Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

McCulloch
Site Supporter

What is Luciferianism?

Post #1

Post by McCulloch »

What is Luciferianism?

Is it more than just rebelion against societal norms? Is it a serious religion with a well thought out theology and philosophy?

Isn't Lucifer the name of a spirit in the Christian pantheon? Wouldn't that make Luciferianism a derivative religion? How is it different from Satanism? Are they two related belief systems like Methodism and Presbyterianism?

How many generations has modern Luciferianism been active?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

tomcat3443
Student

Re: What is Luciferianism?

Post #11

Post by tomcat3443 »

Cain wrote:
McCulloch wrote:What is Luciferianism?
Funny you should ask . . . :whistle:
Is it more than just rebelion against societal norms?
Rebellion against norms of society is called Antinomianism.
Is it a serious religion with a well thought out theology and philosophy?
Luciferianism & Satanism are very serious and extremely well thought out philosophies, in actuality there exist many legal corporations under the such heading in contrast to many of the 'unrecognized' belief systems that are out there.
Isn't Lucifer the name of a spirit in the Christian pantheon? Wouldn't that make Luciferianism a derivative religion?
Luciferians do not adhere to any Abrahamic concepts, therefore Lucifer is an archetypal structure in which we use. The name Prometheus could also be used, the name itself is irrelevant actually, as the Principle is the point.

The term Lucifer in fourth century Latin was a name for Venus, especially as the morning star. The Latin word Lucifer is composed of two words: lux, or in the genitive form used lucis, (meaning "light") and ferre, which means "to bear" or "to bring." So, the word Lucifer means bearer of light.
How is it different from Satanism? Are they two related belief systems like Methodism and Presbyterianism?
Satan is a personification of the Judaic word al-satan or ha-satan (who borrowed it from the Persians' Shaiten) meaning adversary. The word is used more as a descriptive noun or pronoun. A fallen tree preventing a husband from getting to his injured wife would be considered a tree of shaiten, more or less.

Shaiten did not become Satan until much later where Jewish sects / tribes particularly the Essenes who began referring to anyone not an Essene as the Shaiten. Still further on the Roman Christian church decided it was time to personify Shaiten into Satan and have Him become the scapegoat for all evil in the Christian world.

If you are asking 'Do Luciferians Worship Satan' the answer is no. We do not worship Satan nor even believe in Satan. The Adversary is a trans-cultural archetype which existed long before Christianity began in the form of Samael, Ahriman and the feminine aspect being Lilith.

How many generations has modern Luciferianism been active?
The concept of Luciferianism is as old as Mankind, Lucifer is a Collective Name/Umbrella term for Spiritual Freedom, it is about Gnosis.

Lucifer is a Collective Name for Spiritual Freedom, it is about Gnosis, particularly Luciferian Gnosis. Luciferians understand that archetypal images such as demons and angels or any form of god are merely archetypal images embedded within our unconsciousness and can be used towards stirring the Psyche in order to help momentarily change the current objective universe.

Lucifer is the Principle of gnosis, truth and Divine knowledge. A Luciferian symbolizes progress and intellectual inquiry, it through the Luciferian Aeon that humanity first climbed down from the trees and it has represented the flow of progress ever since.

Yet, Lucifer may be more than a metaphor for rebellion, enlightenment and advancement - as the pure creative and motive light, Lucifer may actually be the key to life itself . . .

The DNA within the nuclei of all cells of living creatures contains biophotons or ultra-weak proton emissions - in other words, light! A dynamic web of light constantly released and absorbed by the DNA connects cells, tissues and organs and serve as the organism's main communication network.

The Luciferic Archetype is on the move inside you and me, chattering between cell and cell, rousing the cohorts of the life-force, keeping us alive and wonderful. "Every man and woman is a star" as Crowley proclaimed - and we all have our own Inner Light.

- Thank you McCulloch for this opportunity
- Cain
I know not of any such religion, its the first time I have heard of such a thing. But I can tell you a little about the word Lucifer. And then I will research this religion. The name Lucifer occurs once in the Scriptures and only in some versions of the Bible. For example, the King James Version renders Isaiah 14:12: “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!�

The Hebrew word translated “Lucifer� means “shining one.� The Septuagint uses the Greek word that means “bringer of dawn.� Hence, some translations render the original Hebrew “morning star� or “Daystar.� But Jerome’s Latin Vulgate uses “Lucifer� (light bearer), and this accounts for the appearance of that term in various versions of the Bible.

Who is this Lucifer? The expression “shining one,� or “Lucifer,� is found in what Isaiah prophetically commanded the Israelites to pronounce as a “proverbial saying against the king of Babylon.� Thus, it is part of a saying primarily directed at the Babylonian dynasty. That the description “shining one� is given to a man and not to a spirit creature is further seen by the statement: “Down to Sheol you will be brought.� Sheol is the common grave of mankind—not a place occupied by Satan the Devil. Moreover, those seeing Lucifer brought into this condition ask: “Is this the man that was agitating the earth?� Clearly, “Lucifer� refers to a human, not to a spirit creature.—Isaiah 14:4, 15, 16.

Why is such an eminent description given to the Babylonian dynasty? We must realize that the king of Babylon was to be called the shining one only after his fall and in a taunting way. (Isaiah 14:3) Selfish pride prompted Babylon’s kings to elevate themselves above those around them. So great was the arrogance of the dynasty that it is portrayed as bragging: “To the heavens I shall go up. Above the stars of God I shall lift up my throne, and I shall sit down upon the mountain of meeting, in the remotest parts of the north. . . . I shall make myself resemble the Most High.�—Isaiah 14:13, 14.

“The stars of God� are the kings of the royal line of David. (Numbers 24:17) From David onward, these “stars� ruled from Mount Zion. After Solomon built the temple in Jerusalem, the name Zion came to apply to the whole city. Under the Law covenant, all male Israelites were obliged to travel to Zion three times a year. Thus, it became “the mountain of meeting.� By determining to subjugate the Judean kings and then remove them from that mountain, Nebuchadnezzar is declaring his intention to put himself above those “stars.� Instead of giving God credit for the victory over them, he arrogantly puts himself in God's place. So it is after being cut down to the earth that the Babylonian dynasty is mockingly referred to as the “shining one.�

The pride of the Babylonian rulers indeed reflected the attitude of “the god of this system of things�—Satan the Devil. (2 Corinthians 4:4) He too lusts for power and longs to place himself above God. But Lucifer is not a name Scripturally given to Satan.

Cain
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Cain »

Nice post Tomcat!

Let me add that if Lucifer is considered to be the Fallen Angel and analogous with Satan than so is Jesus.

Isaiah 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, morning star! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Revelation 22:16,
"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." ;)

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Goat »

Cain wrote: Nice post Tomcat!

Let me add that if Lucifer is considered to be the Fallen Angel and analogous with Satan than so is Jesus.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, morning star! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." ;)

Now, when you talk about Isaiah, the term 'lucifer' actually is talking about a pheonician god, who is represented by the Morning Star, and is known for reaching too high when trying to replace El, the father of the Gods , and his efforts fell short. Isaiah 14:12 is mocking King Nebuchadnezzar by comparing him to a God whose ambitions were greater than his power. .. and it has nothing to do with Satan at all. "Lucifer' is just the Latin translation of 'The morning star'.

So much Christian myth has been taken from one line, taken out of context.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Cain
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by Cain »

Goat wrote:

Now, when you talk about Isaiah, the term 'lucifer' actually is talking about a pheonician god, who is represented by the Morning Star, and is known for reaching too high when trying to replace El, the father of the Gods , and his efforts fell short. Isaiah 14:12 is mocking King Nebuchadnezzar by comparing him to a God whose ambitions were greater than his power. .. and it has nothing to do with Satan at all. "Lucifer' is just the Latin translation of 'The morning star'.

So much Christian myth has been taken from one line, taken out of context.
Yep! Good points Goat . . .
The name "Lucifer," dates back to the Greeks, before the Romans.
Socrates and Plato talk about a "god of light" Eos (god of Dawn) and the "Morning Star -- juxtaposed with the sun (Helios) and Hermes (Mercury).

This information can be found in Plato's Timaeus from 360 BC.

Lucifer is mentioned in Publius Ovidius Naso's "Metamorphoses", which was written in 8 C.E (Roman) Roman poet Virgil mentions him as far back as 29 BCE

In Greek mythology, Hesperus, the Evening Star is the son of the dawn goddess Eos (Roman equivalent: Aurora) and brother of Eosphorus the Morning Star (Eosphoros "dawn-bearer"; also Phosphorus, Lucifer "light-bearer").

RottenHead
Student

Re: What is Luciferianism?

Post #15

Post by RottenHead »

[Replying to post 1 by McCulloch]

Denying the existence of God and believing in the greatness of ourselves is what I understand to be following the ways of Lucifer. Or the fallen angel as we also hear.

I think my father is a luciferian because he told me there was no God and that what I was feeling was me. That I had everything I needed in myself. I just don't agree and it gave me a lot of trouble growing up and finding strength to deal with the struggles of life. I believe we must lean on God with our entire being and petition the Lord with prayer to be in His Glory for our lives.

It's about going further than just rejecting the idea of God but also adapting the sense that we are what we think of as God.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Re: Tell me more about Luciferianism

Post #16

Post by ttruscott »

Logomachist wrote: Do you have any scripture?

His scripture is the Urantia Book, I believe,

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Robert Baird
Student

Re: Tell me more about Luciferianism

Post #17

Post by Robert Baird »

[Replying to post 16 by ttruscott]

My two cents.

Cain got a little correct about what Luciferianism is. It goes a lot further and can be said it is the basis of all religions with g-ds. Mithras, Iesa, Lugh and many others were sun gods. Sun = Son and we are all the children of g-d as well as "gods" see John 10:34.

The 'morning star' was known as a surrogate for the sun which is the pre-dominant source of energy for people on this planet. It is Venus and the Mayan Calendar 'short count' tracks it. That calendar NEVER predicted apocalypse in 2012. We can hope in about 14 years (it was only off that much over 26,000 years) that what it says will happen. It says a new paradigm will begin - one of spirituality rather than materiality.

Malachi Martin was an advisor to three Popes of the last century. He has written about Luciferians in the catholic church. You can search my name and an article titled Loyola the Luciferian for more of my thoughts on the matter.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by ttruscott »

No sir, it is false logic that they must refer to the same thing...Lucifer as the false morning star, 2 Corinthians 11:14 ...for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. is here sarcastically called by that name he aspired to.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.