"Mainstream" Christianity

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Kuan
Site Supporter

"Mainstream" Christianity

Post #1

Post by Kuan »

While I start off this thread, let me give you a quick introduction to the society I live in. This way you can understand why I am confused so much.

My name is Rex (JFYI) and I was born and raised in Utah. I am mormon (hence the name.) In Utah, its great living with mormons but it is different from what I know of the "normal" world, but there is a downside to living in a predominately mormon society. Its very biased... Hence the reason im starting this thread. I want to learn more about other christian religions, I dont understand most of (if any) of your beliefs. I understand a small part about the trinity but thats mostly it. My first month on this site was a complete culture shock to say the least.

So here is what im asking, can you please teach me about the "outside" world. I don't want any bible bashing in this thread, nor anyone trying to put down my religion. This thread is solely so I can learn more about other christian beliefs so when I try to debate with you i am not misinformed and making the terrible comments that I have whenever I get involved in a religious debate on here.
Robert Quillen wrote:Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #11

Post by Kuan »

it'll be interesting to read them, im excited!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.