Gnostic Christianity/Christian Gnosticism?

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

SeanStephensen

Gnostic Christianity/Christian Gnosticism?

Post #1

Post by SeanStephensen »

from the little bit I've read about this, it seems like something I want to label myself as. However, before I begin doing so I obviously want to be sure I fully understand it and what it stands for etc. Firstly, I guess, are Gnostic Christianity and Christian Gnosticism the same? and can someone explain it/them clearly please? and/or provide links? Much appreciated, thanks

bernee51
Site Supporter

Re: Gnostic Christianity/Christian Gnosticism?

Post #2

Post by bernee51 »

SeanStephensen wrote:from the little bit I've read about this, it seems like something I want to label myself as. However, before I begin doing so I obviously want to be sure I fully understand it and what it stands for etc. Firstly, I guess, are Gnostic Christianity and Christian Gnosticism the same? and can someone explain it/them clearly please? and/or provide links? Much appreciated, thanks
A gnostic Monoimos wrote: Seek Him inside yourself, and learn who it is that says: "My God, my spirit, my understanding, my soul and my body. Understand the source of sorrow and joy, and love and hate, and waking though you don't want to, and sleeping though you don't want to, and getting angry when you don't want to, and falling in love though you don't want to. For if you closely investigate these things, you will find Him inside yourself.""
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj