Certainty of Faith

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Xander
Student

Certainty of Faith

Post #1

Post by Xander »

I have a question for Christians: how certain would you say you are of the existence of God, in the same sense of being certain that the computer you are typing on is under your fingers? Also, how certain would you say your fellow Christians generally are? Is there constant struggling, or intermittent doubts, or near complete/complete belief?

This question is just out of curiosity. I'm not trying to make a point or anything.

Faith Leads to Knowledge
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by Faith Leads to Knowledge »

Hey there Xander,

In all honesty, 100%. I don’t know what others think.

I do not have knowledge of God that would satisfy the modern scientific criteria that would make my knowledge a verifiable fact.

What I can say though is that the same way that reason guides the discovery of scientific facts, faith guides the discovery of divine knowledge. In the Random Ramblings folder, I have posted the thread called “Raising the Profile of Faith�. This might clarify my position.

TheOneAndOnly
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

Faith Leads to Knowledge wrote:Hey there Xander,

In all honesty, 100%. I don’t know what others think.

I do not have knowledge of God that would satisfy the modern scientific criteria that would make my knowledge a verifiable fact.

What I can say though is that the same way that reason guides the discovery of scientific facts, faith guides the discovery of divine knowledge. In the Random Ramblings folder, I have posted the thread called “Raising the Profile of Faith�. This might clarify my position.
Concerning the bolded, how are the two in any way related? How are the processes involved in reason and faith even related? How are they similar?
Please explain how you believe this in detail.

Faith Leads to Knowledge
Apprentice

Post #4

read the thread i referred to titled raising the profile of faith.

TheOneAndOnly
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

Have you ever put this article up for debate (after posting it the first time)? Do you have the original link to the article?

Faith Leads to Knowledge
Apprentice

Post #6

yes and it was moved to random ramblings because i did not present it in permissble form.

TheOneAndOnly
Apprentice

Post #7

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

Faith Leads to Knowledge wrote:yes and it was moved to random ramblings because i did not present it in permissble form.
Uh...you weren't stopped from re-posting the topic in a more permissible form, were you? It would not be difficult, I would think. What is stopping you from doing so?

I would do it myself, but I do not have the originating link to the article. That, plus I have a feeling I would not present the subject in the form that you would intend. As such, I will give you first crack. If you do not, then it is fair game. Your choice.

And don't say I never did anything for you :xmas:

Again, original link?

Faith Leads to Knowledge
Apprentice

Post #8

To be honest, i didn't want to pull st isaac's work apart. I wanted the whole essay to be read and discussed.

Here is a link.

http://www.roca.org/OA/137/137c.htm

puddleglum
Sage

Post #9

Post by puddleglum »

I have complete confidence in the existance of God. Sometimes when things aren't going well for me I wonder why he doesn't seem to be helping me, but even then I never doubt whether he exists. Also these times of doubting eventually end and I realize that he is always working in my life for good even tho it doesn't seem that way at the time.
I have no idea how strong the faith of my fellow Christians is. I suspect that some are strong in faith and some are weak.

Faith Leads to Knowledge
Apprentice

Post #10

one and only, this thread, remember