The crucifixion restored equaltiy

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

maggic

The crucifixion restored equaltiy

Post #1

Post by maggic »

I really don't belong to a specific religion -- the truth is that the Bible confuses me. But nevertheless I still believe in God and in Jesus Christ. I believe that the death of Jesus Christ -- the cross -- brought us back to Eden so to speak -- meaning that women and men are equal again. Adam and Eve before the fall were equals. We may be different physically in strength, child bearing, and other things but essentially we are equals. Most men don't want to admit to this. They rather see us less than them. They want women to submit to them. In Eden there were two trees -- the tree of life which represents the cross and the tree of knowledge which represents the mind and the senses. God wants us to experience Him and life thru the cross and not thru the mind and senses which is an illusion and distorts things. I say that if you are a Christian than you have to see men and women as equals.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #2

Post by Adstar »

I see woman and men as being complementary. That’s why most find there way into a relationship with the other.

I do not see the issue as of eternal importance because both men and women fall very far below God, we are not Gods equals and as far as i am concerned because all fall short of God getting all worked up about degrees is a waste of emotional energy.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Nilloc James
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Nilloc James »

Adstar wrote:I see woman and men as being complementary. That’s why most find there way into a relationship with the other.

I do not see the issue as of eternal importance because both men and women fall very far below God, we are not Gods equals and as far as i am concerned because all fall short of God getting all worked up about degrees is a waste of emotional energy.

All Praise The Ancient of Days
This sounds like a way to justify sexism (not accusing you of, but some prossibly use this line of reasoning).

"It doesn't matter that women are under men because both are under god." is a valid interpretation of your position (not saying it is one you hold).

Logomachist
Student

Crucifixion and gender equality

Post #4

Post by Logomachist »

maggic wrote:I really don't belong to a specific religion -- the truth is that the Bible confuses me. But nevertheless I still believe in God and in Jesus Christ.
I would therefore consider you Christian.

maggic wrote: In Eden there were two trees -- the tree of life which represents the cross and the tree of knowledge which represents the mind and the senses. God wants us to experience Him and life thru the cross and not thru the mind and senses which is an illusion and distorts things.
What does approaching God through the cross mean? What does it mean to approach God through the mind and senses?

In Eden, mankind wasn't supposed to eat from either tree, why should be approach Him through the tree of life now? By analogy, shouldn't we avoid approaching God through the cross AND the mind/senses?

maggic wrote:Adam and Eve before the fall were equals.
I take it you don't buy into the Lilith variant then?

FWIW it took almost 2000 years since the crucifixion (and Feminism) for females to obtain complete equivalence with males. Why do you attribute women's equality to Jesus?