Christians

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

DiscipleOfTruth
Scholar

Christians

Post #1

Post by DiscipleOfTruth »

Especially for those of you that are married-If your spouse despite how much a bad idea it might be decides to ask you if you think certain other people are attractive and you think they are, what do you say?

I had this question in mind mainly for the married men who have wives who have the tendecy to ask questions that they know don't have an answer that won't hurt them. Secular people feel less obligated to be unecessarily honest and would rather tell white lies to their wives because they would gather the impresdion their women can't handle the truth. This can easily happen through trial and error. Depending on the situation many would say that an honest answer is a "stupid" answer according to the results.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

As this is not in Holy Huddle, I'm gonna jump in and answer this from the perspective of how it was when I was a Christian and married to a Christian woman. It seems women have this silly notion to ask questions they don't want to hear honest answers for.

My position (and still is) is to answer truthfully. The fact is just because we get married doesn't mean we miraculously start finding only our marriage partner attractive. The wife needs to get real. We're still gonna find other members of the opposite sex attractive. So is she. She just needs to accept that is the case and trust that you're not going to act on that attraction.

She might not like the answer, but isn't it better to have her know that she can trust whatever you say, rather than have her going away thinking "He's lying"? I want my partner to be able to trust everything I say, even at the risk of upsetting her.

Having said that, sometimes you can get out of answering the question. I have a partner now who tends to ask stupid questions like that on occasion. I often just say to her. "Why are you asking that question? What do you want me to answer? Do you want me to give an honest answer or do you want me to lie?" Normally she just flags away the question in the end.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World