Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

Does Christ speak and how?

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you have peace!

A question that continues to be posed to me is with regard to my bearing witness to a living and speaking Christ. How does He speak? What does that mean? How can we test that?

I imagine that one reason the questions are continually posed to me is because I cannot provide the proof that some are asking me to provide. I can only provide evidence in the form of:

a) Personal testimony from having heard Christ
b) The written testimony of or about others who have heard Christ
c) What Christ Himself is written to have said on the matter

If none of the above are acceptable to someone, then I am not sure what more that person and I would have to talk about on this particular matter. We could hopefully discuss respectfully from a point of love, reason, logic. For those who are interested...

Christ said that His sheep would hear His voice.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.…" John 10:14-16

Written testimony about/from others who heard His voice, confirming the truth of what He said:

The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it." Acts 8:29

In Damascus, there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"

"Yes Lord," he answered.

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."
(Acts 9:10,11... and it continues)

There is Peter's vision telling him that he should eat foods that he considered unclean, and then after his vision:

While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit (Christ) said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them." (Acts 10: 9-20)

There are of course multiple examples from Paul. The entire book of Revelation is from Christ to John. There is a warning against hardening our hearts if we hear His voice.

As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." Hebrews 3:15

Then of course there are the examples of Abraham, who heard, Noah, who heard, the prophets, who heard, Joseph, who heard, Daniel, who heard, etc, etc. Their faith is based upon the evidence of what they heard.

My own personal testimony

I did not always know that Christ spoke, and I did not always recognize that voice within me as being His. But someone else bore witness to a living speaking Christ, and it bothered me, lol. I had just ended a two year bible study with a certain denomination, and I did not want to get misled by man ever gain. But here was this person claiming that Christ spoke. If I believed this person, that they were from God, then what was wrong with me that I allowed myself to get misled yet again. On the other hand, what was wrong with me if this person did hear Christ, and I rejected them?

But soon into my dilemma (and my asking how I might know, even though I thought I was just asking myself) I heard:

Test WHAT this person is saying. Test the message. Do not pay attention to the person. Test to see if what this person is saying is true, or not. Then you will know who this person is from.

I still did not know this was Christ speaking to me. I just thought, "Oh, of course... that is what I will do."

So that is what I did. Along the way, I saw all these verses and examples and testimony that Christ does indeed speak, that God spoke also, though now speaks through Christ. In dreams, in visions, in direct words, in reminders, in opening eyes and ears to a truth that one might read, see, or hear. Once I realized that Christ is supposed to speak, I asked for ears to hear as well. Even though I did hear Him; I just did not know I heard Him. I needed to learn His voice and recognize Him.

I was asked how does He speak

He speaks in words. He speaks in visions (I have never had a vision that I am aware of). He speaks in dreams. He can also bring to mind something learned, read, or experienced in the past to help me see the truth in something He is teaching me. He has opened my eyes to something that is written, if I am reading the bible. He can and has read to me something that He is written to have said, so that I hear it in His voice. That was enlightening.

Sometimes when I am responding to something that someone else has asked, He will give me the words to say, or reveal something to me (as in open my heart and ears to understanding something) that I had not previously understood.

The language that He speaks is truth. He has never spoken anything to me that was not true, and that was not from love. And everything He teaches me deepens my understanding of love: His love and the love of His Father.

(As for testing the inspired expression... anything that is in conflict with what Christ teaches cannot be true. Also Christ (truth) comes from love (God), so nothing that He says will be in conflict with love. Especially since the law that is written upon our hearts in the new covenant is the law of love.)

I do not expect anyone to take my word for these things. I do not take the word of others for what they claim came from Christ. I explained above what I did, what I heard from Christ TO do.

If I have shared anything that helps anyone, then great. If not, then no problem. I am not the one people should be listening to if they are following or desiring to follow Christ... I can only point TO that One: Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, the Chosen One of Jah. Christ, who is Himself, the faithful and true witness of His Father, Jah.

If one wants to know the truth of this matter themselves... then ask Christ. That is how one can confirm for themselves. Ask for ears to hear, and in the meantime DO what He has said to do, so that you prove yourself to Him. He does not have to prove Himself to us.

"If anyone loves me, they will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with (in) them."

(Please note that He says that they will obey HIS teaching. Not man's teaching. Not religion or religious leaders, not Paul, not the law, or anyone or anything else over Him. If we love HIM... we will obey HIM. If we love someone or something else more, then we will listen to and obey that one/thing. Including if we love our religion more than Him, although we might not realize it at the time. Including if we think the bible is the Word of God, especially when even that book states that Christ is the Word of God; and Christ himself said, "You diligently search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about ME, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.")

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, to get a sense of these things, and to hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the bride SAY to you, "Come... take the free gift of the water of life."

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Re: Does Christ speak and how?

Post #151

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 149 by bluedog]
I did not say...you have sin, God did in scripture
At the very least, you ought to have the courage to stand behind your own convictions. You agree with these scriptures, you think them to be true, therefore, it is you saying I am guilty of sin, I and all other people. You don't get an out simply because someone else wrote them.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

Clownboat
Savant

Post #152

Post by Clownboat »

bluedog wrote: [Replying to Clownboat]
Allow the scriptures to interpret your obviously false premise. God loves all people.....He hates sin.

Don't blame me, it's your book now.
"those who love violence, he hates with a passion.".
'Those', needs to be read as 'sin'? Those sins that love violence, really? I'm just not capable of your level of mental gymnastics it seems.
The false premise? God can't hate and love....thus you attempt to declare that God does not love because He hates sin...when actions can't be separated from the people who freely engage them..its sin that brings hate upon people...not God.
Kindly demonstrate why and how sin forces your all powerful god concept to hate people.
Of course there are numerous passages that demonstrates HATE. Just a few, there are actions that God hates, 7 things that God considers an abomination. 1. A proud look 2. A lying tongue 3. Hands that shed innocent blood (like abortion..what unborn children have no blood?) 4. A heart that devises wicked plans 5. Feet that are swift to run toward evil 6. False witness 7. The sowing of discord among brothers (sound familiar?) Its the "deeds" that are hated, not the people, ".....
Right.... that's why the book says 'THOSE' who love violence, he hates with a passion.
:roll:
Then you make claims about abortion as though you are not aware about the story of Jephthah where he sacrifices his virgin daughter to your god in return for victory in battle. Why should I take your claims seriously?
How do we know its the sin....the deeds that God hates? One's deeds based upon their own freewill decisions cannot be separated from their person (if it can...demonstrate O:).
You can claim he hates the sin, but why bother? He still hates those who love violence. Hating another thing doesn't make the hate for the first disappear.
Don't confuse "righteous justice" with PERSONAL HATRED.
Trust me, I don't believe that I am the one that is confused.
"God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us......" -- Rom. 5:8-11
Of course there would be no war and the men knew it. They just love to talk and to hear themselves talk.
Gone with the Wind Pg 56
The Holy Spirit explains it as such, "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that ye may be the sons of your Father in heaven...FOR HE MAKES THE SUN RISE ON THE EVIL AND THE GOOD, AND SEND RAIN ON THE JUST AND THE UNJUST. (Matt. 5:44-45)
I'm aware of the love in the Bible, I'm just also aware of the hate.
The misconception rests in the way that God sees Love as revealed in scriptures...as you demand to pigeon hole love. God see things through an eternal vision...While you can't even explain what love is........Define love and show its origins...if you can.
It's weird how you seem to think that you know about a gods eternal vision. Either way... Love: It's an irresistible cocktail of chemicals that takes place in the brain. We call this process 'love'.
- Adrenaline
- Dopamine
- Serotonin

We can always ignore this and just credit some god concept I suppose. But why?
God sees LOVE and SERVICE ( obedience) as a connected thing.....We as Christians SHOW OUR LOVE by obeying the commandments...in deed and truth -- 1 John 2:5, 3:16-18
Not sure what this has to do with 'those' in whom your god concept hates.
Again....freewill actions of sin cannot be separated from the person...If God hates Sin and its attached to a wicked person who does not freely wish to repent...then the wrath of God rains down on him/her.
This thread is not about Biblical contradictions.
The scripture I quoted shows that the god of the OT hates 'those who love violence'.
The Lord tests the righteous, but the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates. Upon the wicked He will rain coals; fire and brimstone and a burning shall be the portion of their cup. FOR THE LORD IS RIGHTEOUS, HE LOVES RIGHTEOUSNESS, HIS COUNTENANCE BEHOLDS THE UPRIGHT." -- PS. 11:5-7
Right, your god concept hates the wicked and those who love violence. That was my point. :cool:
O:) As pappy used to say, "You can lead a horse to water....but why drown him when he refuses to drink by himself by forcing water down his gullet? Its much simpler to allow him to die of thirst...no, its easier on the both." The moral? Everyone must drink eventually...there are no atheists in FOX HOLES. What? You're the exception...you're gonna live forever? Really?
As someone says:
You can give a man a fish, and he will be fed for a day. Or you can teach a man to pray for fish, and he will die of starvation.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #153

Post by Clownboat »

bluedog wrote: [Replying to post 148 by rikuoamero]

Yet another false accusation? I did not say...you have sin, God did in scripture....I am not God, I have never claimed to be God. Thus, the offense is between you and God..no? LM proverbial AO. Again...running one's mouth = debate...right comrade? :D And you are yet to address even the simplest of queries....What is love and what are its origins? You seemed to be mighty interested in it only a short time ago....or was that yet another "parroted" got ya? :study: man :study: don't depend on others to do your leg work...that only makes you a parrot...no more than a trained monkey. :D
The Ol' "with all due respect argument"!

Person A to person B: With all due respect, your a doody head.
Person B: What!?!
Person A: Settle down, I said "with all due respect".
#-o

Bluedog to Riku: My god says that you are a sinner.
Riku: What!?!
Bluedog: Settle down, it's not me actually calling you a sinner, it's just what my god says.
#-o

A horrible accusation (you are a sinner) is still a horrible accusation. It matters not if you qualify it with, "with all due respect" or with, "actually, it is my god concept that claims this".
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

Clownboat
Savant

Post #154

Post by Clownboat »

bluedog wrote: [Replying to rikuoamero]

A false accusation? Correct me if I am wrong....but bearing false witness and lying...are they not sins as defined by God? O:) Is this the BEST "ATHEIST" on the site? Really? Children...is all you have?

Someone must not be aware of what the Bible says about 'pride coming before a fall'.
Or, letting your light so shine.
Or, how we will know you by your fruits.

'Children' Really? :roll:
When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. - Socrates

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #155

Post by McCulloch »

bluedog wrote:I did not say...you have sin, God did in scripture.
Excellent! Now you have left to do is prove that God authored those scriptures.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #156

Post by ttruscott »

bluedog wrote:
Its the "deeds" that are hated, not the people, ".....
Except the scripture says HE does hate the people HE calls the 'workers of iniquity':
Ps 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. The worker, not the iniquity but which HE hates also...

God did not hate the Elect while they are sinners Rom 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. but you seem to have mixed them up as if sheep are redeemed goats and the good seed are redeemed tares.

Psalm 11:5, "The Lord tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates." Can the one who loves violence really mean not the one but the violence?

Lev. 20:23, "Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them." Abhor is a much stronger word than hate and is directed at the idolaters, not their sin in this case.

Even the verses you quoted prove you wrong:
Of course there are numerous passages that demonstrates HATE. Just a few, there are actions that God hates, 7 things that God considers an abomination. 1. A proud look 2. A lying tongue 3. Hands that shed innocent blood (like abortion..what unborn children have no blood?) 4. A heart that devises wicked plans 5. Feet that are swift to run toward evil 6. False witness 7. The sowing of discord among brothers (sound familiar?) Its the "deeds" that are hated, not the people, ".....
Prov. 6:16-19, "There are six things which the Lord hates, yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:
17 Haughty eyes,
a lying tongue, and

hands that shed innocent blood, Hands here must be a metaphor for the person, not the shedding
18 A heart that devises wicked plans, heart is also meaningless if not a metaphor for the person
feet that run rapidly to evil, same with feet...
19 A false witness who utters lies, A false witness is without a doubt no metaphor but a reference to the person who is lying and the uttering lies is the verb, the evil action and HE hates all false witnesses
and one who spreads strife among brothers." The one does not refer to the spreading of strife but to the PERSON spreading the strife.

Which Bible translation are you using that has changed 19 A false witness who utters lies, to 6. False witness and one who spreads strife among brothers to 7. The sowing of discord among brothers??

What sect supports you in this pov that "Its the "deeds" that are hated, not the people, "....." since I have only come across it in immature believers who have not reconciled Jesus as the Captain of YHWH's Army against real demonic people.
Last edited by ttruscott on Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #157

Post by Elijah John »

bluedog wrote:
Can you not comprehend even the simplest of messages? "..

:warning: Moderator Warning

Will you take heed of this warning? Do not express your frustration with another in such an uncivil way. Stick to the topic, and rephrase or move on if necessary. Do not insult the other poster in the process by implying they are obtuse.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #158

Post by ttruscott »

Clownboat wrote:
Then you make claims about abortion as though you are not aware about the story of Jephthah where he sacrifices his virgin daughter to your god in return for victory in battle. Why should I take your claims seriously?
Without agreeing with bd, I think it is false logic to assume that GOD allowed them to win over the Ammonites because of this rash vow since that is nowhere stated. GOD planned them to win and Jephthah acted stupidly trying to buy the win from GOD by his promise. That God allowed it to play out as it did was justice. Why the daughter was punished is for her sins between her and her GOD.
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

Elijah John
Savant

Post #159

Post by Elijah John »

bluedog wrote: [Replying to rikuoamero]

A false accusation? Correct me if I am wrong....but bearing false witness and lying...are they not sins as defined by God? O:) Is this the BEST "ATHEIST" on the site? Really? Children...is all you have?
:warning: Moderator Final Warning

This final waring is for this post, and your previous post #149. Usually we wait before issuing these, but you seem to be racking up reports and infractions at a rapid pace.

If you don't want to "flame out" and if you want to stay with us, please reconsider your approach towards others. Ask yourself, "how can I be move civil"?

Begin here, read and take heed:

Please review the Rules.

Moderator final warnings serve as the last strike towards users. Additional violations will result in a probation vote. Further infractions will lead to banishment. Any challenges or replies to moderator warnings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Danmark
Site Supporter

Post #160

Post by Danmark »

bluedog wrote:But there are many things in the Bible which claim to be inspired of God that are TESTABLE for truth by application of history actual or physical science. And...the scriptures always come out on the side of factual TRUTH were they are testable.
What are some of these 'things?'
bluedog wrote: The Bible clearly states that the time of Miracles has ceased...for the purpose of miracles was a conformation of God's revelations.
Where does the Bible say miracles stopped 2000 years ago? Certainly the references you gave say nothing of the kind.

I'd say miracles stopped before they began. There ARE many verses that suggest life on Earth as we know it would end about 2000 years ago. But that's just one example of false claims of the Bible.