Question for Christians about Universe Theory

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

MrSigmund77
Student

Question for Christians about Universe Theory

Post #1

Post by MrSigmund77 »

Last edited by MrSigmund77 on Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fides et Veritas

Re: Question for Christians about Universe Theory

Post #11

Post by Fides et Veritas »

Burninglight wrote:
Fides et Veritas wrote:
MrSigmund77 wrote:What would be your response to the statement "God did not create the universe, God IS the universe."
I guess for me, the only problem I see is philosophy instead of truth. Many attempt reason God into and out of things instead of just letting God tell you what he thinks, wants, expects and feels. I feel this statement is akin to telling us what the author 'thinks' about God instead of telling us what God says about himself.

For example the Bible clearly and concisely describes God as a spirit being, Composed of spirit matter. Not composed of physical matter as we and our universe are. God created something entirely different from himself when he made man. Though we are designed to be like God in the end and to join the God Family. God made us a little lower than the angels for a short time. But we are destined to be greater. God is reproducing himself through man. When this transformation is complete then we will look back on questions like this and probably roll our new spirit composed eyes.

My two cents,

Have a blessed day.
Entirely different? Did not god say, "Let us make man in our image and likness?"
Yes. Considering I was speaking specifically about matter both physical and spiritual. I would say yes entirely different. I was not referring to shape, looks or visual design. Just the material composition of us and our universe verses the Creator of. Though I do concede that it could have been more clear. But being a human like I am, I guess mistakes happen.
Last edited by Fides et Veritas on Thu May 17, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by ttruscott »

Adstar wrote:
MrSigmund77 wrote:What would be your response to the statement "God did not create the universe, God IS the universe."
I would say it was a new age teaching that has nothing to do with the Actual God of Abraham who is the creator of the universe and is not the created.

To Christians there is a definite difference between God and His creation.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
What he said....

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #13

Post by Burninglight »

What would be your response if God told you any of the following: "Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and sup with him and him with me" or "I have place before you life and death I would that you choose life" or "I am the way the Truth and the Life no one comes to God except through me" or "You will die in your sins if your do not believe I am He" or I am the resurrection and the life"
Peace to truth seekers

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by sleepyhead »

Burninglight wrote:
What would be your response if God told you any of the following: "Behold I stand at the door and knock. If any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and sup with him and him with me" or "I have place before you life and death I would that you choose life" or "I am the way the Truth and the Life no one comes to God except through me" or "You will die in your sins if your do not believe I am He" or I am the resurrection and the life"
Peace to truth seekers
Hello Burninglight,

Could you provide the location of the highlighted quote. I don't recall it.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.

Fides et Veritas

Post #15

Post by Fides et Veritas »

sleepyhead wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Peace to truth seekers

Hello Burninglight,

John 8:24 it might be a NIV transalation.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #16

Post by Burninglight »

Fides et Veritas wrote:
sleepyhead wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Peace to truth seekers

Hello Burninglight,

John 8:24 it might be a NIV transalation.
Jn 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. I hope this helps
Last edited by Burninglight on Fri May 18, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #17

Post by Burninglight »

sleepyhead wrote:
Burninglight wrote:
Peace to truth seekers
Hello Burninglight,

Jn. 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

otseng
Savant

Post #18

Post by otseng »

ttruscott wrote: What he said....
Moderator Comment

Please avoid the one-liner responses. You are free to say the above as long as you add something else that is substantive to the post. Otherwise it adds no value to the debate.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.

Burninglight
Guru

Post #19

Post by Burninglight »

otseng wrote:
ttruscott wrote: What he said....
Moderator Comment

Please avoid the one-liner responses. You are free to say the above as long as you add something else that is substantive to the post. Otherwise it adds no value to the debate.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.
Thank you for your comment. I will PM you about it