Dreams..

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

Creed
Apprentice

Dreams..

Post #1

Post by Creed »

First off, I could control my dreams since I was 9 years old. I make things happen, alter things, create things, fly, and do whatever I want.

Then one time, I was dreaming, I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't do anything. It was when I was 16 when I had my first experience. In February of 2004 I had the first dream that I could not control.

In this dream everything was normal, everything. It lasted about 10 seconds. The dream really bugged me. I remember every dream I've ever had, and this was the only one that I cared about.

Six or seven months passed and I went camping with my cousin and my dad. I thought nothing of the campsite, I had never seen it before. Everything was new. After setting up our camper I went inside to sit down, unzipped the window by my bed, and got a weird feeling, an overpowering sense of familiarity. I held my breath, I looked strait at the door as I had in the dream, knowing the exact moment it would open, as it did, and for a full ten seconds I wasn't in control of my body. Everything happened as it did in the dream.

I then had another dream about a month later, another one I couldn't control. So I documented it in a journal I found in the morning. Over the course of 5 years I have documented 28 dreams, and 27 reoccurred down to the t. The final dream I broke what happened, which was a lot harder for me to do then that sounded.

The longer the dream, the closer the vision, the shorter the dream the further away it is.

I have drawn multiple pictures of visions from my dreams, and shared them with the participating parties who all could not deal with it.

I don't know what to make of it all. I don't know what to believe. It has both made me question and confirm my faith; and question it again.

VermilionUK
Scholar

Post #2

Post by VermilionUK »

Personal experience is such a difficult thing to evaluate or question, since it is different depending on the individual.

However, what is unusual is that you claim that the event/place was perfectly similar to the dream, which is certainly hard to grasp - although perhaps emotions/feelings you've had after the dream have maybe altered your memory of the dream itself - thus making you feel like you've dreamed about the place before, when in-fact you have not - but your memory of the place in the dream has altered to fit around this assumtion. Just my take on it.

Also, you say it has confirmed your faith - why is this? Moreover, in what way do you link the dream to a God/spiritual presence?

Coyotero
Scholar

Post #3

Post by Coyotero »

I don't know what you believe, but there is a commonly held belief in many pagan traditions that when dreaming, the mind exists the body and goes looking elsewhere.

With practice and lots of patience, one can enter this state at will, without needing to be asleep. In Asatru we call these arts Spae and Seidr (Spae is the act of seeing, Seidr is the act of doing). Most shamanic traditions place a heavy emphasis on trance work, as it can give you much important information about yourself and the world around you. Some believe that with practice, you can use this to affect physical change in your world. If you are having lucid dreams (Dreams which you can control and influence), then you're already at a good starting point.

You should try to find some mugwort at a local pagan or herbal store. Simply putting some in a cloth bag under your pillow will help you dream even more clearly. You can also mix it into bathwater and bathe in it before bed. If you're really brave, you can make a tea with it, though the taste can be hard to stomach (I recommend adding lots of honey.).

There is some interesting scientific research going on that indicates this may be much more than a religious delusion, I'll see if I can dig that up and get back to you.