What does a Group do?

Getting to know more about a particular group

Moderator: Moderators

paarsurrey1
Sage

What does a Group do?

Post #1

Post by paarsurrey1 »

I am neither an Agnostic nor Ignostic but I have become a member of the Group. Is it OK?
I go with the reason as could the reason go reasonably.
What does a group do? Please
Regards

benchwarmer
Guru

Re: What does a Group do?

Post #11

Post by benchwarmer »

paarsurrey1 wrote: [Replying to post 2 by benchwarmer]
Thanks for your response.
For instance, I have joined the group Agnostic, I tell them that I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim. I want to have a dialogue with them. How should I go with it with them? I am peaceful and polite and I go with reason as reason could go reasonably.
Regards
Hi paarsurrey1, I think you have misunderstood what a 'group' means in the context of this website. You are not joining a bunch of people to discuss something, you are (on this site) labeling yourself as a person who subscribes to the ideas of the group label.

If you want to have discussions with Agnostics, just start a discussion/debate in the appropriate forum (see the forum guidelines on how and where to start your discussion/debate).

To reiterate, 'groups' are simply a way to advertise to the other members what your general beliefs and opinions are. Some of the groups are purely for fun. When you have amassed enough tokens, you can even create your own group that others could join. For example, I could create a group called "Licks flag poles when the temp drops below 20C" or "Never says no to bacon" or "Wears pink socks", etc.

Have fun!

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by McCulloch »

paarsurrey1 wrote:
McCulloch wrote:[Replying to post 5 by paarsurrey1]By joining the group Ignostic, you are publicly asserting that you don't know what is meant by the word, 'God'.
I don't think that it is a declaration to that effect.
It simply tells that I don't hate them and that we are friendly and we can share and discuss our notes on different world-views with reason and peaceful dialogue. Right, please?
Wrong. You evidently misunderstand the intent of the use of groups here.
When your posts, are displayed in this forum, the groups that you belong to are listed below your username. This indicates that you have identified as being a member of those groups.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #13

Post by paarsurrey1 »

McCulloch wrote:
paarsurrey1 wrote:
McCulloch wrote:[Replying to post 5 by paarsurrey1]By joining the group Ignostic, you are publicly asserting that you don't know what is meant by the word, 'God'.
I don't think that it is a declaration to that effect.
It simply tells that I don't hate them and that we are friendly and we can share and discuss our notes on different world-views with reason and peaceful dialogue. Right, please?
Wrong. You evidently misunderstand the intent of the use of groups here.
When your posts, are displayed in this forum, the groups that you belong to are listed below your username. This indicates that you have identified as being a member of those groups.
I have unsubscribed myself from this group. My intention was different as I have explained in this thread. I am a firm believer in God with my own conviction. I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim and I have got nothing to do with Atheism/Agnosticism/Ignosticism/Skepticism etc people who don't believe in God.
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #14

Post by paarsurrey1 »

Now I have become a member of the Group:
"Has read the entire Bible"
I have read both the OT and NT Bibles from cover to cover.
What I have to do now, please?
Anybody, please
Regards

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Post #15

Post by JehovahsWitness »

[Replying to post 10 by Divine Insight]

I think paarsurrey1 is asking if one has to belong to any given group to post in the named forum.

Can a non-atheist post in the atheist subforum?

JW
INDEX: More bible based ANSWERS
http://debatingchristianity.com/forum/v ... 81#p826681

"For if we live, we live to Jehovah, and if we die, we die to Jehovah. So both if we live and if we die, we belong to Jehovah" -
Romans 14:8

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #16

Post by paarsurrey1 »

[Replying to post 15 by JehovahsWitness]

Is here a separate forum for Atheism, Agnosticism,Ignosticism, Skepticism Etc from the non-believers?Theirs is the weakest World-View, we Believers must make it obvious to them. I just want to tell them with reasons as to how unreasonable their stance happens to be. Others could also join in this project. Right, please?
Regards

paarsurrey1
Sage

Post #17

Post by paarsurrey1 »

I have subscribed to the following group:

"Has read the entire Bible"
And I have if fact read the Bible, both OT and NT, from cover to cover. I have read both Catholic and Protestant version of the NT. I have also gone through parts of the Judaism scripture called Torah and other books.
What I am supposed to do being a member of the Group, please?
Anybody, please

Regards