Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

Does Christ speak and how?

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you have peace!

A question that continues to be posed to me is with regard to my bearing witness to a living and speaking Christ. How does He speak? What does that mean? How can we test that?

I imagine that one reason the questions are continually posed to me is because I cannot provide the proof that some are asking me to provide. I can only provide evidence in the form of:

a) Personal testimony from having heard Christ
b) The written testimony of or about others who have heard Christ
c) What Christ Himself is written to have said on the matter

If none of the above are acceptable to someone, then I am not sure what more that person and I would have to talk about on this particular matter. We could hopefully discuss respectfully from a point of love, reason, logic. For those who are interested...

Christ said that His sheep would hear His voice.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.…" John 10:14-16

Written testimony about/from others who heard His voice, confirming the truth of what He said:

The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it." Acts 8:29

In Damascus, there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"

"Yes Lord," he answered.

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."
(Acts 9:10,11... and it continues)

There is Peter's vision telling him that he should eat foods that he considered unclean, and then after his vision:

While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit (Christ) said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them." (Acts 10: 9-20)

There are of course multiple examples from Paul. The entire book of Revelation is from Christ to John. There is a warning against hardening our hearts if we hear His voice.

As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." Hebrews 3:15

Then of course there are the examples of Abraham, who heard, Noah, who heard, the prophets, who heard, Joseph, who heard, Daniel, who heard, etc, etc. Their faith is based upon the evidence of what they heard.

My own personal testimony

I did not always know that Christ spoke, and I did not always recognize that voice within me as being His. But someone else bore witness to a living speaking Christ, and it bothered me, lol. I had just ended a two year bible study with a certain denomination, and I did not want to get misled by man ever gain. But here was this person claiming that Christ spoke. If I believed this person, that they were from God, then what was wrong with me that I allowed myself to get misled yet again. On the other hand, what was wrong with me if this person did hear Christ, and I rejected them?

But soon into my dilemma (and my asking how I might know, even though I thought I was just asking myself) I heard:

Test WHAT this person is saying. Test the message. Do not pay attention to the person. Test to see if what this person is saying is true, or not. Then you will know who this person is from.

I still did not know this was Christ speaking to me. I just thought, "Oh, of course... that is what I will do."

So that is what I did. Along the way, I saw all these verses and examples and testimony that Christ does indeed speak, that God spoke also, though now speaks through Christ. In dreams, in visions, in direct words, in reminders, in opening eyes and ears to a truth that one might read, see, or hear. Once I realized that Christ is supposed to speak, I asked for ears to hear as well. Even though I did hear Him; I just did not know I heard Him. I needed to learn His voice and recognize Him.

I was asked how does He speak

He speaks in words. He speaks in visions (I have never had a vision that I am aware of). He speaks in dreams. He can also bring to mind something learned, read, or experienced in the past to help me see the truth in something He is teaching me. He has opened my eyes to something that is written, if I am reading the bible. He can and has read to me something that He is written to have said, so that I hear it in His voice. That was enlightening.

Sometimes when I am responding to something that someone else has asked, He will give me the words to say, or reveal something to me (as in open my heart and ears to understanding something) that I had not previously understood.

The language that He speaks is truth. He has never spoken anything to me that was not true, and that was not from love. And everything He teaches me deepens my understanding of love: His love and the love of His Father.

(As for testing the inspired expression... anything that is in conflict with what Christ teaches cannot be true. Also Christ (truth) comes from love (God), so nothing that He says will be in conflict with love. Especially since the law that is written upon our hearts in the new covenant is the law of love.)

I do not expect anyone to take my word for these things. I do not take the word of others for what they claim came from Christ. I explained above what I did, what I heard from Christ TO do.

If I have shared anything that helps anyone, then great. If not, then no problem. I am not the one people should be listening to if they are following or desiring to follow Christ... I can only point TO that One: Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, the Chosen One of Jah. Christ, who is Himself, the faithful and true witness of His Father, Jah.

If one wants to know the truth of this matter themselves... then ask Christ. That is how one can confirm for themselves. Ask for ears to hear, and in the meantime DO what He has said to do, so that you prove yourself to Him. He does not have to prove Himself to us.

"If anyone loves me, they will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with (in) them."

(Please note that He says that they will obey HIS teaching. Not man's teaching. Not religion or religious leaders, not Paul, not the law, or anyone or anything else over Him. If we love HIM... we will obey HIM. If we love someone or something else more, then we will listen to and obey that one/thing. Including if we love our religion more than Him, although we might not realize it at the time. Including if we think the bible is the Word of God, especially when even that book states that Christ is the Word of God; and Christ himself said, "You diligently search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about ME, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.")

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, to get a sense of these things, and to hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the bride SAY to you, "Come... take the free gift of the water of life."

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

William
Savant

Re: Does Christ speak and how?

Post #241

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #240]

A person can have a personality which is different from YHWH's personality.

The Sons personality is not different in that regard, but the same.

tam
Savant

Post #242

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:05 pm [Replying to tam in post #240]

I don't think you have yet provided a definition.

In the meantime, are you agreeing that God and His Son are two beings/people? That even though the Son is the perfect reflection of His Father, they are not the same person; the same being? They each have their own will and consciousness (though the Son - out of LOVE - always does the will of His Father)?

Peace again to you.
- Non-religious Christian spirituality

- For Christ (who is the Spirit)

William
Savant

Post #243

Post by William »

Think of it in terms of role-play where no Character has life without YHWH.

The person is born of that and becomes a part of how the personality is shaped. The personality which is formed may be different from YHWH's own personality. or it may be formed the same, becoming indistinguishable from YHWH through the human form.
In the meantime, are you agreeing that God and His Son are two beings/people?
YHWH has no form other then the life YHWH gives to form. Outside of being any form, YHWH has no form and is not a 'person' in regard to that, if that is what you are meaning by 'beings/people'.
YHWH is still a "personality", even that YHWH has no form, as Spirit has personality.

The Spirit in the son is the same Spirit which gives life to all living things. The personality of the son is the same as with YHWH, defining the son as YHWH - a perfect reflection of the personality and character of YHWH. No distinction.

The quibble you appear to have here is what? Why is the son being in form, a distinction for you in regard to YHWH?

tam
Savant

Post #244

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Think of it in terms of role-play where no Character has life without YHWH.

The person is born of that and becomes a part of how the personality is shaped. The personality which is formed may be different from YHWH's own personality. or it may be formed the same, becoming indistinguishable from YHWH through the human form.
I'm sorry, William, but I cannot make sense of that.

Here in this part you distinguish YHWH as having His own personality:

The personality which is formed may be different from YHWH's own personality.

So from that you can distinguish that He has His own personality. Some can reflect that or perhaps share the same traits, but that does not make that person YHWH. I don't see the issue in stating that God (YHWH) is one person; His Son another person; each of us another person(s). I guess I'm not sure why you are taking issue with me stating that Christ is not YHWH.

In the meantime, are you agreeing that God and His Son are two beings/people?
YHWH has no form other then the life YHWH gives to form. Outside of being any form, YHWH has no form and is not a 'person' in regard to that, if that is what you are meaning by 'beings/people'.
I mean the person... what makes a person a unique individual (thoughts, feelings, experiences, personality, consciousness, desires, etc.) Regardless of what form a person has (spirit or flesh or both).
YHWH is still a "personality", even that YHWH has no form, as Spirit has personality.

The Spirit in the son is the same Spirit which gives life to all living things. The personality of the son is the same as with YHWH, defining the son as YHWH - a perfect reflection of the personality and character of YHWH. No distinction.
So are you answering no to my question then, lol?

"YHWH" is a person, a being, the Creator. He has a name, He receives prayer, He converses with His Son and others in heaven.

The Son is not "YHWH". The image of God, yes, the Word of God, the perfect representation of God. But not God (YHWH).

The quibble you appear to have here is what? Why is the son being in form, a distinction for you in regard to YHWH?
Christ does not teach it.

If you are suggesting otherwise, then please provide some support.

Peace again to you.

William
Savant

Post #245

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #244]

So from that you can distinguish that He has His own personality. Some can reflect that or perhaps share the same traits, but that does not make that person YHWH. I don't see the issue in stating that God (YHWH) is one person; His Son another person; each of us another person(s). I guess I'm not sure why you are taking issue with me stating that Christ is not YHWH.
Tell us Tammy what you understand as being "The Body of Christ".
The Son is not "YHWH". The image of God, yes, the Word of God, the perfect representation of God. But not God (YHWH).
The image of God, yes,
What is the image of YHWH? Can you describe it to us?
the Word of God,

What is the word of YHWH? Can you describe it to us?
the perfect representation of God.
What is the perfect representation of YHWH? Can you describe it to us?
But not God (YHWH).
What - other than YHWH can be all things representative of YHWH but not YHWH?

How does the Christ teach us?

William
Savant

Post #246

Post by William »

Before the Son, YHWH spoke to humans through other mediums. The other forms were good for the task at hand at the time.

The Son became the perfect form for the task, again - at the time.

The last was seen of The Son, was his human form arising from the planet and quickly becoming veiled by cloud.

That form is not the true image of Christ. The true image of Christ is observed in the actions of the Body of Christ and the Body of Christ is not referring to the actual body of The Son as last seen rising away from the Earth.

The Body of Christ is referring to the Spirit, YHWH in many forms, all connected whereby its parts are indistinguishable from the whole.

Picture something other than the form of a human in relation to The Body of Christ.

What in nature would best exemplify that body, if it were not Spirit, but Spirit described as in formation?

I picture something more along the lines of Mycelium or - to give it that Ghost-float effect - a jellyfish.

Each tiny sensor represents an individual human who has integrated with the whole Body of Christ [BoC] and all the information pertaining to that is accessible to each individual, if they so choose to investigate. The information of the BoC is not hidden from us as 'we can hear its 'voice' and recognize therein, YHWH.

tam
Savant

Post #247

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:27 pm [Replying to tam in post #244]

Tell us Tammy what you understand as being "The Body of Christ".
The Temple (for one), which Christ is building, placing people in that Body just as He sees fit. We are that body if we are in Christ, having Him as our Head (King, Master, Lord, Husband).
The image of God, yes,
What is the image of YHWH? Can you describe it to us?
Not what... who.

Christ is the Image of God.
the Word of God,

What is the word of YHWH? Can you describe it to us?
Not what... who. Christ is the Word of God.
the perfect representation of God.
What is the perfect representation of YHWH? Can you describe it to us?
Not what... who. Christ is the perfect representation of His Father.
But not God (YHWH).
What - other than YHWH can be all things representative of YHWH but not YHWH?
Not what... who: Christ.

He teaches that He is the Son of God (of JAH). That God is His Father. A son is not his father.

Peace again to you.

William
Savant

Post #248

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #247]
He teaches that He is the Son of God (of JAH).
Not what... how

I gave the description of "how" - when I wrote;
I picture something more along the lines of Mycelium or - to give it that Ghost-float effect - a jellyfish.

Each tiny sensor represents an individual human who has integrated with the whole Body of Christ [BoC] and all the information pertaining to that is accessible to each individual, if they so choose to investigate. The information of the BoC is not hidden from us as 'we can hear its 'voice' and recognize therein, YHWH.

tam
Savant

Post #249

Post by tam »

[Replying to William in post #248]

The answer to that question is in the OP. Indeed, part of that question (how does Christ speak) is part of the title of this thread.

If you have further questions, please feel free to ask. But this thread was created to respond to that very question. That is what the OP is about.

Peace again to you William.

William
Savant

Post #250

Post by William »

Or - to equate that jellyfish image of the BoC to that of a Human ... taking away the skin and bone of the human form it 'floats' within, we clearly see the operating system which allows for the human experience and in formation of that which enables personality and character to become something including the personality then even contemplating integration with YHWH re the BoC.