Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

Jagella
Banned
Banned

The "Born-Again Christian" Experience

Post #1

Post by Jagella »

I have some questions about how people become converts to evangelical or fundamentalist Christianity. My questions include but are not limited to the following:
  • When did you have your conversion experience?
    What was your world-view prior to conversion (atheism, Roman Catholicism, mainstream Protestant, non-Christian religion, etc.)?
    Did you hear anything on radio, read anything or watch anything on TV or video that influenced your decision to convert?
    Did any people you know encourage you to convert?
    Did you have any experiences that led you to become born-again?
    Were you eager to convert, or did you have some misgivings?
    After you converted, were your experiences as a Christian all positive, or did you have some negative experiences?
    Would you say that Christianity has improved the quality of life? What did you gain, and did you have any losses?
    Do you ever have doubts about fundamental Christian claims, or are you certain that it's all true?
    Do you share your conversion experience with others hoping they will follow your example?
Thanks!

Jagella

Xian Pugilist

Post #21

Post by Xian Pugilist »

Slopeshoulder wrote:
Xian Pugilist wrote: I'm a heretic. And a self proclaimed Xian Agnostic. Which any honest "believer" would claim as well. My beliefs are very much against most fundamental Xians. But there is a big picture and details, and usually they are close among the variables. But, I'm distinctively a problem for them all. It's sorta lonely sometimes.

Do you share your conversion experience with others hoping they will follow your example?

What experience. It's a commitment. Being XIAN is a job not a title. Biblically speaking everyone I know, abuses the word Born Again and makes a claim they dn't YET live up to, and may not if they think they are there.
Well, whaddya know? We pretty much agree.

If u won't tell, I won't tell.