A question for Christians

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

YaeMPs
Student

A question for Christians

Post #1

Post by YaeMPs »

If the Bible is truly the Word of God then what could be a more important message for all people than God's Law and His Covenant with humanity.
Why, then, did He only gave it to a small group of men in a very small geographical area.

How many billions of people in the non-western world have lived and died without ever hearing the Good News. They have lived outside of the Law and the new Covenant not because they rejected Christ but because they did not have the opportunity to choose.

If God has a master plan for each and every person on the earth then was His plan for these people to live outside of His Love and/or to burn in hell for eternity?

gospelsaves
Student

Re: A question for Christians

Post #11

Post by gospelsaves »

YaeMPs wrote: If the Bible is truly the Word of God then what could be a more important message for all people than God's Law and His Covenant with humanity.
Why, then, did He only gave it to a small group of men in a very small geographical area.

How many billions of people in the non-western world have lived and died without ever hearing the Good News. They have lived outside of the Law and the new Covenant not because they rejected Christ but because they did not have the opportunity to choose.

If God has a master plan for each and every person on the earth then was His plan for these people to live outside of His Love and/or to burn in hell for eternity?
Hello. Let me say that I do believe that God wants all people to know Him and His perfect laws. It doesn't matter if he gave the law to 1 person or 1 billion. That is irrelevant. If a law exist in your state, and you break it and get caught breaking it....try arguing with a judge that "I didn't know I was breaking a law" and see how far you get. I guarentee you will still be arguing behind bars, if the crime was serious enough. Any cop will tell you ignorance of the law is no excuse. They would just pull out the law in writing and show you....you broke X.

Bible says that the laws of God are written in our hearts. God wrote a moral code into the heart of man that man continues to break. And just in case someone would come back and use the "I didn't know excuse" God also wrote it in stone, figuratively and literally. When you sit before God for judgement, you're not going to be able to use the "I didn't know excuse". God made that very clear.

Romans 1:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

God's going to say you should have known because I wrote a moral code in your heart. You should have known because I then wrote it on stone tablets. And if somehow you still didn't get the message.....you should be able to look around this world and see all MY invisible qualities and MY power that you had to come to the conclusion that there is a God. The sun is perfect distance from the Earth. Slightly closer and we'd all burn up, slightly further away and we'd all freeze. That's just one example. Sustaining life on this planet is a delicate intricate balance. One slight 'off' and we are all dead. The Earth is on a perfect tilt on it's axis. Few more degrees in one direction and we are all dead. You are without excuse.

People in the deepest jungles of the Earth have moral codes that they live by. Without ever having seen what we deem as civilization know that just going up to a random person and killing them for no reason is wrong. God wrote that morality into the human heart.

"I didn't know" doesn't even get one out of a speeding ticket. The stakes are a tad bit higher here. By God's standard everyone is guilty. God decided to save humanity through Jesus death on the cross. So that everyone who believes in Him can be set free.

New International VersionProverbs 28:5
Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it fully.

What that scripture says is that "I understand, my guilty before God". I'm guilty. I have NO excuse. You know what most people in prison think.... most of them think they did nothing wrong. How many times have you heard "I'm fully completely guility" in a maxium security prison. Very rarely. Most of them are trying to apeal their cases. The "It wasn't my fault" excuse. Just look up statistics on how many people appeal their case.

JaneD
Student

Re: A question for Christians

Post #12

Post by JaneD »

YaeMPs wrote: If the Bible is truly the Word of God then what could be a more important message for all people than God's Law and His Covenant with humanity.

There is a scripture that I believe answers this question....

Paul wrote"...all those who sinned without law will also perish without law; but all those who sinned under law will be judged by law. For the hearers of law are not the ones righteous before God, but the doers of law will be declared righteous. For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law, these people, although not having law, are a law to themselves. They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts, while their conscience is bearing witness with them and, between their own thoughts, they are being accused or even excused. This will be in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind, according to the good news I declare." (Rom 2:12-16)

The "good news" was going to "be preached in ALL the inhabited earth for a witness to ALL the nations" before the foretold end of the system of things would come. (Matt 24:14)
That means that God would see to it that his message reached every nation on earth before he brought the system to an end.

The apostle John quoted Jesus as saying, "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him." (John 6:44) So the Bible's message along with God's spirit acting upon individuals who respond to it, guarantees that no one will be left behind who doesn't deserve to be. (Matt 24:36-42)

The Bible does not teach that people go to a "hell" of punishment. "Hell" is nothing more than the grave, where all sleep until they are awakened in the resurrection. (John 5:28, 29) Those who have never heard about God's plan for salvation will have opportunity to learn when they are brought back to life on earth.

Jesus went on to say, "It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by Jehovah.’ Everyone that has heard from the Father and has learned comes to me." (John 6:45) Those prophets were Isaiah (54:13) Jeremiah (31:34) and Micah (4:2).

There is a "Master Plan" but not for individuals. The plan will go ahead with us or without us. We as individuals can choose to become followers of the Christ and be part of it, or not.

That is why we have free will. :)