Women Preachers

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

UHCAIan

Women Preachers

Post #1

Post by UHCAIan »

Im new here I just started here today. I think this could fit under the belief section. My topic is on women preaching,pastoring,and leading in the church. Do you all think its right?

I have a female pastor, I can tell the Holy Spirit is in her. Our church has grown under her leadership.

Scriptures I think support it(if I am wrong please let me know.)
-Acts 2:17-21
-Acts 18:18-28 (because Priscilla's name is written first,unusual in Paul's time)
-Romans 16
-Romans 16:7

Scriptures I think are against(if I am wrong correct me.)
-1 Corinthians 11
-2 Timothy 2:11-15

Those are scriptures I could find right off. I don't have a problem with women preaching,like I said my pastor is a woman and she is truly anointed. I believe God call who he wants to call. What do you all believe?

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #41

Post by Yahu »

ThatGirlAgain wrote: Now I understand where you are coming from. Women are inherently evil and must be subjugated lest they taint the purity of men.

No pont in carrying on this conversation. Obviously women cannot be priests because they are witches.
Yet more nonsense. I never implied men are without error. It is just easier for women to fall into that type of error because it is rooted in rebellion.

Biblically women are under their father's authority until they marry and under their husband's authority after they marry. To refuse that authority opens the door for error. Men can be just as guilty of rebellion.

In the secular world, women are totally equal but not in the authority structure of the family or the church authority according to scripture so either you believe scripture or you don't. That is between you and God.

Did I imply all women are witches? No but I do have actual experience with witches that were pagan priestesses and I know the attributes that led them into that evil. No they were not involved in cannibalism but they did save blood from abortions for their witchcraft. One of the girls had already had 23 abortions when I knew her. Yes they did use curses and harmful spells but a sterility curse was the only thing close to 'stealing men's penis'. They were very active in trying to control men sexually. They were also a major distributor of date rape drugs to make women bitter and angry against men.

I have seen the evil that comes from women that want to rule over men carried to the extreme. People died in that conflict.

Felix
Student

Post #42

Post by Felix »

ThatGirlAgain wrote:Like I said you can quote mine anything you want from the Bible. And as Cardinal Newman said, first figure out the 'truth' then look for scripture to support it.
Appealing to clear statements from the Bible is quote mining, but taking great liberties with quotes isn't quote mining?

BAD?: "An overseer is to be a man [of one wife]...." therefor an overseer is to be a man.

GOOD?: "Greet Prisca and Aquila..." therefor women can be overseers.
Now I understand where you are coming from. Women are inherently evil and must be subjugated lest they taint the purity of men.
I wouldn't have argued women are evil. But, that they're different, and leading is not something they're strong in. Other than pleasing feminists, I so no benefit in the principle that women are equally capable of leading as men. But, I see much harm in it. Denominations with female leaders tend to embrace even more anti-biblical (evil) things. (e.g. Which denomination allows homosexual leaders without first allowing female leaders?) And, given that the Bible is very clear that women are not to be leaders, there's a valid argument that a woman who wants to be a leader is guilty of rebellion.

Yahu
Banned
Banned

Post #43

Post by Yahu »

ThatGirlAgain wrote: Obviously women cannot be priests because they are witches.
No, just the women that want to rule over men.

So a question for you, should a wife lead and guide her husband or rule over him forcing him to her will?

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #44

Post by Baz »

I’ve come across what I would describe as outlandish points of view in the past but I think some of what is being said in this thread is as unbelievably out of date, as promoting slavery, stoning or child labour.
Does it have to follow that in an effort to keep to old translations we have to live in the Stone Age?
:shock:
\"Give me a good question over a good answer anyday.\"

Felix
Student

Post #45

Post by Felix »

Baz wrote:I’ve come across what I would describe as outlandish points of view in the past but I think some of what is being said in this thread is as unbelievably out of date, as promoting slavery, stoning or child labour.
Does it have to follow that in an effort to keep to old translations we have to live in the Stone Age?
:shock:
An idea may be "out of date", but "out of date" is not a valid argument. The idea is so out of date that even conservative Christians these days often limit the idea to only their church, rather than to their view of the way society should function.

But, the idea of sex bias is still current. Whereas before women may have been kept out of leadership for being female, undeserving women (without regard to them being women) are being given positions of leadership because they are female.

Logomachist
Student

Re: Women Preachers

Post #46

Post by Logomachist »

Yahu wrote:Rebellion against a male authority opens the door to witchcraft which leads to full blown Jezebel.
It sounds like the real issue is with women rebelling and trying to usurp power inside a culture that is heavily sexist. In light of shifting cultural mores, wouldn't it stand to reason that females attaining positions of power is no longer rebellion? It's normal. And therefore not spiritually dangerous?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by McCulloch »

ThatGirlAgain wrote: Women are inherently evil and must be subjugated lest they taint the purity of men.
No, the point that Paul makes is that women are more easily deceived.
Yahu wrote: I have seen the evil that comes from women that want to rule over men carried to the extreme. People died in that conflict.
I have seen the evil that comes from men that want to rule over women carried to the extreme. People have died in that conflict.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #48

Post by McCulloch »

Yahu wrote: So a question for you, should a wife lead and guide her husband or rule over him forcing him to her will?
Similarly, should a man lead and guide his wife or rule over her forcing her to his will? I don't think that either spouse should rule over the other. Paul, on the other hand, believes that the man is the head of his wife as Christ is head over the church.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #49

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

McCulloch wrote:
ThatGirlAgain wrote: Women are inherently evil and must be subjugated lest they taint the purity of men.
We had gone beyond talking about Paul. Although the grammar is a bit of an obstacle, the argument seemed to be: Refusing male authority = rebellion = usurping power = witchcraft. Paul never talked about women being witches. That is where I got off the bus.
ThatGirlAgain wrote:
Yahu wrote: Women that refuse male authority are guilty of rebellion. That brings about usurping power over others which is the basis of witchcraft hence 'rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft'. Witchcraft brings is other error until they degenerate into a full blown Jezebel trying to control men.
Now I understand where you are coming from. Women are inherently evil and must be subjugated lest they taint the purity of men.
The Malleus Maleficarum accuses witches of infanticide, cannibalism, casting evil spells to harm their enemies, and having the power to steal men’s penises. It goes on to give accounts of witches committing these crimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Ma ... jor_themes
No poInt in carrying on this conversation. Obviously women cannot be priests because they are witches.
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell

Burninglight
Guru

Post #50

Post by Burninglight »

ThatGirlAgain wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
We had gone beyond talking about Paul. Although the grammar is a bit of an obstacle, the argument seemed to be: Refusing male authority = rebellion = usurping power = witchcraft. Paul never talked about women being witches. That is where I got off the bus.
ThatGirlAgain wrote:
Yahu wrote: Women that refuse male authority are guilty of rebellion. That brings about usurping power over others which is the basis of witchcraft hence 'rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft'. Witchcraft brings is other error until they degenerate into a full blown Jezebel trying to control men.
The Malleus Maleficarum accuses witches of infanticide, cannibalism, casting evil spells to harm their enemies, and having the power to steal men’s penises. It goes on to give accounts of witches committing these crimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Ma ... jor_themes
No poInt in carrying on this conversation. Obviously women cannot be priests because they are witches.
Paul also said there is not male nor female in Christ Jesus & in the OT, God said, "I will do a new thing; a woman shall encompass a man" I don't know what that means, but I don't think it means rule over us men! There is a secular saying that says the one who rocks the cradle rules the world. I don't know about that, but NO MAN can deny the influential authority woman have on men. It is way more powerful than we men are willing to admit. We need God's power & wisdom to be spiritual leaders.