This belief is under construction. Test drive it with me!

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

ndf8th
Sage

This belief is under construction. Test drive it with me!

Post #1

Post by ndf8th »

To be fancy I give it a bold name

Intentional Faith Religion.

What does it claim about God?
Here is a first try to make a short Dogma?

As a believer in the Intentional Faith Religion
I am committed to the hard to fake religious faith
that God is seen as supernatural by an act of faith

As a believer I promise to cooperate with
like minded friends of this particular religion
and to spread it's interpretation as true to us.
So say we all.

This is just my hasty make shift version.
I am an extremely bad thinker so it can be
very poor grammar and faulty logic.

Have at it, tell me what is the worst about it.

My guess is that the language is too complicated?
None of my neighbor would say such things?

So it needs to be rewritten in plain simple English.

Tiberius47
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by Tiberius47 »

Sounds like you are just saying this:

As a believer of this faith I will believe this faith, and I will agree with people who think the same thing as me.

I don't see it saying anything of actual value.

ndf8th
Sage

Post #3

Post by ndf8th »

Maybe this part is too complicated?

I am committed to the hard to fake religious faith
that God is seen as supernatural by an act of faith

Suppose I short it down to this then?

God is seen as supernatural by an act of faith

I can see much value in such a clear explanation.
But all humans have their preferences so maybe
you and I are too far apart to see value in it.

ndf8th
Sage

Post #4

Post by ndf8th »

Maybe this text is less complex?

We feels God's presence and love in our heart.

God's existence is beyond our understanding.
We know from personal experience
that nothing we say can explain God.

God can only be known through our heart.

We want to share our love for God by working
together with other like minded believers in God.

Goat
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by Goat »

ndf8th wrote: Maybe this text is less complex?

We feels God's presence and love in our heart.

God's existence is beyond our understanding.
We know from personal experience
that nothing we say can explain God.

God can only be known through our heart.

We have a warm fuzzy feeling.
We attribute it to God.
We insist that other people have the same warm fuzzy feeling we do.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

ndf8th
Sage

Post #6

Post by ndf8th »

Nope not at all. Only with like minded
not with those that are disagreeing

Read the words again.
Not even with believers in gods that disagree with us
so you put words in my mouth I did not write.

Unless you described what your faith is. I prefer mine though :)

Dava

Post #7

Post by Dava »

[Replying to post 4 by ndf8th]

Gods are of the MIND only. Born when Mankind was ignorant of facts & thoughts were deeply affected by a fear of the future.

Transcendental thoughts are mere fantasy. This mind of ours is capable of any delusion. We MUST & DO use COMMON SENSE to get by.

Time we dumped these thoughts of someone keeping an on our wellbeing. Weigh up this Earthly environment & note the distress that many millions of Humans are undergoing. Nature is RAW & uncompromising. If you don't match up to what is required, you're in trouble. To correct our incapacities needs the use of common sense - the basic quality of Science.

Now come on - Treat ALL FAITHS of today as ever they really were - Dogmatic preservations of irrational early thought - PURE PHANTASMIC GODSWALLOP!

Those people preaching this crap are living a lie & they know it. I refuse to believe they can be so THICK. They've a nice little earner. Why soil your hands for a living if all that is needed is a few pious words. Lots of people refuse to think for themselves. Preachers should be thoroughly ashamed!

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #8

Post by Divine Insight »

ndf8th wrote: Nope not at all. Only with like minded
not with those that are disagreeing
Religions that are actually like that typically aren't bothersome. If all religions were like that religions wouldn't be the problem it is in today's world.

The greatest problem our world faces today are no passive religions, but religoins that actively proselytized, evangelize, preach, and try to put into law their religions agendas.

And this includes most of the Abrahamic Religions, specially almost all of the Christianities and Islam.

Christianity and Islam are in a Holy War with each other to spread their respective religions worldwide.

I would personally not have a problem with your "Proposed" belief system. However, if your proposed belief system includes a "belief" in the Christian Bible then I would suggest that it has already failed to be what you would like it to be because the doctrine upon which it is founded refuses to cooperate with your ideal.

The Bible clearly states that those who do not believe in Jesus as the Son of God are already condemned.

How could you hold that Bible up as being the foundation of your "new belief system" when the very book you are holding up as your foundation rejects your views.

It also contains, "Thou Shalt have no other Gods before me".

It also contains passages that actually instruct people to kill anyone who preaches of other gods.

So I think your attempt to construct a "New" belief system that is still claiming to have some Biblical connections, would be futile.

And if you aren't making that claim then there's no problem.

Perhaps you should then start out by defining what you mean by "God". If you mention Jesus or the Bible they you're just "Christians" trying to hide from the fact.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by ttruscott »

Dava wrote: [Replying to post 4 by ndf8th]

Gods are of the MIND only. Born when Mankind was ignorant of facts & thoughts were deeply affected by a fear of the future.

Transcendental thoughts are mere fantasy. This mind of ours is capable of any delusion. We MUST & DO use COMMON SENSE to get by.

Time we dumped these thoughts of someone keeping an on our wellbeing. Weigh up this Earthly environment & note the distress that many millions of Humans are undergoing. Nature is RAW & uncompromising. If you don't match up to what is required, you're in trouble. To correct our incapacities needs the use of common sense - the basic quality of Science.

Now come on - Treat ALL FAITHS of today as ever they really were - Dogmatic preservations of irrational early thought - PURE PHANTASMIC GODSWALLOP!

C I refuse to believe they can be so THICK. They've a nice little earner. Why soil your hands for a living if all that is needed is a few pious words. Lots of people refuse to think for themselves. Preachers should be thoroughly ashamed!
Are you going to prove any of this or if it can't be proven, admit it is just your opinion?
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #10

Post by Elijah John »

Dava wrote: [Replying to post 4 by ndf8th]

Those people preaching this crap are living a lie & they know it. I refuse to believe they can be so THICK. They've a nice little earner. Why soil your hands for a living if all that is needed is a few pious words. Lots of people refuse to think for themselves. Preachers should be thoroughly ashamed!
Moderator Comment

You are new here, so we will go easy on you with only a comment. Your post violates our rules on several levels, it is mostly a rant, and contains blanket statements. Try to find more civil ways of expressing your opinions, and with supporting evidence. Try to avoid characterizing groups of people or individuals. Thank you.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
Last edited by Elijah John on Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.