Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

catalyst
Site Supporter

To the JW's on here.

Post #1

Post by catalyst »

Hello,

This is not so much a question but a comment.

I had a lovely interaction with a couple of JW's yeterday. They didn't come a door knocking... perhaps because I live in a security estate..lol.. but.. rather than just leave their "invitation" to attend, what I am assuming is a "special" Easter Service at Kingdom Hall, they did buzz the intercom and ASK if it was ok if they left an invitation in my mailbox. I appreciated that. It was mid afternoon too which was nicer than being interrupted early to mid morning.

As they were respectful enough to ask, I said it was ok, but did advise them I would not use it personally. ( I have issue with the JW "take" on blood transfusions is just one point)

I did however let them know that I would forward it to my business for it to be put up on the Notice Board, so if anyone was interested, they would know where and when this event was taking place.

Anyway, I just wanted the JW's on here to know that if what these guys did is now perhaps "standard" practice, then I wouldn't mind them leaving their pamphlets and assorted other promotional material in the future.

Catalyst. O:)

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: To the JW's on here.

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

catalyst wrote:Hello,

This is not so much a question but a comment.

I had a lovely interaction with a couple of JW's yeterday. They didn't come a door knocking... perhaps because I live in a security estate..lol.. but.. rather than just leave their "invitation" to attend, what I am assuming is a "special" Easter Service at Kingdom Hall, they did buzz the intercom and ASK if it was ok if they left an invitation in my mailbox. I appreciated that. It was mid afternoon too which was nicer than being interrupted early to mid morning.

As they were respectful enough to ask, I said it was ok, but did advise them I would not use it personally. ( I have issue with the JW "take" on blood transfusions is just one point)

I did however let them know that I would forward it to my business for it to be put up on the Notice Board, so if anyone was interested, they would know where and when this event was taking place.

Anyway, I just wanted the JW's on here to know that if what these guys did is now perhaps "standard" practice, then I wouldn't mind them leaving their pamphlets and assorted other promotional material in the future.

Catalyst. O:)

What a delightful comment to read and that was a very kind and thoughtful reaction to our literature.

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment,

JW

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: To the JW's on here.

Post #3

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 1 by catalyst]

Are you still around Catalyst? Was there any follow up?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8