Getting to know more about a specific belief

Moderator: Moderators

FinalEnigma
Site Supporter

The Holy Spirit

Post #1

Post by FinalEnigma »

My question here is 'what is the Holy Spirit?'

I've seen plenty of answers without having a satisfactory one. Jgh7 gave some good answers, but the thread didn't end up going anywhere.
please do not give circular or non-productive answers, but rather give a description of the Holy Spirit and what it does, and please be willing to answer lots of questions about it.

If you like Jgh7's answers in the other thread feel free to expand upon them or answer my latest questions I posed there. the thread is here. http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=9083

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Re: The Holy Spirit

Post #31

Post by Cathar1950 »

Skyangel wrote:
FinalEnigma wrote:My question here is 'what is the Holy Spirit?'

I've seen plenty of answers without having a satisfactory one. Jgh7 gave some good answers, but the thread didn't end up going anywhere.
please do not give circular or non-productive answers, but rather give a description of the Holy Spirit and what it does, and please be willing to answer lots of questions about it.

If you like Jgh7's answers in the other thread feel free to expand upon them or answer my latest questions I posed there. the thread is here. http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... php?t=9083
The Holy Spirit is a spirit of holiness. It is an attitude and way of life in holiness, goodness, purity, etc.
Actually holiness or even righteousness are more of a separation unto God and made sacred for sacrifice.
You are saying holiness is holiness as if you knew what it means and then saying it is goodness and purity with out explainaing the relationships.
Again you empty it of content take out the context and pretend you are saying something spiritual when you have really made the plain empty.

Skyangel
Banned
Banned

Re: The Holy Spirit

Post #32

Post by Skyangel »

Cathar1950 wrote:
Skyangel wrote:
FinalEnigma wrote:My question here is 'what is the Holy Spirit?'

The Holy Spirit is a spirit of holiness. It is an attitude and way of life in holiness, goodness, purity, etc.
Actually holiness or even righteousness are more of a separation unto God and made sacred for sacrifice.
You are saying holiness is holiness as if you knew what it means and then saying it is goodness and purity with out explainaing the relationships.
Again you empty it of content take out the context and pretend you are saying something spiritual when you have really made the plain empty.
Goodness, purity and righteousness are all part of holiness. It is about being perfect as the Father is perfect. It is the same thing that Jesus was talking about in Matt 5:48