Question for Women

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Nick_A
Sage

Question for Women

Post #1

Post by Nick_A »

I read a lot of threads about what Christians do. Many people say that Christians are wrong for doing or thinking this or that. They wonder why Christians believe and do as they do.

As a man naturally I have a similar concern about women. Why do women believe and do as they do?

Lainey
Scholar

Post #2

Post by Lainey »

Nick_A wrote:I read a lot of threads about what Christians do. Many people say that Christians are wrong for doing or thinking this or that. They wonder why Christians believe and do as they do.

As a man naturally I have a similar concern about women. Why do women believe and do as they do?
What? What do you mean?

Nick_A
Sage

Post #3

Post by Nick_A »

Lainey wrote:
Nick_A wrote:I read a lot of threads about what Christians do. Many people say that Christians are wrong for doing or thinking this or that. They wonder why Christians believe and do as they do.

What? What do you mean?
It is hard to describe. You know when many refer to Christians now they say that they are ignorant and also arrogant while shoving their beliefs in everyone's face. This in their minds is what Christians do. So the question becomes why Christians do it?

We also know that many refer to women as always arguing and strutting their stuff if they have the bodies for it and trying to attract attention. The question becomes why women do it?

catalyst
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by catalyst »

Nick_A wrote:
Lainey wrote:

What? What do you mean?
It is hard to describe. You know when many refer to Christians now they say that they are ignorant and also arrogant while shoving their beliefs in everyone's face. This in their minds is what Christians do. So the question becomes why Christians do it?

We also know that many refer to women as always arguing and strutting their stuff if they have the bodies for it and trying to attract attention. The question becomes why women do it?
Any references we tend to make as to specifics sterotypes, usually come from observation of what are considered negative traits over positive ones. People usually like pointing out the "bad" in others, perhaps to take the focus off of themselves and their own foibles and "failings".

Women are considered by some to be arguementative, but invariably it is by the person who is losing an arguement TO the "accused" woman...lol The thing is, it does take two or more to have an arguement, doesn't it and it is not always woman arguing with woman.

The "strutting stuff" is also the same and living in a beachy area with Gyms aplenty, I have seen many a tanned "beautiful" man, shirt off and not much else ON, vying for attention so this type of behaviour is not relegated only to women. Actually if you look at the animal kingdom, it is invariably the males of the species fluffing their tail feathers (peacocks..eg), or putting on some performance to gain attention of the female.

Everyone is different. Read THEM, not the assumed "label" affixed.

Confused
Site Supporter

Re: Question for Women

Post #5

Post by Confused »

Lets use circular logic because it is fun.... because we are women?
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein