Understanding between two religions

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

rodeletters

Understanding between two religions

Post #1

Post by rodeletters »

Greetings to all!
I am a student from the Netherlands and my school has assigned me to create a game to promote understanding between two religious groups, namely Muslims and Christians. Therefore I am asking you all the following: where are Muslim and Christian religious teachings very similar, and where do they differ a lot? Specific examples would be much appreciated!

I believe that when a person of a certain faith is able to relate to the ethics behind the teachings of another faith, it creates understanding and acceptance.

Thank you all in advance!
-Max

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Re: Understanding between two religions

Post #11

Post by Choir Loft »

[Replying to post 1 by rodeletters]

There are no points at which Islam and any other religion agree, Christianity notwithstanding.

Beginning at the foundations of religion, it ought to be specifically understood that Islam is THE ONLY religion on the planet with 3, count 'em 3, doctrines that support lying, two of them have names and one is generic. These doctrines alone separate the Saracen from all other religious men.

"Believers when in a weakened stage in a non-Muslim country should forgive and be patient with People of the Book when they insult Allah and his prophet by any means. Believers should lie to People of the Book to protect their lives and their religion.
- Ibn Taymiyah "THE SWORD ON THE NECK OF THE ACCUSER OF MUHAMMAD"

"Anyone who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters unbelief, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in faith - but such as open their breast to unbelief, on them is wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful penalty."
- the Holy Qur'an Surah 16:106

"Know this that lying is not sin by itself, but if it brings harm to you it could be ugly. However, you can lie if that will keep you from evil or if it will result in prosperity."
- Imam Al-Ghazali (Muslim theologian and philosopher)

"The principle of sanctioning lying for the cause of Islam bears grave implications in matters relating to the spread of the religion of Islam in the West. Muslim activists employ deceptive tactics in their attempts to polish Islam's image and make it more attractive to prospective converts."
- Abdullan Al-Araby (Muslim theologian, philosopher and leader)

2 additional specific doctrines of Islamic religious deception:
taqiyya - (concealment)
"A muslim may lie about what they believe, denying aspects of their faith that are offensive [to others]."
[Qur'an 16:106]
Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam by Robert Spencer

kitman - (mental reservation, the telling of partial truth with intention to deceive or mislead)
"the scholars agreed that if a person is forced into disbelief, it is permissible for him to either go along with them in the interests of self-preservation, or to refuse."
- Ibn Kathir
Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam by Robert Spencer

Shall we go on to list differences point by point between Islam and ALL other religions? If so, then we must recognize from the beginning of any such discussion that at any point the Muslim wishes he may lie about his faith and be justified in doing so.

Where do you go after that? Nowhere. It's pointless.

"I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me."
- Jesus

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC
[June 21, 1788 - October 26, 2001]

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.