Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Are the beliefs presented through Edgar Cayce coherent

Post #1

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello,

I realize that the material presented through EC isn't as well known as other faith systems. For a relatively brief description of what we believe here is the link.
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce03.html

This is a new experience in the sense that this is perhaps a more formal debate than I'm used to. Anyway here it goes.

My claim is that the theology which came through Edgar Cayce is coherent.

1. It is coherent within itself. There are no aspects of the theology that don't make sense.

2. It is coherent in the sense it supports the highest claims with regards to the morality of God. We believe in reincarnation. There isn't the type of hell as given in Christianity. With regards to the problems encountered on earth, (problem of evil) we have an ultimate goal for being here which involves learning through experiences. It's necesary that we go through some hard times in order to learn from these various lifetimes.

3. It is coherent with regards to the highest ideals of an individual. Corresponding to reincarnation is the law of karma. Karma can either be what we would consider good or bad. All the choices we make inlife will need to be met either in this life or in a future lifetime.