Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

Does Christ speak and how?

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you have peace!

A question that continues to be posed to me is with regard to my bearing witness to a living and speaking Christ. How does He speak? What does that mean? How can we test that?

I imagine that one reason the questions are continually posed to me is because I cannot provide the proof that some are asking me to provide. I can only provide evidence in the form of:

a) Personal testimony from having heard Christ
b) The written testimony of or about others who have heard Christ
c) What Christ Himself is written to have said on the matter

If none of the above are acceptable to someone, then I am not sure what more that person and I would have to talk about on this particular matter. We could hopefully discuss respectfully from a point of love, reason, logic. For those who are interested...

Christ said that His sheep would hear His voice.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice; and they will become one flock with one shepherd.…" John 10:14-16

Written testimony about/from others who heard His voice, confirming the truth of what He said:

The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it." Acts 8:29

In Damascus, there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"

"Yes Lord," he answered.

The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."
(Acts 9:10,11... and it continues)

There is Peter's vision telling him that he should eat foods that he considered unclean, and then after his vision:

While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit (Christ) said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them." (Acts 10: 9-20)

There are of course multiple examples from Paul. The entire book of Revelation is from Christ to John. There is a warning against hardening our hearts if we hear His voice.

As has just been said: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion." Hebrews 3:15

Then of course there are the examples of Abraham, who heard, Noah, who heard, the prophets, who heard, Joseph, who heard, Daniel, who heard, etc, etc. Their faith is based upon the evidence of what they heard.

My own personal testimony

I did not always know that Christ spoke, and I did not always recognize that voice within me as being His. But someone else bore witness to a living speaking Christ, and it bothered me, lol. I had just ended a two year bible study with a certain denomination, and I did not want to get misled by man ever gain. But here was this person claiming that Christ spoke. If I believed this person, that they were from God, then what was wrong with me that I allowed myself to get misled yet again. On the other hand, what was wrong with me if this person did hear Christ, and I rejected them?

But soon into my dilemma (and my asking how I might know, even though I thought I was just asking myself) I heard:

Test WHAT this person is saying. Test the message. Do not pay attention to the person. Test to see if what this person is saying is true, or not. Then you will know who this person is from.

I still did not know this was Christ speaking to me. I just thought, "Oh, of course... that is what I will do."

So that is what I did. Along the way, I saw all these verses and examples and testimony that Christ does indeed speak, that God spoke also, though now speaks through Christ. In dreams, in visions, in direct words, in reminders, in opening eyes and ears to a truth that one might read, see, or hear. Once I realized that Christ is supposed to speak, I asked for ears to hear as well. Even though I did hear Him; I just did not know I heard Him. I needed to learn His voice and recognize Him.

I was asked how does He speak

He speaks in words. He speaks in visions (I have never had a vision that I am aware of). He speaks in dreams. He can also bring to mind something learned, read, or experienced in the past to help me see the truth in something He is teaching me. He has opened my eyes to something that is written, if I am reading the bible. He can and has read to me something that He is written to have said, so that I hear it in His voice. That was enlightening.

Sometimes when I am responding to something that someone else has asked, He will give me the words to say, or reveal something to me (as in open my heart and ears to understanding something) that I had not previously understood.

The language that He speaks is truth. He has never spoken anything to me that was not true, and that was not from love. And everything He teaches me deepens my understanding of love: His love and the love of His Father.

(As for testing the inspired expression... anything that is in conflict with what Christ teaches cannot be true. Also Christ (truth) comes from love (God), so nothing that He says will be in conflict with love. Especially since the law that is written upon our hearts in the new covenant is the law of love.)

I do not expect anyone to take my word for these things. I do not take the word of others for what they claim came from Christ. I explained above what I did, what I heard from Christ TO do.

If I have shared anything that helps anyone, then great. If not, then no problem. I am not the one people should be listening to if they are following or desiring to follow Christ... I can only point TO that One: Christ Jaheshua, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, the Chosen One of Jah. Christ, who is Himself, the faithful and true witness of His Father, Jah.

If one wants to know the truth of this matter themselves... then ask Christ. That is how one can confirm for themselves. Ask for ears to hear, and in the meantime DO what He has said to do, so that you prove yourself to Him. He does not have to prove Himself to us.

"If anyone loves me, they will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with (in) them."

(Please note that He says that they will obey HIS teaching. Not man's teaching. Not religion or religious leaders, not Paul, not the law, or anyone or anything else over Him. If we love HIM... we will obey HIM. If we love someone or something else more, then we will listen to and obey that one/thing. Including if we love our religion more than Him, although we might not realize it at the time. Including if we think the bible is the Word of God, especially when even that book states that Christ is the Word of God; and Christ himself said, "You diligently search the scriptures because you think that by them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about ME, yet you refuse to come to me to have life.")

May anyone who wishes them be given ears to hear, to get a sense of these things, and to hear as the Spirit (Christ) and the bride SAY to you, "Come... take the free gift of the water of life."

Peace again to you,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

bluedog
Student

Re: Does Christ speak and how?

Post #141

Post by bluedog »

[Replying to ttruscott]

Sure.....IS NOT TAKING ABOUT WHAT? You cleared the heckup out of that....When read in "context" the subject matter is still respect between people....God shows no favorites, He loves the sinner and the saint, all have the same opportunity...God wishes that none shall perish but all should come to the knowledge of the truth. So....the Bible is not clear...God is the author of confusion...and He has respect of person because some face tribulations due to their own free will decisions? Really? Because....you dont' want to comprehend this perfectly clear single verse?

Just how does the previous verse hinder unambiguous comprehension of the next? One must consider the entire text of the Bible...it will self interpret. You talk as if THE BIBLE is not to be understood unless you are guided by some external "magic" force. Again...the scriptures are clear, God demands comprehension of His revealed wishes. To muddy the water by suggesting that God is the author of Confusion directly contradicts His revealed will...it sure does give you a perfect excuse to dismiss people you don't agree with. Why have a bible if it takes "supernatural" understanding...like its some magic code? God would be playing favorites if that were the case..no? You can talk to God directly so the Bible means what you want it to mean? :D

God demands that we understand His will, "Therefore be not unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.." -- Eph. 5:17. In fact the scriptures declare that He though the writings left behind by those inspired by the Holy Spirit (the hand picked Apostles of Christ)...has already given to us EVERYTHING pertaining to life, godliness, and righteousness.

You act as if the Promise that Christ personally made to His Apostles when His death was close at hand was meant for YOU. You should take your own lesson and read the CONTEXT of the message. Since you nor no one who was not around in the 1st century has a PERSONAL MEMORY of what Jesus taught while on earth...the context prohibits the following message from being directed toward anyone except those directly hearing the Christ at that present time.....HIS APOSTLES.

"But the Helper, The Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you (who...the Apostles) all things, and bring to your (who...the Apostles, as that is who He was addressing) remembrance all things that I have said to you (who...the Apostles...not YOU, not I, but to the Holy Spirit Inspired Apostles). -- John 14:26. Thus unless you were around to remember the things Jesus talked about while ALIVE...He's not addressing you.

And as far as understanding the writings in the Bible....an Apostle makes that perfectly clear as well, "But God has revealed them (what? the previously hidden mysteries) to us (who? It was the Apostle Paul speaking, not you, not I, so the us...are Apostles whose task it was to build a foundation for New Covenant Doctrine)....through the Spirit (what was revealed....remembrance of the Christ's words, just as promised, explaining the previously hidden mysteries). -- 1 Cor. 2:10-11.

As far as understanding the writings left behind by the Apostles? "....as I (the Apostle Paul) have previously written...by which...WHEN YOU READ YOU MAY UNDERSTAND MY KNOWLEDGE IN THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST...." -- Eph. 3:17 contains the entire context of the subject matter of UNDERSTANDING.
:study:

Clownboat
Savant

Post #142

Post by Clownboat »

He loves the sinner and the saint.....
So....the Bible is not clear...God is the author of confusion...and He has respect of person because some face tribulations due to their own free will decisions? Really? Because....you dont' want to comprehend this perfectly clear single verse?
God loves, except for when he hates. What is so perfectly clear about that?
Psalm 11:5 The LORD examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.
Just how does the previous verse hinder unambiguous comprehension of the next?

Unambiguous comprehension?!?
Does your god love or hate the wicked? Perhaps you meant to say that the Bible is ambiguous? If so, then we agree.

If not, please share the unambiguous message about whether or not the iniquities of a father would be passed on to the children.
And then show us that the Trinity or lack of a Trinity concept is unambiguous.

Thank you.
You can give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day, or you can teach a man to pray for fish and he will starve to death.

I blame man for codifying those rules into a book which allowed superstitious people to perpetuate a barbaric practice. Rules that must be followed or face an invisible beings wrath. - KenRU

It is sad that in an age of freedom some people are enslaved by the nomads of old. - Marco

If you are unable to demonstrate that what you believe is true and you absolve yourself of the burden of proof, then what is the purpose of your arguments? - brunumb

bluedog
Student

Post #143

Post by bluedog »

[Replying to Clownboat]

Allow the scriptures to interpret your obviously false premise. God loves all people.....He hates sin. The false premise? God can't hate and love....thus you attempt to declare that God does not love because He hates sin...when actions can't be separated from the people who freely engage them..its sin that brings hate upon people...not God.

Of course there are numerous passages that demonstrates HATE. Just a few, there are actions that God hates, 7 things that God considers an abomination. 1. A proud look 2. A lying tongue 3. Hands that shed innocent blood (like abortion..what unborn children have no blood?) 4. A heart that devises wicked plans 5. Feet that are swift to run toward evil 6. False witness 7. The sowing of discord among brothers (sound familiar?) Its the "deeds" that are hated, not the people, ".....

How do we know its the sin....the deeds that God hates? One's deeds based upon their own freewill decisions cannot be separated from their person (if it can...demonstrate O:).

Don't confuse "righteous justice" with PERSONAL HATRED. There are many individuals on this earth that require the death penalty....for the exact reason that their deeds cannot be separated from their person. All it takes is "repentance"....God offers a path back to righteousness for all people....unless they remain UN-REPENTANT..then they die in their sin by free will choice.

"God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us......" -- Rom. 5:8-11

The Holy Spirit explains it as such, "But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that ye may be the sons of your Father in heaven...FOR HE MAKES THE SUN RISE ON THE EVIL AND THE GOOD, AND SEND RAIN ON THE JUST AND THE UNJUST. (Matt. 5:44-45)

The misconception rests in the way that God sees Love as revealed in scriptures...as you demand to pigeon hole love. God see things through an eternal vision...While you can't even explain what love is........Define love and show its origins...if you can.

God sees LOVE and SERVICE ( obedience) as a connected thing.....We as Christians SHOW OUR LOVE by obeying the commandments...in deed and truth -- 1 John 2:5, 3:16-18

Again....freewill actions of sin cannot be separated from the person...If God hates Sin and its attached to a wicked person who does not freely wish to repent...then the wrath of God rains down on him/her.

The Lord tests the righteous, but the wicked and the one who loves violence His soul hates. Upon the wicked He will rain coals; fire and brimstone and a burning shall be the portion of their cup. FOR THE LORD IS RIGHTEOUS, HE LOVES RIGHTEOUSNESS, HIS COUNTENANCE BEHOLDS THE UPRIGHT." -- PS. 11:5-7

O:) As pappy used to say, "You can lead a horse to water....but why drown him when he refuses to drink by himself by forcing water down his gullet? Its much simpler to allow him to die of thirst...no, its easier on the both." The moral? Everyone must drink eventually...there are no atheists in FOX HOLES. What? You're the exception...you're gonna live forever? Really?

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Post #144

Post by Zzyzx »

bluedog wrote: God loves all people.....He hates sin.

<snip>

One's deeds based upon their own freewill decisions cannot be separated from their person
If, according to Christian lore, all are sinners by "free will" and "sins cannot be separated from their person", WHO is it exactly that "God loves"?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

bluedog
Student

Post #145

Post by bluedog »

[Replying to Zzyzx]

Again...allow the scriptures to answer a supposed atheistic "got ya". God manifests His love through the action of offering the removal of sin by sacrificing His only begotten Son (Jesus) in place of the worlds sin (everyone has sinned). -- 1 John 4:9 How can the act of sinning be separated from a person "naturally"? It cannot.

That is why the OLD LAW was but temporary..... people sin and cannot walk in the Letter of the Law...not due to the Law as the law only defines sin it does not create it....But a New Covenant would come where salvation could be obtained.. God offers a solution....Salvation comes after one is "BORN AGAIN" and the Law is written on the heart instead of on stone (Jer. 31:31-34)

God proves that He loved the entire world by providing the method of spiritual rebirth (John 3:16)...He sacrificed His Son so the world could be REBORN free of Sin. (as the soul is a spirit, and God is a Spirit (John 4:24, and to worship Him you must worship Him in spirit) God is Love (1 John 4:8), thus love is a spiritual thing with God its originator...man is made in the image of God -- Genesis 1:27, 5:1 (What does anyone believe that everyone born physically looks like God? Really? O:)

How is one BORN AGAIN....spiritually speaking, after all that is what Christianity is all about, not the salvation of the flesh as we all are destined to die and return to dust...But the salvation of Spirit as in the part of man that is made in the imagine of God? Again the Scriptures demonstrate how God can separate a man from His sin...and all it takes is repentance and worship in the spirit. The first move is man's He must attempt to turn from his sinful actions.

Jesus said, ".....Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God." -- John 3:1-22 entire reference.

What is the Kingdom of God? Its the same as the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt. 19:23-24) Jesus used the term Kingdom of God/Heaven as being the same as His church on earth (Matt.16:18-19) Thus unless one is BORN AGAIN he can't be separated from his/her sins.

Even though this new birth takes place on earth....it can't be seen taking place...its like the wind, you know it exists by the actions it causes...you can't see it you see its effect, just as pointed out by the Christ (John 3:6-8).

You MUST BE BORN AGAIN to be separated from your sinful acts...its not optional. The offer is for anyone...all it takes if accepting the truth.

When one is born again he/she is transferred into God's Kingdom on earth in a spiritual manner...it SAVES and PROTECTS...i.e, rescues us by separating us from the world, that is what the word CHURCH literally means, THE CALLED OUT FROM THE WORLD, "He has delivered us from the power of darkness (sin) and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son (Jesus' kingdom spoken of in Matt. 16:18-19) of His love in whom we have redemption through His blood...THE FORGIVENESS OF SIN." -- Col. 1:13-14

How does one come into contact with the sacrificial blood of the Christ....He dies! (in a symbolic manner) just like the Christ and when He arises as did the Christ...he/she is born again like a new born child...with all their sins washed away to begin again.-- Rom. 6

One must be born of water and the spirit -- John 3:5. We know that we are born again because the Word of God know dwells in our heart and its incorruptible (1 Peter 1:23)....just as the prophet declared, the Word of God resides in our heart in this new covenant (Jer. 31:31-34)....not on Stone like the Old Law.

The Word of God is the work of the Spirit of God -- 1 Cor. 2:12-13

Thus, born again IN SPIRIT....How? By having faith that the symbolism of Water Baptism can wash away our sins by symbolically putting the old man to death with a new man arising clean from sin (Rom 6:3-4)....REBORN -- Gal. 3:26-27. It is through the act of Baptism that WE PUT ON CHRIST.

Thus...this is how man is separated from his/her sin....God forgives them...when man asks to be forgiven and repents. Its simple, easy. But the CARNAL MIND can't seem to see the forest for the trees...because there is no attempt at repentance.

:study:

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #146

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 145 by bluedog]

Okay, name one sin that I am guilty of doing. No, I am not going to tell you anything about myself.

In case you don't know where I'm going with this, I'm just going to ask you basic questions to show the holes in what you say.

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

bluedog
Student

Post #147

Post by bluedog »

[Replying to rikuoamero]

That seems fair enough since you were not even able to define the subject matter you were demanding others jump through hoops to explain......Define love and demonstrate its origins. :D And Why would "anyone" know YOUR SINS save God and You.....its your soul and spirit not mine. All I can do is speak for my own actions...its called FREE WILL. O:)

Regardless if you accept the laws of God or not, "For as many as have sinned without the law will perish without the law...." -- Rom 2:12

I sum it up like this, "However we speak wisdom among those WHO ARE MATURE, yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing." -- 1 Cor. 2:6

Can you not comprehend even the simplest of messages? "....for what man knows the things of man except the spirit of man which is in him? Even so, no one knows the things of God...except (through) the spirit of God...." -- 1 Cor. 9-13. et.al., In other words man knows only what rests in HIS heart not the heart of another...and knows only the things of God...that God has revealed through the Holy Spirit inspired writings which were confirmed with signs and wonders ....i.e., the miraculous, that which cant be quantified or measured using the natural laws of physics. :study:

I can no more explain or "quantify" the SUPERnatural anyone than you can debunk it by attempting to use natural law....why? Because I, just like you.....do not have possession of a "super-natural-o-meter". But there are many things in the Bible which claim to be inspired of God that are TESTABLE for truth by application of history actual or physical science. And...the scriptures always come out on the side of factual TRUTH were they are testable.

Some things are called the "miraculous" FOR A REASON. Anything that can be explained by application of natural law....is not a miracle. Not all answered prayers are miracles...they are simply answered prayers. The Bible clearly states that the time of Miracles has ceased...for the purpose of miracles was a conformation of God's revelations. There is nothing new to come from God for over 2000 years...if a miracle has occurred...anyone, demonstrate it....present the proof....not confusion by pretending to be speaking in some language that no one can understand (that's mighty convenient)...where are the Biblical examples of modern day Apostelship? Where are the dead that have arisen, the blind that have been made to see, the lame that has been made to walk.... we are told to test the spirits to see if they are from God.

The need for the miraculous ceased when the need ceased and just like the apostle declared, it come to an end when the perfect law of liberty was delivered once for all time. -- Jude 3, 1 Cor. 13:8-13

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Post #148

Post by rikuoamero »

[Replying to post 147 by bluedog]

So, one of the results I was expecting. I was expecting you to admit that you know not what I am 'guilty' of. This then pokes a rather large hole in your claim that all have sinned. How can you say that each and every person is guilty of a sin when, upon request, you can't name a sin that any random person is guilty of?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

bluedog
Student

Post #149

Post by bluedog »

[Replying to post 148 by rikuoamero]

Yet another false accusation? I did not say...you have sin, God did in scripture....I am not God, I have never claimed to be God. Thus, the offense is between you and God..no? LM proverbial AO. Again...running one's mouth = debate...right comrade? :D And you are yet to address even the simplest of queries....What is love and what are its origins? You seemed to be mighty interested in it only a short time ago....or was that yet another "parroted" got ya? :study: man :study: don't depend on others to do your leg work...that only makes you a parrot...no more than a trained monkey. :D

bluedog
Student

Post #150

Post by bluedog »

[Replying to rikuoamero]

A false accusation? Correct me if I am wrong....but bearing false witness and lying...are they not sins as defined by God? O:) Is this the BEST "ATHEIST" on the site? Really? Children...is all you have?