Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

Correcting the Flawed Beliefs of Seventh-day Adventists

Post #1

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

Each flawed Seventh-day Adventist belief falls into one of two categories: repairable or irreparable. I assert that the Fundamental Beliefs of Confessing Millerite Adventists are perfect and that the Seventh-day Adventist Church has a lot of repairable doctrines.

This thread is for the purpose of letting Confessing Millerite Adventists repair the flawed beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Which flawed SDA belief would you like to see repaired first?

Talishi
Guru

Re: Correcting the Flawed Beliefs of Seventh-day Adventists

Post #2

Post by Talishi »

Zog Has-fallen wrote: Each flawed Seventh-day Adventist belief falls into one of two categories: repairable or irreparable. I assert that the Fundamental Beliefs of Confessing Millerite Adventists are perfect and that the Seventh-day Adventist Church has a lot of repairable doctrines.

This thread is for the purpose of letting Confessing Millerite Adventists repair the flawed beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Which flawed SDA belief would you like to see repaired first?
That the unforgivable Mark of the Beast consists of keeping Sunday rather than Saturday during an unspecified period prior to the end of the age.
Thank you for playing Debating Christianity & Religion!

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

Talishi wrote: That the unforgivable Mark of the Beast consists of keeping Sunday rather than Saturday during an unspecified period prior to the end of the age.
In all honesty, I believe that the ancient notion you cited has to be put in the irreparable category of flawed SDA beliefs. Considering the way events are unfolding now, most Christians don't want to cease their pursuit of amusements for a full 24 hours on Sunday. Indisputably, Sunday sacredness is simply too outdated nowadays. A better guess of what the mark of the beast might eventually evolve into might be a State mandated reverence for the Zionist State of Israel. The Israel lobby is already a very influential power that is already requiring that Zionism be idolized. And it seems that everyone in Churchianity is already a very strong supporter of it. http://everythingimportant.org
Last edited by Zog Has-fallen on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talishi
Guru

Post #4

Post by Talishi »

Zog Has-fallen wrote: The Israel lobby is already a very influential power that is already requiring that Zionism be idolized. And it seems that everyone in Churchianity is already a very strong supporter of it. http://everythingimportant.org
That seems to be a platform for people who vote funny. Most people don't revere the last remaining example of apartheid in the world.

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

Post #5

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

Talishi wrote: That seems to be a platform for people who vote funny. Most people don't revere the last remaining example of apartheid in the world.
The votes of US citizens represent an influence that weighs nothing. Policies are determined by what the wealthiest contributors want.

Virtually all politicians in the United States openly pay homage to Israel notwithstanding all the evil that Zionism represents. For proof, see the video featuring Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at about 80% down the page of http://everythingimportant.org/

As for how prophecy might unfold, if the suspicion of Israel’s participation with our shadow government in the false flag event known as 9/11 continues to increase, it will then be easy to imagine that the Zionist controlled Congress will be requiring the allegiance of US citizens to the Zionist State of Israel and mandating that all dissidents be viewed as terrorists.

Talishi
Guru

Post #6

Post by Talishi »

Zog Has-fallen wrote:
Talishi wrote: That seems to be a platform for people who vote funny. Most people don't revere the last remaining example of apartheid in the world.
The votes of US citizens represent an influence that weighs nothing. Policies are determined by what the wealthiest contributors want.
I agree, and I push for federal funding of elections to eliminate that possibility. The politicians raise their hand in horror and say, "What about the right of corporations to free speech?". So it might not happen until the several states initiate an Article V Con Con.

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

Talishi wrote: I agree, and I push for federal funding of elections to eliminate that possibility.
It's probably already too late. The latest videos by the incredibly insightful and outspoken Debbie Lusignan (the sane progressive) report that legislation has been introduced to put elections under the control of the Department of Homeland Security. And the DHS has already recruited top level management to oversee the process. Interestingly, their chosen experts are all currently being sued on charges of election fraud.

Indisputably, our shadow government wants Hillary Clinton installed as President and, undeniably, the FBI has handed out free "get out of jail cards" like candy to Hillary and her staff.

http://everythingimportant.org/endofdemocracy

onewithhim
Savant

Post #8

Post by onewithhim »

Seventh-Day Adventists have good insight into the truth of "soul-sleep," and that hell-fire is not a reality. I agree absolutely with them on those things.

I do not see why they cling to Sunday as being a strict day of rest, as required under the Law, and apparently they feel that Jesus will come back physically, which I do not believe that the Bible teaches.

Zog Has-fallen
Banned
Banned

SDAs believe in a literal, geophysical end of the world

Post #9

Post by Zog Has-fallen »

onewithhim wrote: Seventh-Day Adventists have good insight into ... hell-fire is not a reality. I agree absolutely with them on those things.

Seventh-day Adventists believe in a real hell-fire, just not one that burns forever. Ellen G. White, the church prophetess, wrote of a literal, geophysical end of the world, which turns into hell on the earth.

I quote:

The firmament appears to open and shut. The glory from the throne of God seems flashing through. The mountains shake like a reed in the wind, and ragged rocks are scattered on every side. There is a roar as of a coming tempest. The sea is lashed into fury. There is heard the shriek of a hurricane like the voice of demons upon a mission of destruction. The whole earth heaves and swells like the waves of the sea. Its surface is breaking up. Its very foundations seem to be giving way. Mountain chains are sinking. Inhabited islands disappear. -- Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy, pp. 636-637.

The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire. The day has come that shall burn as an oven. The elements melt with fervent heat, the earth also, and the works that are therein are burned up. Malachi 4:1; 2 Peter 3:10. The earth's surface seems one molten mass—a vast, seething lake of fire. It is the time of the judgment and perdition of ungodly men--"the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion." Isaiah 34:8. -- Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy, pp. 672-673.

onewithhim
Savant

Re: SDAs believe in a literal, geophysical end of the world

Post #10

Post by onewithhim »

Zog Has-fallen wrote:
onewithhim wrote: Seventh-Day Adventists have good insight into ... hell-fire is not a reality. I agree absolutely with them on those things.

Seventh-day Adventists believe in a real hell-fire, just not one that burns forever. Ellen G. White, the church prophetess, wrote of a literal, geophysical end of the world, which turns into hell on the earth.

I quote:

The firmament appears to open and shut. The glory from the throne of God seems flashing through. The mountains shake like a reed in the wind, and ragged rocks are scattered on every side. There is a roar as of a coming tempest. The sea is lashed into fury. There is heard the shriek of a hurricane like the voice of demons upon a mission of destruction. The whole earth heaves and swells like the waves of the sea. Its surface is breaking up. Its very foundations seem to be giving way. Mountain chains are sinking. Inhabited islands disappear. -- Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy, pp. 636-637.

The earth is broken up. The weapons concealed in its depths are drawn forth. Devouring flames burst from every yawning chasm. The very rocks are on fire. The day has come that shall burn as an oven. The elements melt with fervent heat, the earth also, and the works that are therein are burned up. Malachi 4:1; 2 Peter 3:10. The earth's surface seems one molten mass—a vast, seething lake of fire. It is the time of the judgment and perdition of ungodly men--"the day of the Lord's vengeance, and the year of recompenses for the controversy of Zion." Isaiah 34:8. -- Ellen G. White, The Great Controversy, pp. 672-673.
OK...Miss White realizes that the time of judgment of "ungodly men" is soon to come, but if the earth LITERALLY burns and heaves and becomes like "one molten mass," what happens to the RIGHTEOUS people?