Moderator: Moderators

GTO50
Banned
Banned

Questions for Jehovah Witness?

Post #1

Post by GTO50 »

Do members of the Jehovah Witness organization
believe that Jesus was the Word as written of in...?

John
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

obertsand

Re: Questions for Jehovah Witness?

Post #11

Post by obertsand »

JehovahsWitness wrote:
obertsand wrote: Explain to me how the word was God but yet was not

YHWH (Almighty) God.

The Word, the mighty spirit that later came to be known on the earth as JESUS CHRIST is described in Isaiah 9:6 in the following terms
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
However, he (Jesus) never identified himself as being YHWH (Jehovah), who alone in scripture is called the ALMIGHTY God (a title never applied to Jesus). Rather this one (Jesus) is called the "son of God". So Jesus, though a mighty god is not the same person as Jehovah his Father, the Creator who has the Personal name of YHWH (Jehovah) the Almighty.
I find it amazing you actually or anyone
for that matter believes all this you have said to me.

You should go back and reread this thread.

Then go look in the mirror and and say

really?

Come on man.

The truth has no flaws in it.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #12

Post by JehovahsWitness »

obertsand wrote: I find it amazing you actually or anyone for that matter believes all this you have said to me.
The purpose of this thread (and subforum) is to my understanding to become better informed on a particular belief, it is not to try and convince anyone of anything or to debate another's faith. I hope that my answers have proved informative in this regard; if you have any other questions on the beliefs of JEHOVAHS WITNESSES feel free to create another thread and post them.

Alternatively you can visit our website at www.jw.org

Have a most excellent day,

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

onewithhim
Savant

Post #13

Post by onewithhim »

GTO50 wrote: Do members of the Jehovah Witness organization
believe that Jesus was the Word as written of in...?

John
Chapter 1
1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Yes, we believe that Jesus was the Word, God's spokesman. We don't believe that Jesus is God Almighty, as he himself made clear. He said to his Father: "YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3)

onewithhim
Savant

Post #14

Post by onewithhim »

obertsand wrote:
JehovahsWitness wrote:
obertsand wrote: Explain to me how the word was God but yet was not

YHWH (Almighty) God.

The Word, the mighty spirit that later came to be known on the earth as JESUS CHRIST is described in Isaiah 9:6 in the following terms
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
However, he (Jesus) never identified himself as being YHWH (Jehovah), who alone in scripture is called the ALMIGHTY God (a title never applied to Jesus). Rather this one (Jesus) is called the "son of God". So Jesus, though a mighty god is not the same person as Jehovah his Father, the Creator who has the Personal name of YHWH (Jehovah) the Almighty.
I find it amazing you actually or anyone
for that matter believes all this you have said to me.

You should go back and reread this thread.

Then go look in the mirror and and say

really?

Come on man.

The truth has no flaws in it.
I think that it is you who needs to do more research. One excellent and very interesting book by a Bible scholar (who has no religious ax to grind) is Truth in Translation by Jason BeDuhn. It's well worth the price of the book. He explains why the rendering of John 1:1 by most Bible translation committees is erroneous.

Also, John 1:1 is the subject of this link: John 1:1 and the Coptic Versions:

http://nwtandcoptic.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... s-ago.html

:?

Talishi
Guru

Post #15

Post by Talishi »

JehovahsWitness wrote: However, he (Jesus) never identified himself as being YHWH (Jehovah), who alone in scripture is called the ALMIGHTY God (a title never applied to Jesus).
On the contrary, it is written (John 8:58):

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

Post #16

Post by Falling Light 101 »

Do Jehovah witnesses know who Jesus is. ? the Son of man,

Rev 1:5 Jesus Christ,

7 he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

the Son of man,

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Rev 1:12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
Rev 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #17

Falling Light 101 wrote:Do Jehovah witnesses know who Jesus is. ?
We believe Jesus to be the Son of God.

He has many titles in the bible "son of Man" is how he often refered to himself in scripture but he is also referred to as "The Word", "Emmanuel" "Prince of Peace".

Hope that helps,

JW

Image[/quote]

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

Just Another Son.

Post #18

Hello friend, Thanks For Your Great Response. It really touched me and did help.

YES - I understand Jehovah Witness Theory. Jehovah Witness Faith Says That - Jesus is - A Son of God.

But My Friends - REMEMBER That Jesus Christ not only Destroyed the Theology of hidden Jehovah Witness Trinity.

But He destroyed the Catholic Trinity As well. Catholicism and Jehovah Witness Organizations both - Deny The FULL Deity Of Jesus Christ. they just choose to go about it differently.

The Believers of both Organizations have the Highest rate of People Converting back and forth - Over to One another's Religions. Because they are Characters / Peoples of mankind and society - Who are unhappy with Jesus Christ being The Father / Spirit Himself, Manifested / MORPHED into Human Form..

they do not agree that the Father - Son and Spirit are not 3

But they are 1. And no matter how much Catholicism and Jehovah Witness Organizations Claim that They are 3. The Father, Son and Sprit will never Claim to be 3.

They Tell You that They are not 3. But They are 1. Hice. A primary numeral 1. Not One in Unity - But the 3 are 1. This is what Catholicism and Jehovah Witness Organizations deny.

Catholicism and Jehovah Witness people are very, Very Unhappy with Jesus Christ Calling Himself God.

Hebrews 1:8 But of the Son he says, “Thy throne, O God, ( THEOS ) is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.

But He Made it Clear in Revelation Chapter 1. - That He HIMSELF Literally was The Almighty, The Alpha and The Omega - FIRST and LAST - The Beginning and The End.

As the Prophecy of Isaiah Validates Our Lord and God And Savior - Jesus Christ. His Name is Called The Mighty God and the Everlasting Father.

The Jesus of Westcott and Hort and the Jehovah Witnessed founder, Charles T. Russell, Refer to Jesus as “ JUST a god�

Yet the ORIGINAL GREEK Manuscripts Always - refer to Jesus as “ The Only God.� remember That in John 20:28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!�

Jesus is Lord and God The Theos Divine God YAHOVAH = YASHUA

Lord Greek 2962 κυ��ιος kurios / koo'-ree-os

The Most supreme in authority. God, Lord. God the Father is the Husband to His Many, Many, Many Believers -Who are his Bride. He is The Husband - So - Jesus Christ ( YAHOSHUAH ) He is The Husband as well. Jesus Christ ( YAHOSHUAH ) is that Same Husband, That Same Person. The Bible says that - God is a Spirit And YAHOSHUAH + * ( Jesus } is the expressed Manifestation of that Eternal Invisible Spirit.

Yes, God Speaks to Himself.

Yes, God even REPENTS to Himself.

Gen 6:6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Exo 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Yes, God Prays To Himself. - Yes God Worships Himself.

Yes God - The Spirit - Created Himself - A Body. To Manifest Himself to Humanity
Yes God Manifested Himself Through - Christ Jesus.

He is Literally the VERY Makeup of God - He is THE VERY GOD Manifested in ( MORPHED ) into Human Form.

The Eternal Spirit Himself Shed His Very Own Eternal Blood. The Eternal Spirit Himself Who Speaks Audio Through Christ. -

The Same God Morphing His Spirit INTO The FORM / MORPH of a Literal Human Being. Living, Eating, Breathing and Feeling like a Human. While Still being in eXistance as a Spirit -

ALL at The Same time - in Heaven and in Earth, In Individual Disciples, Apostles, Prophets and in New Believers. However - In Jesus Was the FULLNESS of the GODHEAD Bodily - In Christ.

Fullness Greek 4138 πλη��ωμα - plērōma / play'-ro-mah

Full, Whole Completion, Filled To fill up, Fulfilling, Full, Fullness. The Father God - Manifested in flesh.

These Three - Are 1. - They are NOT THREE..

In (Revelation 5:6). Before taking the scroll from God the Father, the Lamb, Jesus, is seen to be situated in the center of the throne, occupying the same location and position as God, the Father. This would be consistent with Jesus' statements, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30) and "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" (14:9b). At any time, and at their will, they can coexist together as One.

Then, after projecting outward from the throne, having dissociated Himself from the Father (but still continuing to be God), Jesus, the Lamb, is seen to take the scroll from the Father seated on the throne. In fact, in addition to God the Lamb (Jesus) and God the Father coexisting in the same place and at the same time.

Jehovah Witness believers just don't understand How Jesus Said in Joh 3:13

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Jesus was on Earth and In Heaven all at the Very Same Time. And The Silly Jehovah Witness Cant Imagine this in His One Step theology Religion.

So They Cant understand How Jesus Can Be Man and God at The Same Time.

Falling Light 101
Apprentice

Answers and qwuestions

Post #19

Could Jehovah Witnesses believe the Bible when it says that The 144,000 Virgins are FEMALES - Women.
Not Males. They would Know - There is no Such a term, Idea or a conception of a MALE Virgin.

Only in the world of Homosexual Males - will You Find the Idea of a Male Virgin./

The 144,000 are Female - Singers who have not been Defiled Among Woman.

Not Defiled With Women - As in having not had seX with Women. But They were not defiled among the other women of Israel. They were Virgins and they sang songs and praises and followed Jesus around in Heaven.

They were taken out of the Anthropods - In The Greek manuscripts. Taken Out of MAN KIND. Humans, They were not taken out of Males.

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Answers and qwuestions

Post #20

[Replying to post 19 by Falling Light 101]

Hello Falling,

Jehovah's Witnesses are not bible literalists, meaning we don't take every scripture in the bible to be speaking literally. We believe Revelation 14 that speaks of the 144,000 as being "virgins" to be speaking figuratively.

JW