Questions about Mormonism...

Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Questions about Mormonism...

Post #1

Post by ttruscott »

I believe in our existence (before our earthly conception) in the spirit world sheol wherein we chose by true free will our eternal relationship with YHWH, our creator.

I keep having people say, " Isn't that Mormonism?" and while I know it is not, I remain unsure how a Mormon might phrase their theology about our pre-existence.

Anybody? May we discuss or informally debate?

Peace, Ted
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by Kuan »

[Replying to post 10 by help3434]
Cool, great country, humble people, and kind too.

Where did you serve your mission? Filipinos that go out of the country are few, and only to select places too.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

help3434
Guru

Post #12

Post by help3434 »

[Replying to post 11 by mormon boy51]

It was within the U.S. Why do few Filipinos serve out of their country and only in select places?

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #13

Post by Kuan »

[Replying to post 12 by help3434]

I'm not sure, I know that they want to have people serve in their own country, at least for the Philippines. But other than that, beats me.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.