Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Any questions for those who believe in reincarnation

Post #1

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello,

There are many versions of reincarnation. The version I believe in is the one presented by Edgar Cayce.
May all your naps be joyous occasions.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by LiamOS »

I suppose that the most obvious question is 'Why?'.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by sleepyhead »

AkiThePirate wrote:I suppose that the most obvious question is 'Why?'.
Hello akithepirate,

As far as I know reincarnation is the only afterdeath scenario which is coherent with all of the evidence we have. Those who believe in no life after death discount all subjective evidence to the contrary. Those who claim that we are involved in some sort of pass/fail test, haven't provided a reason for this test which I consider makes sense. Reincarnation assumes that since we were able to inhabit bodies now we were able to in the past and we will be able to in the future.

LiamOS
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by LiamOS »

Perhaps this is not appropriate, but I'd also like to ask on what basis you've determined it to be the most coherent.

Also, those who believe in no life after death discount the 'subjective evidence' as delusion, which is actually very consistent as far as I'm aware.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by sleepyhead »

AkiThePirate wrote:Perhaps this is not appropriate, but I'd also like to ask on what basis you've determined it to be the most coherent.

Also, those who believe in no life after death discount the 'subjective evidence' as delusion, which is actually very consistent as far as I'm aware.
Hello akithepirate,

It's the most coherent in the sense that there isn't any evidence that I know of which contradicts it.

I agree (at least in my observation on this forum) that those who don't believe in life after death are very consistent in discounting subjective evidence.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

What is the point?

Post #6

Post by JehovahsWitness »

If you cannot remember your previous life (or apply lesson's learnt in them) what is the POINT of reincarnation?

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Re: What is the point?

Post #7

Post by sleepyhead »

JehovahsWitness wrote:If you cannot remember your previous life (or apply lesson's learnt in them) what is the POINT of reincarnation?
Hello JW,

Thank you for responding.

Intrinsic to the belief in reincarnation is the view that something is carried forward. Our souls gain or lose from the choices we make. This particular world is designed to teach us self discipline. There are other worlds which were designed to teach us other qualities such as loyalty, forgiveness, charity, etc.

amptramp
Student

Post #8

Post by amptramp »

I am another believer in reincarnation as presented by Edgar Cayce. His revelation is that we live numerous lives and gain or lose skills and tendencies that are carried over to successive lives. It is supported by the doctrine of karma that states that what you do in one life will be done to you in successive lives. Of the 14,500 people he gave readings for, only three were finished with this world. In fact, without Edgar Cayce, I would be an agnostic rather than a Christian.

sleepyhead
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by sleepyhead »

Hello amptramp,

I'm glad you joined the forum. As far as I know we are the only two who place significance on the information provided through Edgar Cayce. I created a thread about him a while back if you would like to resurect it and put in your two cents.
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... dgar+cayce