Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

Does Christ speak and how?

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you have peace!

A question that continues to be posed to me is with regard to my bearing witness to a living and speaking Christ. How does He speak? What does that mean? How can we test that?

I imagine that one reason the questions are continually posed to me is because I cannot provide the proof that some are asking me to provide. I can only provide evidence in the form of:

a) Personal testimony from having heard Christ
b) The written testimony of or about others who have heard Christ
c) What Christ Himself is written to have said on the matter

If none of the above are acceptable to someone, then I am not sure what more that person and I would have to talk about on this particular matter. We could hopefully discuss respectfully from a point of love, reason, logic. For those who are interested...

Christ said that His sheep would hear His voice.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.…" John 10:14-16

Written testimony about/from others who heard His voice, confirming the truth of what He said:

The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it." Acts 8:29

In Damascus, there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"

"Yes Lord," he answered.

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."
(Acts 9:10,11... and it continues)

There is Peter's vision telling him that he should eat foods that he considered unclean, and then after his vision:

While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit (Christ) said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them." (Acts 10: 9-20)

There are of course multiple examples from Paul. The entire book of Revelation is from Christ to John. There is a warning against hardening our hearts if we hear His voice.

As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." Hebrews 3:15

Then of course there are the examples of Abraham, who heard, Noah, who heard, the prophets, who heard, Joseph, who heard, Daniel, who heard, etc, etc. Their faith is based upon the evidence of what they heard.

My own personal testimony

I did not always know that Christ spoke, and I did not always recognize that voice within me as being His. But someone else bore witness to a living speaking Christ, and it bothered me, lol. I had just ended a two year bible study with a certain denomination, and I did not want to get misled by man ever gain. But here was this person claiming that Christ spoke. If I believed this person, that they were from God, then what was wrong with me that I allowed myself to get misled yet again. On the other hand, what was wrong with me if this person did hear Christ, and I rejected them?

But soon into my dilemma (and my asking how I might know, even though I thought I was just asking myself) I heard:

Test WHAT this person is saying. Test the message. Do not pay attention to the person. Test to see if what this person is saying is true, or not. Then you will know who this person is from.

I still did not know this was Christ speaking to me. I just thought, "Oh, of course... that is what I will do."

So that is what I did. Along the way, I saw all these verses and examples and testimony that Christ does indeed speak, that God spoke also, though now speaks through Christ. In dreams, in visions, in direct words, in reminders, in opening eyes and ears to a truth that one might read, see, or hear. Once I realized that Christ is supposed to speak, I asked for ears to hear as well. Even though I did hear Him; I just did not know I heard Him. I needed to learn His voice and recognize Him.

I was asked how does He speak

He speaks in words. He speaks in visions (I have never had a vision that I am aware of). He speaks in dreams. He can also bring to mind something learned, read, or experienced in the past to help me see the truth in something He is teaching me. He has opened my eyes to something that is written, if I am reading the bible. He can and has read to me something that He is written to have said, so that I hear it in His voice. That was enlightening.

Sometimes when I am responding to something that someone else has asked, He will give me the words to say, or reveal something to me (as in open my heart and ears to understanding something) that I had not previously understood.

The language that He speaks is truth. He has never spoken anything to me that was not true, and that was not from love. And everything He teaches me deepens my understanding of love: His love and the love of His Father.

(As for testing the inspired expression... anything that is in conflict with what Christ teaches cannot be true. Also Christ (truth) comes from love (God), so nothing that He says will be in conflict with love. Especially since the law that is written upon our hearts in the new covenant is the law of love.)

I do not expect anyone to take my word for these things. I do not take the word of others for what they claim came from Christ. I explained above what I did, what I heard from Christ TO do.

If I have shared anything that helps anyone, then great. If not, then no problem. I am not the one people should be listening to if they are following or desiring to follow Christ... I can only point TO that One: Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, the Chosen One of Jah. Christ, who is Himself, the faithful and true witness of His Father, Jah.

If one wants to know the truth of this matter themselves... then ask Christ. That is how one can confirm for themselves. Ask for ears to hear, and in the meantime DO what He has said to do, so that you prove yourself to Him. He does not have to prove Himself to us.

"If anyone loves me, they will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with (in) them."

(Please note that He says that they will obey HIS teaching. Not man's teaching. Not religion or religious leaders, not Paul, not the law, or anyone or anything else over Him. If we love HIM... we will obey HIM. If we love someone or something else more, then we will listen to and obey that one/thing. Including if we love our religion more than Him, although we might not realize it at the time. Including if we think the bible is the Word of God, especially when even that book states that Christ is the Word of God; and Christ himself said, "You diligently search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about ME, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.")

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, to get a sense of these things, and to hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the bride SAY to you, "Come... take the free gift of the water of life."

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

tam
Savant

Re: Does Christ speak and how?

Post #211

Post by tam »

Peace to you,

[Replying to William in post #210]

In all of that, William, you still did not answer the question.

William
Savant

Post #212

Post by William »

tam wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:22 pm Peace to you,

I certainly did answer your question Tammy. That you didn't notice, is likely interesting, from a Mystics point of view.

I am not referring to anything else, as I even referenced the script to do with that. I even pointed out to you where the answer could be found re
I made.

It appears that 'in all of that', you missed it.

So - on with the topic at hand, shall we?

As I am showing, Christ 'speaks' in many ways - not just as a voice in one's head...

tam
Savant

Post #213

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:20 pm
tam wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:22 pm Peace to you,

I certainly did answer your question Tammy. That you didn't notice, is likely interesting, from a Mystics point of view.

I am not referring to anything else, as I even referenced the script to do with that. I even pointed out to you where the answer could be found re
I made.
If what you say is true William, then by all means, please quote the 'script', or at the very least give the book/chapter/verse so that this foolish servant can look it up for herself.
It appears that 'in all of that', you missed it.
So how hard would it be for you to simple quote it or give the book/chapter/verse, then?

Why the runaround?

William
Savant

Post #214

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #213]
If what you say is true William, then by all means, please quote the 'script', or at the very least give the book/chapter/verse so that this foolish servant can look it up for herself.
Don't be too hard on yourself Tammy. We are all here to learn.

Why do you require book/chapter/verse? As some type of conformation device perhaps? Where do you get your conformation from in regard to what you quoted from the bible?

Do you get any confirmation from other [than the bible] sources?

What does your Masters Voice say to you about those verses you quoted?
So how hard would it be for you to simple quote it or give the book/chapter/verse, then?

Why the runaround?
It is not runaround Tammy. I see no reason why providing a quote should be important to you when you yourself are well known for claiming that the bible is not the Word of God, and has no authority over ones interaction with Christ.

tam
Savant

Post #215

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
[Replying to William in post #214]

Why do you require book/chapter/verse?
Because you said:
The Gate to Life as biblical Jesus referred to it Tam.
I'd like the reference. You claim it is what the "biblical Jesus" referred to, I would like you to provide that reference.

I suspect you cannot and that is why we are instead here in this runaround.

William
Savant

Post #216

Post by William »

tam wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:04 am Peace to you,

Because you said:
I'd like the reference. You claim it is what the "biblical Jesus" referred to, I would like you to provide that reference.
Yes - I wrote;
"In regard to Mysticism, the idea of "hearing the Lords voice" [thunder claps literally as I right that - I so appreciate coincidence] is a step the initiate must apply in order to eventually pass through the Gateway to Life [as Jesus called it] and the hesitancy which accompanies this potential is to do with conflating one voice with the other - the "Masters" Voice with the "Slaves" Voice."

It is not runaround Tammy. When you say you 'suspect that I cannot' is that your own voice or Christ telling you to be suspicious re that?

There is much mention of the Gateway re biblical Jesus Tammy. A quick search reveals that there are near on 100 mentions of Gates in the bible. No doubt biblical Jesus quotes can be found among those. including the ones you used.

Here is one such quote - as authored under the name Matthew.

“But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.”

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #217

Post by nobspeople »

tam wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:03 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #203]

I think it is obvious that is not what I am saying.

So it seems to you. But not everyone, based on this conversation and others. But to each their own, yes?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

tam
Savant

Post #218

Post by tam »

Peace to you,
William wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:56 am
tam wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:04 am Peace to you,

Because you said:
Yes - I wrote;
"In regard to Mysticism, the idea of "hearing the Lords voice" [thunder claps literally as I right that - I so appreciate coincidence] is a step the initiate must apply in order to eventually pass through the Gateway to Life [as Jesus called it] and the hesitancy which accompanies this potential is to do with conflating one voice with the other - the "Masters" Voice with the "Slaves" Voice."
That is not a reference.

It is not runaround Tammy.
And yet still no reference.
When you say you 'suspect that I cannot' is that your own voice or Christ telling you to be suspicious re that?
That is because you have yet to provide the reference. A simple enough matter if you had a reference that actually backed up what you said. Experience also suggests that you are taking something out of context and creating a doctrine around it that has nothing to do with what Christ taught. Just as you did with His words, "In my Father's house there are many rooms."
There is much mention of the Gateway re biblical Jesus Tammy. A quick search reveals that there are near on 100 mentions of Gates in the bible. No doubt biblical Jesus quotes can be found among those. including the ones you used.
Sure, but the quotes from Christ that I provided state specifically that Christ is the Gate. I asked if that was the reference you used and you did not answer.

Here is one such quote - as authored under the name Matthew.

“But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.”
Remember what you claimed, William. You quoted it just above.

William
Savant

Post #219

Post by William »

So let us examine the evidence together.

Mysticism has it that gateways mentioned are entry/exit points. When you say that "Christ is the gate", Christ is that which requires being opened in order that one can pass through.

We have a saying attributed to biblical ישועה which states;

We know that a Gate 'shuts things up' and prevents someone from entering and in this case what people are being gated from, is the kingdom of heaven.

If ישועה is the gate, how is it that a priesthood can use ישועה to 'prevent Humans from passing through'?

ישועה is not 'the kingdom of heaven' - but the gateway to that mystery...

William
Savant

Post #220

Post by William »

Does Christ Sing Through Others?

What inspires poetry?

Welcome into
The Mystery
Now watch
As Heavens Spiral reveals to you
Your mortal history