Is there more evidence for Santa Claus, or more for God?

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

atheist1
Student

Is there more evidence for Santa Claus, or more for God?

Post #1

Post by atheist1 »

I am struck by how similar the evidentiary cases are for Santa Claus and God. For example:

1. Both have believers and non-believers
2. Both receive requests for favors and answer some of them with the requested result
3. Both are written about extensively
4. Both are praised in song
5. While some claim to have seen them, they are generally unseen
6. Both have magical powers, and know if you have been bad or good
7. They both act in ways that can always also be attributed to natural actions
8. Both live in an unseen place

Are there others that I'm missing?

Is there any evidence for one that doesn't apply to the other?

gospelsaves
Student

Re: Is there more evidence for Santa Claus, or more for God?

Post #21

Post by gospelsaves »

I would add that -- you'll pardon the expression -- resurrecting a thread that's been inactive for more than a year indicates that you might not have enough to do. Why not participate in some current threads? If there are none that suit you, why not start your own?
So now I can't have an opinion about a topic?
And if this indicates that I 'might not have enough to do" what does it indicate the fact that you took time out of your day to respond to me? :-k

cnorman18

Post #22

Post by cnorman18 »

gospelsaves wrote:
I would add that -- you'll pardon the expression -- resurrecting a thread that's been inactive for more than a year indicates that you might not have enough to do. Why not participate in some current threads? If there are none that suit you, why not start your own?
So now I can't have an opinion about a topic?
Um, around here we call that "putting words in another's mouth." I never said that.
And if this indicates that I 'might not have enough to do" what does it indicate the fact that you took time out of your day to respond to me? :-k
If you come here looking for a fight, you will no doubt find many more than one. I was just making a friendly observation and a suggestion.

gospelsaves
Student

Post #23

Post by gospelsaves »

Um, around here we call that "putting words in another's mouth." I never said that
If you come here looking for a fight, you will no doubt find many more than one. I was just making a friendly observation and a suggestion.
Yeah well I never said I was "looking for a fight" either. So now who is the one putting words in someones mouth? I wasn't looking to fight with anyone. I simply responded to something I found interesting. And your observation/suggestion doesn't sound all that darn friendly to me.

cnorman18

Post #24

Post by cnorman18 »

gospelsaves wrote:
Um, around here we call that "putting words in another's mouth." I never said that
Yeah well I never said I was "looking for a fight" either. So now who is the one putting words in someones mouth? I wasn't looking to fight with anyone. I simply responded to something I found interesting. And your observation/suggestion doesn't sound all that darn friendly to me.
From where I sit, the hostile and combative tone of your posts speaks for itself.

I don't see that we have anything to talk about. Be well.

marizfaith
Student

Post #25

Post by marizfaith »

cnorman18 wrote:
gospelsaves wrote:
From where I sit, the hostile and combative tone of your posts speaks for itself.

I don't see that we have anything to talk about. Be well.
Peace brothers. Both of you meant well, its just a misunderstanding. BTW I dont think they are the same. Santa Is more like a messenger of god imo.