, every voyager who comes to the hospice and the realm of this world, opens his eyes and wonders who is the master of this fine hospice, which resembles a most generous banquet, a most ingenious exhibition, a most impressive camp and training ground, a most amazing and wondrous place of recreation, a most profound and wise place of instruction. He asks himself too who is the author of this great book, and who is the monarch of this lofty realm. There first presents itself to him the beautiful face of the heavens, inscribed with the gilt lettering of the stars. That face calls him saying, “Look at me, and I shall guide you to what you seek.�

He looks then and sees a manifestation of dominicality performing various tasks in the heavens: it holds aloft in the heavens, without any supporting pillar, hundreds of thousands of heavenly bodies, some of which are a thousand times heavier than the earth and revolve seventy times faster than a cannon-ball; it causes them to move in harmony and swiftly without colliding with each other; it causes innumerable lamps to burn constantly, without the use of any oil; it disposes of these great masses without any disturbance or disorder; it sets sun and moon to work at their respective tasks, without those great bodies ever rebelling; it administers within infinite space —the magnitude of which cannot be measured in figures should they stretch from pole to pole— all that exists, at the same time, with the same strength, in the same fashion, manner and mould, without the least deficiency; it reduces to submissive obedience to its law all the aggressive powers inherent in those bodies; it cleanses and lustrates the face of the heavens, removing all the sweepings and refuse of that vast assembly; it causes those bodies to manoeuvre like a disciplined army; and then, making the earth revolve, it shows the heavens each night and each year in a different form, like a cinema screen displaying true and imaginative scenes to the audience of creation.

There is within this dominical activity a truth consisting of subjugation, administration, revolution, ordering, cleansing, and employment. This truth, with its grandeur and comprehensiveness, bears witness to the necessary existence and unity of the Creator of the Heavens and testifies to that Existence being more manifest than that of the heavens. Hence it was said in the First Degree of the First Station:

There is no god but God, the Necessary Being, to Whose Necessary Existence in Unity the heavens and all they contain testify, through the testimony of the sublimity of the comprehensiveness of the truth of subjugation, administration, revolution, ordering, cleansing, and employment, a truth vast and perfect, and to be observed.

Then that wondrous place of gathering known as space or the atmosphere begins thunderously to proclaim to that traveller come as a guest to the world, “Look at me! You can discover and find through me the object of your search, the one who sent you here!� The traveller looks at the sour but kind face of the atmosphere, and listening to the awesome but joyous thunderclaps perceives the following.

The clouds, suspended between the sky and the earth, water the garden of the world in the most wise and merciful fashion, furnish the inhabitants of the earth with the water of life, modify the natural heat of life, and hasten to bestow aid wherever it is needed. In addition to fulfilling these and other duties, the vast clouds, capable of filling the heavens sometimes hide themselves, with their parts retiring to rest so that not a trace can be seen, just like a well-disciplined army showing and hiding itself in accordance with sudden orders.

Then, the very instant the command is given to pour down rain, the clouds gather in one hour, or rather in a few minutes; they fill the sky and await further orders from their commander.

Next the traveller looks at the wind in the atmosphere and sees that the air is employed wisely and generously in such numerous tasks that it is as if each of the inanimate atoms of that unconscious air were hearing and noting the orders coming from that monarch of the universe; without neglecting a single one of them, it performs them in ordered fashion and through the power of the monarch. Thereby it gives breath to all beings and conveys to all living things the heat, light, and electricty they need, and transmits sound, as well as aiding in the pollination of plants.

The traveller then looks at the rain and sees that within those delicate, glistening sweet drops, sent from a hidden treasury of mercy, there are so many compassionate gifts and functions contained that it is as if mercy itself were assuming shape and flowing forth from the dominical treasury in the form of drops. It is for this reason that rain has been called “mercy.�

Next the traveller looks at the lightning and listens to the thunder and ses that both of these, too, are employed in wondrous tasks.

Then taking his eyes off these, he looks to his own intellect and says: “The inanimate, lifeless cloud that resembles carded cotton has of course no knowledge of us; when it comes to our aid, it is not because it takes pity on us. It cannot appear and disappear without receiving orders. Rather it acts in accordance with the orders of a most powerful and compassionate commander. First it diasppears without leaving a trace, then suddenly reappears in order to begin its work. By the command and power of a most active and exalted, a most magnificent and splendid, monarch, it fills and then empties the atmosphere. Inscribing the sky with wisdom and erasing the pattern, it makes of the sky a tablet of effacement and affirmation, a depiction of the gathering and the resurrection. By the contriving of a most generous and bountiful, a most munificent and solicitous sustainer, a ruler who regulates and disposes, it mounts the wind and taking with it treasuries of rain each as heavy as a mountain, hastens to the aid of the needy. It is as if it were weeping over them in pity, with its tears causing the flowers to smile, tempering the heat of the sun, spraying gardens with water, and washing and cleansing the face of the earth.�

That wondering traveller then tells his own intellect: “These hundreds of thousands of wise, merciful and ingenious tasks and acts of generosity and mercy that arise from the veil and outer form of this inanimate, lifeless, unconscious, volatile, unstable, stormy, unsettled, and inconstant air, clearly establish that this diligent wind, this tireless servant, never acts of itself, but rather in accordance with the orders of a most powerful and knowing, a most wise and generous commander. It is as if each particle were aware of every single task, like a soldier understanding and hearkening to every order of its commander, for it hears and obeys every dominical command that courses through the air. It aids all animals to breathe and to live, all plants to pollinate and grow, and cultivates all the matter necessary for their survival. It directs and administers the clouds, makes possible the voyaging of sailing ships, and enables sounds to be conveyed, particularly by means of wireless, telephone, telegraph and radio, as well as numerous other universal functions.

“Now these atoms, each composed of two such simple materials as hydrogen and oxygen and each resembling the other, exist in hundreds of thousands of different fashions all over the globe; I conclude therefore that they are being employed and set to work in the utmost orderliness by a hand of wisdom.

“As the verse makes clear,

And the disposition of the winds and the clouds, held in disciplined order between the heavens and the earth,8

the one who through the disposition of the winds employs them in countless dominical functions, who through the ordering of the clouds uses them in infinite tasks of mercy, and who creates the air in this fashion — such a one can only be the Possessor of Necessary Existence, the One Empowered over All Things and Knowledgeable of All Things, the Sustainer endowed with Glory and Generosity.� This is the conclusion our traveller now draws.

Then he looks at the rain and sees that within it are contained benefits as numerous as the raindrops, and dominical manifestations as multiple as the particles of rain, and instances of wisdom as plentiful as its atoms. Those sweet, delicate and blessed drops are moreover created in so beautiful and ordered a fashion, that particularly the rain sent in the summertime, is despatched and caused to fall with such balance and regularity that not even stormy winds that cause large objects to collide can destroy its equilibrium and order; the drops do not collide with each other or merge in such fashion as to become harmful masses of water. Water, composed of two simple elements like hydrogen and oxygen, is employed in hundreds of thousands of other wise, purposeful tasks and arts, particularly in animate beings; although it is itself inanimate and unconscious. Rain which is then the very embodiment of Divine Mercy can only be manufactured in the unseen treasury of mercy of One Most Compassionate and Merciful, and on its descent expounds in physical form the verse:

And He it is Who sends down rain after men have despaired, and thus spreads out His Mercy. for more information look www.saidnur.com (from risale-i nur collection,rays, the seventh ray) O:) [/i][/b]

justforme
Student

Post #6

Post by justforme »

bernee51 wrote:

The meaning of life is to become a better person and if there are rewards you might be surprised, starting with better health by overcoming resentments and anger.
God changes our natures and that is worth it all.
I don't call it a religion, I call it spiritual path that leads to God.

PS I have no religion, I do not study, I do not go to church either.

The meaning of life is a life of meaning.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by ttruscott »

The meaning behind creation is the heavenly experience of a full, loving and holy telepathic communion of God with all HIS Family in all of created reality for eternity.

The method of finding those who wanted this heavenly experience was to give us the ability to make free will decisions which found those who did want HIS heavenly experience but some chose against it and become eternally evil.

The meaning behind the creation of the earth and mankind is the eradication of all evil from HIS created reality (by sanctification or by judgment) so the heavenly experience may begin.

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

bluethread
Savant

Post #8

Post by bluethread »

If you are looking for a label, the one that matches the OP it Platonist. However, your description is rather general. There are theistis platonists and atheistic platonists, Cristian platonists and buddist platonists, clasical platonists and neo platonists, etc. However, some serious platonists might find that designation inaccurate, because it does not include all of the views of Plato.

Artie
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by Artie »

ttruscott wrote:The method of finding those who wanted this heavenly experience was to give us the ability to make free will decisions which found those who did want HIS heavenly experience but some chose against it and become eternally evil.
So no Hindus or Buddhists or atheists or agnostics in Heaven then because we are all evil?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by ttruscott »

Artie wrote:
ttruscott wrote:The method of finding those who wanted this heavenly experience was to give us the ability to make free will decisions which found those who did want HIS heavenly experience but some chose against it and become eternally evil.
So no Hindus or Buddhists or atheists or agnostics in Heaven then because we are all evil?
Everyone born on earth is evil. Some will be converted and sanctified and some will be banished outside of created reality. Christianity suggests there is no way to know who is who in life...so ask not about particular people, I do not know.

This is pretty ordinary Christian stuff, eh?

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.