Question about Christianity and my church

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Question about Christianity and my church

Post #1

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

Mitt Romney is running for President. He is a member of the CoJCoLDS. Also I belong to this church. I have noticed that many Christians hate my church. Why? We are Christians as they are. We believe in Jesus Christ and the Bible as the word of God, like they do it. Why do they hate us?

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Why people hate my church:

Post #41

Post by Goat »

The Mormon wrote:
Goat wrote:
Make yourself a list about the claims of the book of Mormon. Put the ones that have evidence for them, and evidence against it, and evidence there is no support for, but no support against either.
I have everything I have found out provided with sting words; stored in my PC. A folder has the name "church"; the other folder the name "advocatus diaboli". Since my husband can not speak any Latin and he checks my PC in the last time; seemed to me this to be the safest way.
If my investigations are finished, I will inform my husband and my bishop about my results and my decision in a letter. Because my husband has not talked with me for days any more. And we only the most necessary and he has a tone then, if he talks, as if he were the general, and we the troop who must obey him.
Family life is not easy for me at the moment.
Goat wrote: Then, remember that it will be uncomfortable dealing with your family if you DO leave the Mormon church .... and then decide of the negative evidence is worth the disruption to the family. That kind of behavior is very cultist in my opinion.
To leave the church, somebody must be very strong; particularly if the family is in the church; and the family can break because of this. And I do not know whether I am really so strong. I do not love my husband already for a long time any more. We only are together because of the children and the temple marriage. He does not love me any more either. For him I am his cook, his scrubwoman and his free prostitute.
If it should prove well-founded, that the LDS is a swindle and a lie; perhaps I then find the courage to leave him? I, however, want to take my adult children with me. And he will never permit this!
Goat wrote: I also am of the personal belief that needing to repress a lot of feelings is unhealthy. Will Shakespeare had some really good advice when he said "To thine own self be true"
I will try it!

Good Luck. I am someone who believes in letting people be independent. While I tend to have a very dominate personality, I also believe that EVERYONE should have ultimate control over their lives.. and I have made rather large sacrifices to make sure someone gets out of an abusive and controlling situation and become a productive member of society.

One thing you can also do use a password protect to secure documents with either window word, or open office writer.

Being controlled to that degree is NOT healthy in my opinion.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #42

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

One of my children came to me this morning, and wondered whether I still would love my husband. And, whether I would leave him and the church. I told him that I would not know this. That I, however, would have questions about the church which neither he nor my bishop could answer me.
And do you know what my child told me?
I shall stay in the church also if I would not believe it any more; because otherwise he would be forced to break off every contact to me. His father had demanded that he speaks with me and he should tell this to me clearly.
I was speechless which seldom happens!

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #43

Post by sleepyhead »

hello tm,

In America after a divorce it's usually the mother who keeps the Children and the greater bread winner has to pay child support and alimony. The alimony would be for life or until you remarried. I would think that in order to receive fovorable treatment he would need to have some reason for divorce other than you don't believe in JS. The fact that he sent your child in with the message he did means that he is stepping on his own ****.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #44

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

sleepyhead wrote: hello tm,

In America after a divorce it's usually the mother who keeps the Children and the greater bread winner has to pay child support and alimony. The alimony would be for life or until you remarried. I would think that in order to receive fovorable treatment he would need to have some reason for divorce other than you don't believe in JS. The fact that he sent your child in with the message he did means that he is stepping on his own ****.
This is also so in Switzerland. The mother only then is not having the children; if a convincing proof has been submitted to the court; that the mother is a bad mother to their children.. And as I assess my husband, will he try everything - by also lying-; and taking the children away from me with the help of other members. I have by the way written a letter to the bishop which he will receive today (at the end of the last meeting). Is in the letter why I want to withdraw from the church. If he should not within a month resign me from church records; will I sue him and the church. This will come into the newspaper; and a bad publicity cannot allowed by the church.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #45

Post by Nickman »

The Mormon wrote:
sleepyhead wrote: hello tm,

This is also so in Switzerland. The mother only then is not having the children; if a convincing proof has been submitted to the court; that the mother is a bad mother to their children.. And as I assess my husband, will he try everything - by also lying-; and taking the children away from me with the help of other members. I have by the way written a letter to the bishop which he will receive today (at the end of the last meeting). Is in the letter why I want to withdraw from the church. If he should not within a month resign me from church records; will I sue him and the church. This will come into the newspaper; and a bad publicity cannot allowed by the church.
Just be careful, they are a huge organization and have many allies. I admire your courage, and your ability to Think critically about your beliefs. For that you have gained more than any church could offer you. You gained your free will. Cheers to you TM. Ill drink a cold one for you tonight.

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #46

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

It is easy to plan something; but very hard to carry it out until a bitter end. I will stand alone against so many. And it is hard there to remain strong.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #47

Post by sleepyhead »

The Mormon wrote:
I have by the way written a letter to the bishop which he will receive today (at the end of the last meeting). Is in the letter why I want to withdraw from the church. If he should not within a month resign me from church records; will I sue him and the church. This will come into the newspaper; and a bad publicity cannot allowed by the church.
I can relate to your desire to be removed from the churches membership rolls but I don't understand what your basis would be for sueing them. Right now they have your name on a sheet of paper (or on a computer hard drive) saying you are a member. The sheet of paper belongs to them. If I tore the cover off a phone book and instead wrote "membership list for the church of confucious" would the people in the phone book be able to sue me to have there names removed?

There are a lot of people leaving the church now and the instructions for how to go about resigning are on the web. I'll pm you the address of an ex mormon forum.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #48

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

@ Sleepyhead,

In accordance with Swiss laws, I can ask of the LDS that she grants my request around leaving the church. If she does not do this, I can sue the church. The LDS should since I would win the process pay all court costs.
I had by the way a very interesting conversation with my still husband after lunch. I told him that I would leave the church. He threatened me to take the children away if I would do that. I replied him that I would not care to it. This time, he can take care alone of the children since he had not done this all the years. And, that I also will leave him. And, that I would tell every female member of the church, what kind of a rotten husband and father he is.
There I knew how he feared a scandal very much, he consented to a divorce and, that I shall take the children with me.
I will have to look around for a new apartment as next, and, now since we, if I have submitted the divorce; he must pay for apartment and cost of living in the separation year..
A victory for me on the whole line!

The Ex-Mormon
Apprentice

Post #49

Post by The Ex-Mormon »

And as all of you can see, I had my nick legally changed in EX-MORMON!
I'm so glad to do this.

Nickman
Site Supporter

Post #50

Post by Nickman »

The Ex-Mormon wrote: @ Sleepyhead,

In accordance with Swiss laws, I can ask of the LDS that she grants my request around leaving the church. If she does not do this, I can sue the church. The LDS should since I would win the process pay all court costs.
I had by the way a very interesting conversation with my still husband after lunch. I told him that I would leave the church. He threatened me to take the children away if I would do that. I replied him that I would not care to it. This time, he can take care alone of the children since he had not done this all the years. And, that I also will leave him. And, that I would tell every female member of the church, what kind of a rotten husband and father he is.
There I knew how he feared a scandal very much, he consented to a divorce and, that I shall take the children with me.
I will have to look around for a new apartment as next, and, now since we, if I have submitted the divorce; he must pay for apartment and cost of living in the separation year..
A victory for me on the whole line!
Congratulations, I am glad to hear things are working out for you.